Thread: USD is #1.....

Default USD is #1.....

USD's campus is absolutely beautiful. Hard to argue.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    USD's campus is absolutely beautiful. Hard to argue.
    USD campus also includes 2 great churches, the Immaculata, sort of a mini cathedral, and a small, original mission nearby where many marriages occur.

That is quite a compliment and also to see Loyola mentioned ....giving the WCC something to crow about.....the other WCC campuses in California are also very attractive.....

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    USD campus also includes 2 great churches, the Immaculata, sort of a mini cathedral, and a small, original mission nearby where many marriages occur.
    Attended a beautiful mass there. My wonderful home church could fit into the entryway at Immaculata.

Been on the LMU campus; very nice.

Pepperdine campus nothing special but the setting is spectacular.
    This space for rent.

Indeed. Stopped there on a baseball roadtrip from Phoenix to Seattle back when I was in college.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Is there any more beautiful conference in D1 Sports? The WCC is just jam packed with stunning campuses.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    Is there any more beautiful conference in D1 Sports? The WCC is just jam packed with stunning campuses.
    Patriot League: Bucknell (#2), Lehigh, Lafayette, Colgate, Navy and Army, et al, get the nod in terms of 4 season beauty. USMA is ridiculously beautiful....

Patriot League: Bucknell (#2), Lehigh, Lafayette, Colgate, Navy and Army, et al, get the nod in terms of 4 season beauty. USMA is ridiculously beautiful....
    maybe its my fond memories of the west coast that have me thinking the WCC has it better

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    ...I continue to be astounded at the inability of half the schools with these beautiful campuses to recruit and field competitive teams.

O/T, I received confirmation from a very reliable source that the Zags will never venture to West Texas for games against UTEP or NMSU...a VERY reliable source...lolol. I can still hope for SMU or a couple of major Texas universities. The door wasn't closed on those.

USD should compete for championship again this year.......LINK

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    USD should compete for championship again this year.......LINK
    They are always going to have a problem when they have to leave their comfortable climes and play in the bitter cold fields at North Dakota, Montana or EWU.

I remember watching Montana play during their championship runs during the late '90s. Stephen F. Austin, Georgia Southern had to come up to Grizzly Stadium during one of the coldest winters. Game time temps were below zero. The ground was frozen like concrete. Tough conditions for a warm weather team.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time