Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT-My sweet mother passed away Saturday, and I now have PROOF that I'm KINDA from Spo

I'm sooo very sorry Nathan, may the Lord touch your family and bring peace, knowing you will be with her again and that she's with our Lord right now.... There is nothing like losing a parent. As an adult they seem the same age as when we were kids. May God bring you and yours the same peace and joy that you (at least in part) bring to everyone here - your family on this board- with every positive and uplifting post of yours! Godbless WooHoo!!!
    "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
    -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Woo saddest thing to lose your anchors in life. I dropped a note to you a few weeks ago. And left contact info. All the fellas/women on this board are correct. It takes time....but to be clear the inside part of you will always have a piece gone. Sorry for the loss. It's a big one.
    One of the biggest jobs of a mom is to leave behind good children. We have you. She did great Again sorry.
    Hey Abe, did you mail the note, or PM? I didn't get a PM (I need to clear some messages, it may have been full). If you mailed it, it's likely in the process of being re-routed to me, as we have recently moved.

Thank you for the kind words everyone! We had a very big turnout at her visitation. It was hard, but very comforting.
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Sorry for your loss, I have lost a parent and it isn't easy.
    On another note that is the exact year I was in 5th grade, just up the road at Hamblen.
    "What is the ugliest part of your body?...I say it's your mind". F. Z.

So sorry for your loss Woohoo. You're so young to lose your mom.

Mine will be 94 in Oct; she had a series of strokes that damaged her ability to speak and perform the most basic functions about 4 1/2 years ago, and broke a hip about that time and is wheelchair bound. At 89 she was doing things like someone 20 years younger, then within 6 months essentially became an invalid.

My brother and I are taking care of her in her home, and it's not easy; consumes my life nearly 24/7. But your post is a reminder (one I need from time to time, honestly) to be grateful for every day she's here.

My heart goes out to you and your family. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

From these pictures you can a lot of her in you, Woohoo. God bless you and your family in these hard times.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Sorry, Woohoo.
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Hey Abe, did you mail the note, or PM? I didn't get a PM (I need to clear some messages, it may have been full). If you mailed it, it's likely in the process of being re-routed to me, as we have recently moved.

Thank you for the kind words everyone! We had a very big turnout at her visitation. It was hard, but very comforting.
    Nathan I sent you email..........my contact info.Also I told you your moms surgeon had passed. He did a super job consider how young she was.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Nathan I sent you email..........my contact info.Also I told you your moms surgeon had passed. He did a super job consider how young she was.
    He did pass? Too bad. I hate to hear that. I imagine he was getting 'up there' in years though. Yes, he did a fantastic job, considering that was in the 50's!! And from what she had told me, that doctor had told her that she would very likely need another heart surgery in her mid 30's....and she ended up having exactly that! I think she was 35 or 36.

But anyway, I never did receive your email Abe, I apologize. Do you still have that in your 'sent' folder that you could re-send/forward it to me?

Thanks!
    Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Sorry for your loss, and condolences to you and your family.

Thinking of you WH
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Peace and love, brother.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Condolences, WooHoo. Prayers to you and your family. Be strong for one another

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

I'm so very sorry, Nathan. Thinking of you and your family.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Nathan. We're so sorry for your loss.
    "There is a time when panic is the appropriate response." Eugene Kleiner

My beautiful mother passed away on Saturday at the young age of 66. It's been incredibly difficult, and I don't think it's actually even set in for me yet.

But anyway, many of you know that I've lived in Missouri my whole life. When my mom was little, her family moved around quite a lot. She had told me years ago that they lived in Spokane for a bit.

Anyway, while going through some of her things these last few days, I found THIS picture. I thought it was really neat!! So SEE!!!!!! I'm kind of technically ALSO from Spokane. A little.

Ugh. I'm so sorry bro. She is my mothers age. I wish you the best in recovery and my condolences. I wish you the best my man.
    Love the zags for life

Thanks amaronizag. Really appreciate the kind words!

And I've heard many others say what you just did, that time will help the pain some, but you never really get over the loss. A friend of mine said his dad passed away 10 years ago, yet every now and then his cell phone will ring and for a brief moment he will hope/think it might be his dad calling him. Crazy. And depressing.
    Yea that's tough.
    Love the zags for life

I send a message of peace to a friend on this board.
    I am headed to Wenatchee tomorrow to spend the weekend with my 90 year old mom.
    Nothing lasts forever - let us all enjoy who we can, what we can, when we can.

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Woohoo, I know that this is a tough time for you and your family. I'm so sorry. The one thing I am sure of is that your mother was one of the all time great mothers as evidenced by her wonderful son.
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Woohoo, I know that this is a tough time for you and your family. I'm so sorry. The one thing I am sure of is that your mother was one of the all time great mothers as evidenced by her wonderful son.
    +1
    PMTA
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

WooHoo,

So sorry for your loss. This has to be one of the hardest times someone has to go through in life. Nothing can prepare you for these times.

Keep your head up and continue to make her proud.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Losing my mother three years ago was one of the hardest things I have ever been through. But it was for the best. She had been batting neuropathy, extreme arthritis, pulmonary fibrosis and schizophrenia for years, and years, and years. It's amazing that she lived as long as she did. It was a true testament to her love of family and her deep Catholic faith. I think the only day she missed communion in church was the morning she died. She wouldn't allow the sisters of the church to come by the home to administer communion for her. She was determined to make it to church, portable oxygen tank and all.

Sorry to hear of your loss, and if things get to be too challenging, I very much suggest a local grieving group. They are community sponsored and free. I found it very helpful....just hearing people's stories.

It is with deep sorrow that I read of your loss.

It might please you to know that you are the only member of this board that my own 89-year-old mother knows--ExtremeMillie's not on the internet, but I regularly send her copies of the artwork you submit as the result of your dreams . Right now she's mulling her viewing of the NBA Summer League games in which Zags will appear, having been provided a copy of ZagNative's schedule through the mail at her home in Sacramento. Some of them could conflict with Judge Judy, and although she is mistress of the 1200-channel satellite system my younger brother has provided, the DVR function has so far proven impenetrable.

Parents still speak to us whether present or departed. Dad used to speak of The Pull From Beyond The Grass, which was a sort of psychic gravitic force exerted on us by our antecedents such that at some point, the sounds of the partying from the Other Side make us let go of our positions here, with all their pain and degradation of physical capability, in favor of a new life where we can be restored to mint condition. He made the transition in 2012, and was completely ready to go when the time came.

I hope for your Mom it was the same. Certainly you are one of the very few posters here who is beloved of all, so she did her work exceedingly well.

You take care, Woohoo.

Losing a mother is a huge loss. All my thoughts.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."