Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OT-My sweet mother passed away Saturday, and I now have PROOF that I'm KINDA from Spo

Default OT-My sweet mother passed away Saturday, and I now have PROOF that I'm KINDA from Spo

My beautiful mother passed away on Saturday at the young age of 66. It's been incredibly difficult, and I don't think it's actually even set in for me yet.

But anyway, many of you know that I've lived in Missouri my whole life. When my mom was little, her family moved around quite a lot. She had told me years ago that they lived in Spokane for a bit.

Anyway, while going through some of her things these last few days, I found THIS picture. I thought it was really neat!! So SEE!!!!!! I'm kind of technically ALSO from Spokane. A little.

Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family, WooHoo.

Here are 2 more random pics, one is a family pic we took about 18 months ago, and the other is from my wedding (11 years ago).

Loving thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, WooHoo.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Great family photo. Priceless. I'm glad you have these.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Heartbreaking news, Woo. Thoughts and prayers for you and yours.

Prayers up for your loss, woohoo. Thanks for posting the school picture...loved the teacher's glasses. Brought back memories.

Very hard times WooHoo, my heart goes out to you. I lost my mom to cancer when I was in the 4th grade. Fifty some years later I still miss her and look at her pictures often. Be glad your wife and kids got to know her and spend time with her as a family. With time the pain diminishes and those great pictures will bring fond memories of happy times. Hang in there. I've never met you, but I know from this forum that you are a kind soul and she had to have been very proud of you.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    Very hard times WooHoo, my heart goes out to you. I lost my mom to cancer when I was in the 4th grade. Fifty some years later I still miss her and look at her pictures often. Be glad your wife and kids got to know her and spend time with her as a family. With time the pain diminishes and those great pictures will bring fond memories of happy times. Hang in there. I've never met you, but I know from this forum that you are a kind soul and she had to have been very proud of you.
    Thanks amaronizag. Really appreciate the kind words!

And I've heard many others say what you just did, that time will help the pain some, but you never really get over the loss. A friend of mine said his dad passed away 10 years ago, yet every now and then his cell phone will ring and for a brief moment he will hope/think it might be his dad calling him. Crazy. And depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    Nicely put, amaron. My "Father's Day" gift to my 3 kids was a brief speech on their "Get Out of Jail Free" cards with me. Not that I plan on exiting the scene anytime soon, far from it. I told them to not worry about holding back any apologies for misdeeds they think they committed against me, I've forgiven them. That's from the unconditional love we have for our children.

I saw that when my FIL passed away: he was very ill, but his death was sudden. The guilt I saw from his kids was wrenching, so many of them had not reconciled themselves with him. Knowing him like I did, I intuitively knew he "forgave" them long ago. It just took that experience for me to formulate my philosophy. I've had an amazing life, with hopefully more to see. When I check out, I prefer that they celebrate my life and all of our good times.

Sorry for your loss Woohoo, prayers are with you and your mom. Did you know that the grade school she attended is just 4 or 5 blocks from the infamous S Perry Steps where the Zags at one time (maybe still) worked out. On the plus side, she likely wasn't a "cake eater" as that school is just below the demarcation line.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Sorry for your loss Woohoo, prayers are with you and your mom. Did you know that the grade school she attended is just 4 or 5 blocks from the infamous S Perry Steps where the Zags at one time (maybe still) worked out. On the plus side, she likely wasn't a "cake eater" as that school is just below the demarcation line.
    Really?? That's interesting. So the building is still standing then? If so, I'd like to swing by it next time I'm in Spokane.

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    Really?? That's interesting. So the building is still standing then? If so, I'd like to swing by it next time I'm in Spokane.
    I think they razed old Grant Elementary, a local would know for sure.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Sorry for your loss Woohoo.

Grant Grade School History.......rebuilt in 1980

Quote Originally Posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
    My beautiful mother passed away on Saturday at the young age of 66. It's been incredibly difficult, and I don't think it's actually even set in for me yet.

But anyway, many of you know that I've lived in Missouri my whole life. When my mom was little, her family moved around quite a lot. She had told me years ago that they lived in Spokane for a bit.

Anyway, while going through some of her things these last few days, I found THIS picture. I thought it was really neat!! So SEE!!!!!! I'm kind of technically ALSO from Spokane. A little.

thoughts and prayers for you and your family
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Prayers to you and all ... great post. Truly you have Spokane in your blood.

Go Zags!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

So sorry for your loss, WH.
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Sorry for your loss brother. May the Lord give you peace in these tough times.

So sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

I'm so sorry for your loss. I actually fought back a year looking at the wedding photo. My dad passed away 2001 and it took me awhile to grieve. Every milestone a pass as an adult is bittersweet (college graduation, marriage, child, first house, etc...). He would have loved watching the Zags.

So sorry for your loss, WooHoo. Nothing will take your pain away but you can be thankful that you did have your Mom for as long as you did, that she got to see you grow to manhood, that she got to be with her grandkids. Those are tremendous memories.

It'll take awhile, but it does get easier with time.

Prayers to you and your family, brother.
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Woo saddest thing to lose your anchors in life. I dropped a note to you a few weeks ago. And left contact info. All the fellas/women on this board are correct. It takes time....but to be clear the inside part of you will always have a piece gone. Sorry for the loss. It's a big one.
    One of the biggest jobs of a mom is to leave behind good children. We have you. She did great Again sorry.

I'm sorry for the loss of your mom, WooHoo. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Sorry for your loss Woohoo. It takes time but it will get better. I lost my mother 20 plus years ago and still think of her constantly. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

All of Zagnation embraces you. All of Zagnation prays for you. . . You will be reunited.