OT-My sweet mother passed away Saturday, and I now have PROOF that I'm KINDA from Spo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

OT-My sweet mother passed away Saturday, and I now have PROOF that I'm KINDA from Spo

My beautiful mother passed away on Saturday at the young age of 66. It's been incredibly difficult, and I don't think it's actually even set in for me yet.

But anyway, many of you know that I've lived in Missouri my whole life. When my mom was little, her family moved around quite a lot. She had told me years ago that they lived in Spokane for a bit.

Anyway, while going through some of her things these last few days, I found THIS picture. I thought it was really neat!! So SEE!!!!!! I'm kind of technically ALSO from Spokane. A little.

Allow myself to introduce....myself...
  • zagfan24
    Zag for Life
    • Jun 2008

Thoughts and prayers with you and your family, WooHoo.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
      • Feb 2007

Here are 2 more random pics, one is a family pic we took about 18 months ago, and the other is from my wedding (11 years ago).

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

Loving thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, WooHoo.
        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• Reborn
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2007

Great family photo. Priceless. I'm glad you have these.
          Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• GoZags
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Heartbreaking news, Woo. Thoughts and prayers for you and yours.
            sigpic
            “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
            ——-
            List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
            Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Prayers up for your loss, woohoo. Thanks for posting the school picture...loved the teacher's glasses. Brought back memories.

Comment

• amaronizag
                Bleeds GU Blue
                • Jul 2013

Very hard times WooHoo, my heart goes out to you. I lost my mom to cancer when I was in the 4th grade. Fifty some years later I still miss her and look at her pictures often. Be glad your wife and kids got to know her and spend time with her as a family. With time the pain diminishes and those great pictures will bring fond memories of happy times. Hang in there. I've never met you, but I know from this forum that you are a kind soul and she had to have been very proud of you.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by amaronizag View Post
                  Very hard times WooHoo, my heart goes out to you. I lost my mom to cancer when I was in the 4th grade. Fifty some years later I still miss her and look at her pictures often. Be glad your wife and kids got to know her and spend time with her as a family. With time the pain diminishes and those great pictures will bring fond memories of happy times. Hang in there. I've never met you, but I know from this forum that you are a kind soul and she had to have been very proud of you.
                  Thanks amaronizag. Really appreciate the kind words!

And I've heard many others say what you just did, that time will help the pain some, but you never really get over the loss. A friend of mine said his dad passed away 10 years ago, yet every now and then his cell phone will ring and for a brief moment he will hope/think it might be his dad calling him. Crazy. And depressing.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by amaronizag View Post
                    Nicely put, amaron. My "Father's Day" gift to my 3 kids was a brief speech on their "Get Out of Jail Free" cards with me. Not that I plan on exiting the scene anytime soon, far from it. I told them to not worry about holding back any apologies for misdeeds they think they committed against me, I've forgiven them. That's from the unconditional love we have for our children.

I saw that when my FIL passed away: he was very ill, but his death was sudden. The guilt I saw from his kids was wrenching, so many of them had not reconciled themselves with him. Knowing him like I did, I intuitively knew he "forgave" them long ago. It just took that experience for me to formulate my philosophy. I've had an amazing life, with hopefully more to see. When I check out, I prefer that they celebrate my life and all of our good times.

Comment

• Birddog
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Sorry for your loss Woohoo, prayers are with you and your mom. Did you know that the grade school she attended is just 4 or 5 blocks from the infamous S Perry Steps where the Zags at one time (maybe still) worked out. On the plus side, she likely wasn't a "cake eater" as that school is just below the demarcation line.
                      Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                      Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                      All mimsy were the borogoves,
                      And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Birddog View Post
                        Sorry for your loss Woohoo, prayers are with you and your mom. Did you know that the grade school she attended is just 4 or 5 blocks from the infamous S Perry Steps where the Zags at one time (maybe still) worked out. On the plus side, she likely wasn't a "cake eater" as that school is just below the demarcation line.
                        Really?? That's interesting. So the building is still standing then? If so, I'd like to swing by it next time I'm in Spokane.

Comment

• Birddog
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                          Really?? That's interesting. So the building is still standing then? If so, I'd like to swing by it next time I'm in Spokane.
                          I think they razed old Grant Elementary, a local would know for sure.
                          Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                          Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                          All mimsy were the borogoves,
                          And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• Zagceo
                            Zag for Life
                            • Nov 2013

Sorry for your loss Woohoo.

Grant Grade School History.......rebuilt in 1980

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                              My beautiful mother passed away on Saturday at the young age of 66. It's been incredibly difficult, and I don't think it's actually even set in for me yet.

But anyway, many of you know that I've lived in Missouri my whole life. When my mom was little, her family moved around quite a lot. She had told me years ago that they lived in Spokane for a bit.

Anyway, while going through some of her things these last few days, I found THIS picture. I thought it was really neat!! So SEE!!!!!! I'm kind of technically ALSO from Spokane. A little.

thoughts and prayers for you and your family
                              The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

Working...
                              X