OT-My sweet mother passed away Saturday, and I now have PROOF that I'm KINDA from Spo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TheZagPhish
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
    Woohoo, I know that this is a tough time for you and your family. I'm so sorry. The one thing I am sure of is that your mother was one of the all time great mothers as evidenced by her wonderful son.
    +1
    PMTA
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Comment

• SWZag
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

WooHoo,

So sorry for your loss. This has to be one of the hardest times someone has to go through in life. Nothing can prepare you for these times.

Keep your head up and continue to make her proud.

Thoughts are with you and your family.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

• CDC84
        Super Moderator
        • Feb 2007

Losing my mother three years ago was one of the hardest things I have ever been through. But it was for the best. She had been batting neuropathy, extreme arthritis, pulmonary fibrosis and schizophrenia for years, and years, and years. It's amazing that she lived as long as she did. It was a true testament to her love of family and her deep Catholic faith. I think the only day she missed communion in church was the morning she died. She wouldn't allow the sisters of the church to come by the home to administer communion for her. She was determined to make it to church, portable oxygen tank and all.

Sorry to hear of your loss, and if things get to be too challenging, I very much suggest a local grieving group. They are community sponsored and free. I found it very helpful....just hearing people's stories.

Comment

• ExtremeJim
          Kennel Club Material
          • Feb 2007

It is with deep sorrow that I read of your loss.

It might please you to know that you are the only member of this board that my own 89-year-old mother knows--ExtremeMillie's not on the internet, but I regularly send her copies of the artwork you submit as the result of your dreams . Right now she's mulling her viewing of the NBA Summer League games in which Zags will appear, having been provided a copy of ZagNative's schedule through the mail at her home in Sacramento. Some of them could conflict with Judge Judy, and although she is mistress of the 1200-channel satellite system my younger brother has provided, the DVR function has so far proven impenetrable.

Parents still speak to us whether present or departed. Dad used to speak of The Pull From Beyond The Grass, which was a sort of psychic gravitic force exerted on us by our antecedents such that at some point, the sounds of the partying from the Other Side make us let go of our positions here, with all their pain and degradation of physical capability, in favor of a new life where we can be restored to mint condition. He made the transition in 2012, and was completely ready to go when the time came.

I hope for your Mom it was the same. Certainly you are one of the very few posters here who is beloved of all, so she did her work exceedingly well.

Comment

• BobZag
            Dark Lord of the Zag
            • Jan 2007

You take care, Woohoo.

Losing a mother is a huge loss. All my thoughts.
            The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Lurknomore
              Professional Zag Fan
              • Feb 2007

Sharing your sadness and praying for your comfort....

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ExtremeJim View Post
                It is with deep sorrow that I read of your loss.

It might please you to know that you are the only member of this board that my own 89-year-old mother knows--ExtremeMillie's not on the internet, but I regularly send her copies of the artwork you submit as the result of your dreams . Right now she's mulling her viewing of the NBA Summer League games in which Zags will appear, having been provided a copy of ZagNative's schedule through the mail at her home in Sacramento. Some of them could conflict with Judge Judy, and although she is mistress of the 1200-channel satellite system my younger brother has provided, the DVR function has so far proven impenetrable.

Parents still speak to us whether present or departed. Dad used to speak of The Pull From Beyond The Grass, which was a sort of psychic gravitic force exerted on us by our antecedents such that at some point, the sounds of the partying from the Other Side make us let go of our positions here, with all their pain and degradation of physical capability, in favor of a new life where we can be restored to mint condition. He made the transition in 2012, and was completely ready to go when the time came.

I hope for your Mom it was the same. Certainly you are one of the very few posters here who is beloved of all, so she did her work exceedingly well.

Love it. Thank you.
                Allow myself to introduce....myself...

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
                  Woohoo, I know that this is a tough time for you and your family. I'm so sorry. The one thing I am sure of is that your mother was one of the all time great mothers as evidenced by her wonderful son.
                  You're too kind. Thank you!

Thank you all for the posts and messages. It really has been a great comfort for me, and I sincerely appreciate them all!

Comment

• a13coach
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

WooHoo, My prayers and deepest sympathies for you and your family. God bless!
                    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
                    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
                    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO
                    sigpic
                    E .· ` ' / ·. F
                    The FOO fuels me.

Comment

• Bogozags
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2008

So sad for you and your family! You are in my thoughts and prayers!

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
                        • Feb 2007

Thanks again everyone. This has been very helpful for me. I'll also be printing this thread out and showing it to my father. I know he'll appreciate all of the kind words too.

PS- I moved this thread myself. It was time to get it off of the main board. Thx again all. #TwoVeryAppreciativeZagThumbsUp

Comment

• ZaGranny
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jun 2013

Some of us are a little slow sending our thoughts and condolences. I was going to call, but I can't find your phone number--and you may have changed it when you moved.

I know you are going through a very tough time. I lost my mom when I was 42 and she was 71 and it was a very hard time. My thoughts are with you.

PS Please pm me your phone number and address. I have some things for the boys fro the tournament.

ZaGranny
                          Formerly ID ZAGFAN--now officially ZaGranny.

Comment

• 2wiceright
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Dec 2007

OT-My sweet mother passed away Saturday, and I now have PROOF that I'm KINDA from Spo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Last edited by 2wiceright; 10-05-2017, 03:53 PM. Reason: Hit wrong keys by mistake
                            "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
                            -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Comment

• 2wiceright
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Dec 2007

Originally posted by 2wiceright View Post
                              Look for PM.

"Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
                              -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Comment

Working...
                              X