Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kamaka Hepa

Default Kamaka Hepa

Visited Washington today, Will be at Texas tomorrow.

I was so sure he'd be a Zag.

Don't know current status but doesn't seem to be happening, does it, anyone?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I was so sure he'd be a Zag.

Don't know current status but doesn't seem to be happening, does it, anyone?
    Why doubt that he'll be a Zag? Lots of kids visit other schools before choosing the one they know in their heart they will commit. I haven't seen anything to cause me to believe he is less interested in GU than he was a month ago. Maybe I missed something?

Scout "Crystal Ball" still has him as a 50% GU commit with Oregon and "foggy" both sharing second place at 25%. FWIW, two out of three of the Oregon predictors have Hepa committing to Gonzaga:

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstituti...ertPredictions

If I got an expenses paid trip to visit campuses, I would certainly go. I wouldn't have visited UW as an official, he can go there anytime. Maybe Florida or Miami, Connecticut...see the USA on somebody else's dime!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    If I got an expenses paid trip to visit campuses, I would certainly go. I wouldn't have visited UW as an official, he can go there anytime. Maybe Florida or Miami, Connecticut...see the USA on somebody else's dime!
    Washington was an unofficial.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Lots of things to see and do at Louisville, so I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Lots of things to see and do at Louisville, so I hear.
    Right now the leader in the clubhouse is "duck & cover."
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    Scout "Crystal Ball" still has him as a 50% GU commit with Oregon and "foggy" both sharing second place at 25%. FWIW, two out of three of the Oregon predictors have Hepa committing to Gonzaga:

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstituti...ertPredictions
    I am glad to hear that. I had heard so little about him with regard to us, and that was why I asked the question. My "doubt" was based solely upon hearing so little.

And, in answer to another post, I certainly don't begrudge a kid taking all 5 visits. In fact, if it were me, or my son, even if I'd picked with absolute certainty, I'd still go on trips, both to hear what they have to say, but also just to see new places, meet new people, might never have that opportunity again.

I am heartened by the thread, though Sittting is someone I listen to.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I know absolutely nothing on this one at this time Dix, other than I would love the Zags to snag him.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

"Kamaka Hepa"

If he does not make it in college basketball, he has a great career ahead selling Ukuleles or vacuum cleaner filtration systems in Hawaii.

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Gonzaga: “They have been talking to me for a long time, since I was a freshman. I have gone to their team camps since I was young and we have always had a good relationship with them there. Coach (Brian) Michaelson has done a great job of building a relationship with my family and they are definitely one of my top schools.”

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....front-for-hepa

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I know absolutely nothing
    Sergeant Shultz - is that you?

Love ya "50" - couldn't help myself.

Go!! Zags!!!

We are his sentimental favorite.

Considering he grew up in Alaska and lives in rainy NW, seems to be gravitating towards warmer/sunny weather.

Have a feeling USC or Texas whom are both coming on strong as of late, esp in recruiting circles.

Hopeful but kinda trending downward.

We were the first to show interest -- most times this is a great position to be in, sometimes they want to meet others at the party who look cuter but not nearly the personality. Choosing the girl next door is usually best long term and happiness but hard to ignore the girls from outta town who seem so fun

On a positive note- Texas just had 2 forwards commit -- hopefully that will give Hepa second thoughts.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...exas-longhorns

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    On a positive note- Texas just had 2 forwards commit -- hopefully that will give Hepa second thoughts.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...exas-longhorns
    If he didn't notice, he should.

Both are Top-100 forwards. Same size, position, and class as Hepa.

One is 5* and higher ranked, other is 4* and ranked the same.

Playing time early on can matter these days. He is our #1 target with an opportunity to play right away and develop.

Coach Smart and Texas is an enticing option, yet wonder if this rules them out? Although his official visit is over Labor Day wkend.

Gotta be between USC & Gonzaga at this juncture, although we all heard his visit to LA went really well.

10%.....says same thing about all the schools.....wind is shifting..

http://247sports.com/Player/Kamaka-Hepa-86002

http://www.scout.com/Player/Kamaka-Hepa-86002

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    10%.....says same thing about all the schools.....wind is shifting..

http://247sports.com/Player/Kamaka-Hepa-86002

http://www.scout.com/Player/Kamaka-Hepa-86002
    Ya, sensing USC but ya never know...

He'd be a perfect 'Zag' type player too, really hope he chooses us. For selfish reasons but also for fit.

His blue collar skill set, attitude, & versatile post game would be a perfect fit in our system. Could be a star.

Coach Enfield coached Florida Gulf Coast to some glory years prior to USC, and is a run, gun, spread you out, and knife type of Coach. Transition opportunistic type offense. Definitely doesn't feature post players in his approach. A 6'9, moderately athletic kid, with rapid developing post moves, isn't his forte, if you will.

He's a very good recruiter tho

I'm still confident he'll be a Zag.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Ya, sensing USC but ya never know...

He'd be a perfect 'Zag' type player too, really hope he chooses us. For selfish reasons but also for fit.

His blue collar skill set, attitude, & versatile post game would be a perfect fit in our system. Could be a star.

Coach Enfield coached Florida Gulf Coast to some glory years prior to USC, and is a run, gun, spread you out, and knife type of Coach. Transition opportunistic type offense. Definitely doesn't feature post players in his approach. A 6'9, moderately athletic kid, with rapid developing post moves, isn't his forte, if you will.

He's a very good recruiter tho
    Andy's best recruit ever is still Mrs. E.

http://thebiglead.com/2013/07/17/and...-at-the-espys/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2918013.html

We already lost out on Taeshon Cherry to USC, if we lose Hepa I will blow a gasket.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    We already lost out on Taeshon Cherry to USC, if we lose Hepa I will blow a gasket.
    No kidding. People mentioned Texas just signing PFs that could be ahead of Hepa in the rotation. Same thing with Cherry at USC.

If Hepa chooses to split time at Texas or USC instead of being big man on campus in Spokane, it would signal a wind change of kids prioritizing factors above stability, winning and playing time. Which is hard for me and many others to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    tru dat.

UT and Ducks should be the bigger worry. Don't see him going to USC to be the 5th person at a position.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Default ??

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Zags didn't lose out on a kid that never even visited ---was not ever in the running I bet ----just a college name for misdirection -----dearly hope Hepa is not practicing the same protocol