Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 213

Thread: Summer player news, tidbits, misc

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,319

    Default

    Thanks Zagdawg.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    The promised land sheds a new light for Gonzaga

    http://en.bloguru.com/GloryHounds/30...-new-light-for
    Love this!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    The promised land sheds a new light for Gonzaga

    http://en.bloguru.com/GloryHounds/30...-new-light-for
    Love this!

    And man, can you imagine? Nigel and Domas on this team? That'd be incredible.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,160

    Default

    [QUOTE=webspinnre;1333428]Love this!





    Wade, nerve injury, shoulder..??

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,245

    Default

    Leave it the guy to find the silver lining in any article..........

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,228

    Default

    What????? Jesse? If true it's a messy thing!

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Leave it the guy to find the silver lining in any article..........
    It’s called reading comprehension.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    7,165

    Default

    Wade right shoulder?

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,447

    Default

    [QUOTE=jazzdelmar;1333434]
    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Love this!





    Wade, nerve injury, shoulder..??
    Not the news - I love the writing.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Anyone notice that he left someone out in his dream of returning players?

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Love this!

    And man, can you imagine? Nigel and Domas on this team? That'd be incredible.
    Bud missed it in his recap, but Tommy actually mentioned Nigel, Domas AND Zach Collins ....

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dhozagfan08 View Post
    Anyone notice that he left someone out in his dream of returning players?
    Just addressed it in another post. Zach was the first one of the three that Tommy mentioned ... in fact, he was answering a question about Collins when he told the group about his "dream".

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Bud missed it in his recap, but Tommy actually mentioned Nigel, Domas AND Zach Collins ....
    Amazing isn’t it. When I have conjured such a thing I am roundly criticized hereabouts on a number of different fronts. Sigh. Guess rank has its privileges. You go, Tommy.

  14. #189
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Amazing isn’t it. When I have conjured such a thing I am roundly criticized hereabouts on a number of different fronts. Sigh. Guess rank has its privileges. You go, Tommy.
    I don't believe Tommy said that they made big mistakes by leaving early.

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    15,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Amazing isn’t it. When I have conjured such a thing I am roundly criticized hereabouts on a number of different fronts. Sigh. Guess rank has its privileges. You go, Tommy.
    It is all in the delivery.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,325

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    I don't believe Tommy said that they made big mistakes by leaving early.
    Now that is called reading comprehension....he never even hinted that they made a mistake....

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,160

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Now that is called reading comprehension....he never even hinted that they made a mistake....
    Riiight. As if he ever could.

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    7,325

    Default

    Well played....

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,245

    Default

    The best international newcomers in college basketball

    Jacob Larsen, Gonzaga
    Has anyone had more success with international prospects over the last decade than Gonzaga? Perhaps the next big man from across the pond that will impact the Gonzaga program is Denmark native Jacob Larsen. Now, Gonzaga fans will need to be patient with Larsen, as he has barely played the last two seasons because of knee issues, but there’s a lot of talent and ability here. Larsen, who stands 6-foot-10, has added 20 pounds to his frame since arriving on campus. Like most European post players, Larsen’s value lies in his skill. He has quality hands, nice touch and good feel as a passer. As long as Larsen can prove to stay healthy, he should be a key player in Gonzaga’s rotation with potential to have a much bigger impact over the course of his career.

    https://247sports.com/Article/The-be...-109391939/Amp

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    There is a contingent of folks out there that think being white and short precludes one from being an elite athlete, no matter how silly that may sound, it exists. I think what Zagster was insinuating is simply that Jessie is an elite athlete.
    Exactly....a lot of people should stop being so oversensitive to the race issue. His comment was not racist, only factual. If you can't handle the truth...go to another thread!

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    It is *very* up in the air whether either guy will be back next season.

    Tillie's skillset is not far off of Collins and if he is healthy this season, there is a very good chance he goes into the draft.

    Rui is still super raw but there is little doubt he has NBA upside. If his season goes well it's entirely possible he enters too. NBA teams will be willing to take a flyer on his upside and getting him into their development system, especially given his heritage. (having the first NBA Japanese player can *seriously* help an NBA teams brand over there)

    Agree with your sentiment though. If everyone returns, the best players will get minutes and the team wont be necessarily built around a true center. The coaches will adjust the offense according to the personnel.
    Wow, I totally disagree with the "them leaving part next year".....unless one of them completely blows up I just don't see it. Both super talented but far from ready for the draft.....Look at the advice Williams got. He had a tremendous year and was told to stay in school. I think both of these are huge long shots!

  22. #197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23zagmd View Post
    Wow, I totally disagree with the "them leaving part next year".....unless one of them completely blows up I just don't see it. Both super talented but far from ready for the draft.....Look at the advice Williams got. He had a tremendous year and was told to stay in school. I think both of these are huge long shots!
    It going to come down to things like PER, BPM, ORtg & DRtg, Synergy stats, and other advanced metrics. Rui, especially. The way it is, now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #198
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    2,989

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    It going to come down to things like PER, BPM, ORtg & DRtg, Synergy stats, and other advanced metrics. Rui, especially. The way it is, now.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rui would be another great piece for up and coming Bucks. Good article here:
    http://http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseBucks/how-giannis-antetokounmpo-bucks-plan-take-warriors
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,245

    Default

    It seems like Oregon is in the mix for every recruit we are targeting.

    Will this impact Oregons recruiting?

    How Oregon's Title IX Investigation Against Kavell Bigby-Williams Stalled
    https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...low_twitter_si

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Tacoma, WA
    Posts
    1,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    It seems like Oregon is in the mix for every recruit we are targeting.

    Will this impact Oregons recruiting?

    How Oregon's Title IX Investigation Against Kavell Bigby-Williams Stalled
    https://www.si.com/college-basketbal...low_twitter_si

    I can't imagine any scenario where Gonzaga would pursue a player that has a pending Rape accusation against them. The fact that Oregon recruited Bigby-Williams (with a rape allegation known to them) on the heels of letting three of their players remain eligible after a rape allegation at Oregon is just mind blowing. How does their fan base justify this? Is winning really more important than integrity? I'm all in favor of due process and "innocent until proven guilty" but according to the SI article, Oregon ignored the protocol and embraced Bigby-Williams despite having full access to the investigation.

    Proud to be a Zag fan!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •