Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer player news, tidbits, misc

Default Summer player news, tidbits, misc

Jesse L. Wade‏
    @jessewade10

Just realized that I started my first class today at @GonzagaU...its official!! #ZagUp

Very proud father giving a shout out

Eric‏
    @ejwade7

Eric Retweeted Jesse L. Wade
    Woohoo! Officially a ZAG! #ZagFamily #GoZags

Zachs dad Mike giving Jesse and the Zags some props

Mike Collins‏
    @TandZsdad

Replying to @jessewade10 @GonzagaGuru @GonzagaU
    Enjoy Jesse. It's a special place. I know your dad is proud.

Fours years in the making, the Jesse Wade era at Gonzaga is finally here. I'm hearing that he returned from his mission in good shape but has been killing his workouts with a member of the US Rugby team that trained him before his mission and he is already well ahead of schedule as far as getting his body back in shape and is looking great already AND shooting better now than he ever has. He's going to be a special player for the Zags. Don't let his color and size (only 6'2") fool you. He's legit.

One other thing, I was at his speech he gave in his church when he returned home from his mission...he was an incredible kid when he left for France two years ago, and I couldn't believe how charismatic, sincere, and genuine he was when I heard him speak. Like Coach Few said in his post-game comments after the South Dakota game in the tourney, his leadership ability and integrity are off the charts. He will most definitely be a tremendous representative of the university everywhere he goes. Excited to see him play!

Great to hear you are now a real zag. Hope you have a great summer

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagster View Post
    Fours years in the making, the Jesse Wade era at Gonzaga is finally here. I'm hearing that he returned from his mission in good shape but has been killing his workouts with a member of the US Rugby team that trained him before his mission and he is already well ahead of schedule as far as getting his body back in shape and is looking great already AND shooting better now than he ever has. He's going to be a special player for the Zags. Don't let his color and size (only 6'2") fool you. He's legit.
    His color???? are you kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Yeah, what color is he? Hope it's something close to Zag blue.

This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

I'll bet him and Killian will speak on occasion in French.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    You can count on this, I was desperate to speak portuguese when I got back from an LDS mission. It's hard to switch that part of your brain off after 2 years of immersion.

Jesse was a zag a long time before he chose GU. The kid's character is just off the charts.

As for the eventual "two years off" convo that I'm sure will come up, personally I'm no where close to a college level athlete, never was, but I wasn't a schlub either. For seven years I shot around on a hoop at my job. Just screwing around really. Then two years ago I took another job and lost my hoop. I kept up the gym and running workouts, but didn't touch a ball again. A few weeks ago I was somewhere with a hoop and started messing around. Footwork, extension, instinct, shooting, ball handling... it was like I hadn't missed a beat. I'd say the time off issue while on a mission, especially for the level of these young athletes are at, can really be overblown.

Default wonderful young man

Ever since I first read his name on this forum, I have been following Jesse. Since that time, it has been clear that Jesse is an amazing individual that is also a great teammate. After following the blog his family setup, for the last two years, I am so excited to finally get the chance to watch Jesse play for the Zags. We truly are lucky to have Jesse on the team.

I am very excited for this next season. The team will be ready to play and will open the eyes of many people around them.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Don't forget Joel.

Color and size? Is he an oompa loompa?

There is a contingent of folks out there that think being white and short precludes one from being an elite athlete, no matter how silly that may sound, it exists. I think what Zagster was insinuating is simply that Jessie is an elite athlete.

I knew the second I read that comment from the poster that it would get overplayed on here..haha! In any case, I am so glad that Jesse is in class and can't wait to see him play this year for the Zags. On another point, he will have Tillie and Ayayi both he can talk French with...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I knew the second I read that comment from the poster that it would get overplayed on here..haha! In any case, I am so glad that Jesse is in class and can't wait to see him play this year for the Zags. On another point, he will have Tillie and Ayayi both he can talk French with...
    Beat ya to it.

Mormon mission is just a cover story. Truth is he's been hustling street ballers in South Central and at Venice Beach with Wesley Snipes the last two years. He'll be ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Mormon mission is just a cover story. Truth is he's been hustling street ballers in South Central and at Venice Beach with Wesley Snipes the last two years. He'll be ready to go.
    But can he dunk yet?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    An oldie but suddenly relevant again.

Uncle Drew ......is that you?

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Uncle Drew ......is that you?
    One of my favorites.....

I'm excited about our multi-hued French-speaking contingent.

Welcome Jesse!
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    You can count on this, I was desperate to speak portuguese when I got back from an LDS mission. It's hard to switch that part of your brain off after 2 years of immersion.
    Obrigado! (?)

ejwade7
    The list of things that are better than watching your two sons get shots up at the Kennel at Gonzaga University is a very short list. I love these two, wow. @jessewade10 @joshwade10

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUr1j6rD...YtoMB5a5N9UA0/

The ball retriever is very cool.

Are we getting in early with Josh???

I'm going to say yes--- his proximity to the program will be a great inside track-- plus the Wades are all in.