Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Johnathon Williams III Spending His Birthday Working Out for the Raptors

Default Johnathon Williams III Spending His Birthday Working Out for the Raptors

http://www.espn.com/nba/team/_/name/...ffiliate_IFTTT

Raptors have one pick in the draft at #23 overall so don't expect it to keep him from returning to Gonzaga, hopefully he is getting some great feedback there.

Edit: I meant I don't expect him to get drafted in the first round, leaving bad phrasing so the rest of this thread makes sense
    Last edited by Zags_Fanatic; 05-22-2017 at 01:13 PM.

Why not? 23 is about as high as JW3 can get next year as well. It's guaranteed money. He's not a lotto candidate. Not good news. He may be gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Why not? 23 is about as high as JW3 can get next year as well. It's guaranteed money. He's not a lotto candidate. Not good news. He may be gone.

Orrr... he could be back still. Don't see him getting taken first round.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Really think he's a possible first rounder? I don't think he gets drafted at all this yr. Just getting feedback imo. Working out w/ a group of 6 players there.

Agree. He's not a first rounder. The OP implied 23 was not high enough for him. That's what I responded to. If he were picked 23 he'd be gone, imo.

Agree. He's not a first rounder. The OP implied 23 was not high enough for him. That's what I responded to. If he were picked 23 he'd be gone, imo.
    I meant that there are players above him that I would expect Toronto to take at 23. If he sniffs a guarantee of a first round pick it would probably be in his best interest to go, but I don't see him anywhere near draft boards this year. Going back and reading it I can see why you would have interpreted it that way, bad wording on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    I meant that there are players above him that I would expect Toronto to take at 23. If he sniffs a guarantee of a first round pick it would probably be in his best interest to go, but I don't see him anywhere near draft boards this year. Going back and reading it I can see why you would have interpreted it that way, bad wording on my part.
    Not a prob. I stand corrected and relieved.

Lots of guys will be staying in the draft who do not have 1st round guarantees, NWG being one of them. Some guys, especially after spending four years in college, are just ready to start a pro career either in the NBA or overseas. I know there has been a ton of speculation that Jwill is coming back but would not be shocked if he chose that route.

He hasnt said he will be back yet?

Let's be real here: very good college player who will be a great college player WHEN he returns next year. He is undersized for his position (PF) and doesnt shoot nearly well enough for the position either. A very good college player who will make a good career in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    He hasnt said he will be back yet?

Let's be real here: very good college player who will be a great college player WHEN he returns next year. He is undersized for his position (PF) and doesnt shoot nearly well enough for the position either. A very good college player who will make a good career in Europe.
    Yes exactly. Just saying it might be logical for a player like that to decide to make some money this year as a pro in Europe instead of playing college hoops. I think he's going to be a great pro for 10+ years.

Quote Originally Posted by btzag View Post
    Lots of guys will be staying in the draft who do not have 1st round guarantees, NWG being one of them. Some guys, especially after spending four years in college, are just ready to start a pro career either in the NBA or overseas. I know there has been a ton of speculation that Jwill is coming back but would not be shocked if he chose that route.
    Me either....

You guys have GOT to stop this!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRe9WS2Ag_c

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    You guys have GOT to stop this!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRe9WS2Ag_c
    That's the way its lining up Doc. How much higher can his stock get?

Well it will all be moot tomorrow, as May 24th is the withdrawal deadline.

Yes there were lots of guys withdrawing from draft yesterday and already a few this morning. Coming down to the wire for sure.

Yes there were lots of guys withdrawing from draft yesterday and already a few this morning. Coming down to the wire for sure.
    Angel Delgado of SHU dropped out, the BE's top rebounder. Would think he's a higher pick than JW3.

Angel Delgado of SHU dropped out, the BE's top rebounder. Would think he's a higher pick than JW3.
    I dont think there was really ever any risk of JW3 staying in this draft. He was just using his allowed time to learn about the draft process. A lot of guys do it. He has never been projected as a draft pick in this class by any of the major mock drafts.

If he can play like he did against Xavier during the tourney all season next year? Perhaps he will find his way into the first round of the 2018 draft.

Zag Nation Retweeted
    Denver Stiffs‏Verified account @denverstiffs 15m15 minutes ago
    More
    Gonzaga's Johnathan Williams worked out for the Nuggets this morning. Says he's still deciding if he'll return to college or stay in draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Zag Nation Retweeted
    More
    Gonzaga's Johnathan Williams worked out for the Nuggets this morning. Says he's still deciding if he'll return to college or stay in draft.
    Uh-oh

Zag Nation Retweeted
    More
    Like I said earlier in this thread... I don't know why this is a shock? It's one day before the deadline and he's still working out for teams and he's spent four years in college so leaving has to be on his mind. The only assurances we've had are from anonymous posters on this board...

Zag Nation Retweeted
    More
    He has to say that to get workouts and have teams take him seriously. Right?!?!?!?!? Please tell me I'm right.

Like I said earlier in this thread... I don't know why this is a shock? It's one day before the deadline and he's still working out for teams and he's spent four years in college so leaving has to be on his mind. The only assurances we've had are from anonymous posters on this board...
    There was the posted tweet from Silas that he and J3 were going all the way, or something to that effect.
    It's not funny.

I would be absolutely shocked in JWIII stayed in the draft. With that said, there must be a chance he will if he's still working out for teams today. Considering he hasn't hired an agent yet, the fact he wasn't invited to the combine, and is highly unlikely to be drafted....I think he returns to GU still.

Good news is that we will know very soon one way or the other. Tomorrow is the deadline to remove his name from the draft.