Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Concerned

Default Concerned

Is this normal that Zags haven't had any major recruits or transfers? Is it still early ? I think with what we have we are fine but I look daily and recruits and transfers are picking other schools. Ouch! Any inputs?

well we do have 3 major recruits coming in...Transfers are still up in the air for some guys. I think we are just fine.

It is all about defense.

I think they have enough length to be respectable.
    I miss Mike Hart

If it's August and we still have nothing, I'll be concerned.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    If it's August and we still have nothing, I'll be concerned.
    July 1st is the day for me, should hear some rumblings at the very least by then. My general rule though is to never, ever doubt this staff and especially coming off a national champ runner up season I'm not starting now!

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJack View Post
    Any inputs?
    A big body for post depth would be nice. The perimeter is loaded, and the young guys are good enough to play right out of the chute. Relax. Euros usually decide to come over the summer, and I'd bet there's another Euro big we don't know about in the works, based on past experience.

I agree with Maynard. I would feel better with one more big. I like having Tillie, JWIII(I hope), and Larsen with Rui able to fill in. But it does leave us very THIN. Go get them Lloyd.

Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post
    I agree with Maynard. I would feel better with one more big. I like having Tillie, JWIII(I hope), and Larsen with Rui able to fill in. But it does leave us very THIN. Go get them Lloyd.
    When you look at the Eurobasket prospect rankings, I'm not sure how many good bigs remain not on professional contracts.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Top-Prospe...all.asp?Year=3 - 1999
    http://www.eurobasket.com/Top-Prospe...all.asp?Year=2 - 2000

Quote Originally Posted by zag67 View Post
    I am quite confident there will be another 4/5 guy on the team this coming season.

3 awesome recruits plus Norvell and Larsen. Those 5 together are a stunning group and could go down as one of the best in GU history. Remember that up until April there were no scholarships available so not a lot happening on the late recruiting front.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    3 awesome recruits plus Norvell and Larsen. Those 5 together are a stunning group and could go down as one of the best in GU history. Remember that up until April there were no scholarships available so not a lot happening on the late recruiting front.
    I agree with you ZF. I'm one of those that would include Larsen & Norvell as new guys along with the 3 kid's coming in. Young; yes. Talented; very. And we know there are probably more to join in.
    "If we saved the world, there would be a comment that we should have done it faster."

Jordan Mathews, upon GU ascending to #1

Few only plays 8 so less is more. He would have to be an eye popping fifth yearer or DS level Euro to crack the group we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Yup, a starting five of Larsen, Kispert, Norvell, Wade and Ayayi would finish top 4 in the WCC.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Yup, a starting five of Larsen, Kispert, Norvell, Wade and Ayayi would finish top 4 in the WCC.
    You mean if GU was still in it? If not, those guys would be 2nd or 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    You mean if GU was still in it? If not, those guys would be 2nd or 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ha! true. So many posters don't realize just how skilled and talent the "next up" guys are. They're going to be pleasantly surprised.

not concerned...

Ha! true. So many posters don't realize just how skilled and talent the "next up" guys are. They're going to be pleasantly surprised.
    I am very excited to watch Rui play in this tournament, 42 days and 20 hours or so away for us to see him action. He is going to be a beast for us.

http://www.fiba.com/world/u19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by ZagMan in Philly View Post
    I am very excited to watch Rui play in this tournament, 42 days and 20 hours or so away for us to see him action. He is going to be a beast for us.

http://www.fiba.com/world/u19/2017
    yes sir!

Not this year...there are only two teams with a legitimate shot now that Mika has signed with an agent: GU and SMC. None of the other 7 teams have the horses to contend this year, too big a hill for them to climb.

SMC has had no injury problems the past two years. The odds say that won't continue, though I don't wish them harm. If they stay healthy, it will be a dogfight between the Gaels and the Zags.

"If we saved the world, there would be a comment that we should have done it faster."

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I agree with you ZF. I'm one of those that would include Larsen & Norvell as new guys along with the 3 kid's coming in. Young; yes. Talented; very. And we know there are probably more to join in.
    I consider Rui as part of that group as well. For all practical purposes he was essentially a RS last year, so it's more like 6 new guys that can all play.

I got a hunch Kam Rooks will be in the fold in the next few weeks.

Assuming they finally give a scholarship to J. Jones, that leaves two available scholarships for 17-18, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    I consider Rui as part of that group as well. For all practical purposes he was essentially a RS last year, so it's more like 6 new guys that can all play.
    Never thought of that maynard, but I would agree with your opinion.

Josh is putting in some work in the off season.

Nick Graham‏ @DreamLiveBall 7h7 hours ago
    .@JoshPerk13 is shooting the S$?t out of it. Can't wait to see what he does next year.