Thread: Mika Remains in Draft--- Hires an Agent

Default Mika Remains in Draft--- Hires an Agent

Huge loss for BYU.. go from top 25 potentially preseason to clearly the third best team in the conference.. if that.

Surprised, but i guess his age was a big factor.

Certainly not for the money.

He'll find a spot in the NBA. Too much talent to ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I thought I'd heard that he had a family he wanted to support? He's got the skills to make good money overseas.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Surprised at this one. Was not looking forward to facing him 3 times next year. Whoever goes over to cougarboard bring back a report of the meltdown over there.

Good riddance.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

Good luck Mika, you were a lot of fun to watch....I hope you make it in the NBA .....but if not..... some place where you can make a ton of money to support your family...

This age concern in the NBA appears to be problem for the kids that go on a mission...hard for me to imagine that 22 - 24 is " old".

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Good riddance.
    Not to wish him ill will at all, but I'm glad he's gone. Rubbed me the wrong way. Great shot somewhere of one of his infamous flops bouncing off Karno. He was very good at that. Hollywood beckons!

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Surprised at this one. Was not looking forward to facing him 3 times next year. Whoever goes over to cougarboard bring back a report of the meltdown over there.
    Not bad. They've seen it coming for awhile.

I would say this board was worse with the Zach Collins announcement.
    This space for rent.

Worse than BYU !!!....my god....where is the humanity.....?

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Not bad. They've seen it coming for awhile.

I would say this board was worse with the Zach Collins announcement.
    I just read over their board on the Mika topic. Have to agree, they took it better than we did. And Zach didn't leave us hanging for weeks, he gave his notice promptly and respectfully.
    A few of our posters gave all the reasons he should have stayed, arguing it would have been in his self interest to stay. This is totally acceptable BEFORE the decision is made.
    Once it is made and announced, the respectful road to take is continued support and gratitude for what he gave us.

He'll be playing overseas. Don't see him landing an NBA job. Size definitely not there... skills aren't quite there either. Close though. Plus the age is going to scare just about every NBA team off. He's a great player... but he'll be making his money in Euros.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    I thought I'd heard that he had a family he wanted to support? He's got the skills to make good money overseas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    "Blake Stepp had a reputation for saying little. That's probably because he had to clench his teeth and wince so much, playing through the pain."
    -Tales From the Gonzaga Hardwood

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    I just read over their board on the Mika topic. Have to agree, they took it better than we did. And Zach didn't leave us hanging for weeks, he gave his notice promptly and respectfully.
    A few of our posters gave all the reasons he should have stayed, arguing it would have been in his self interest to stay. This is totally acceptable BEFORE the decision is made.
    Once it is made and announced, the respectful road to take is continued support and gratitude for what he gave us.
    Zach was a freshman and Zag fans are accustomed to guys staying at GU because of the player development and family atmosphere. Because so many fans, especially alums and Spokanites on this board, take pride in what GU has to offer, it hurts a little to see two great players leave for the NBA Draft after only one year. We are used to the continuity of players sticking around GU, so when they leave soooo early we can feel all kinds of negative emotions. There's also a worry that we won't have a great team next year. I've been miserable when I had to accept the fact of graduation. I still miss Casey Calvary, Corey Violette, Matt Santangelo and Richie Frahm and almost every player who got a diploma and had the gall to get on with their lives. Losing Pangos and Bell killed me. Saying goodbye to Collins and NWG is excruciating, because they exceeded our expectations and we don't get to hold on the sense of attachment that was barely begun. We're not like jaded Kentucky fans who expect a parade of burger boys to show up in Rupp Arena e v e r y s i n g l e y e a r. We don't even want to be those 'Cat fans. We want to keep our cozy feelings.

But you're right ZagsGoZags. We need to keep a stiff upper lip and do the right thing, congratulate and support our players who are moving on to professional careers. Lord knows most of us are old enough to behave like adults.

(I still wish Rem would at least stick around as a concessions guy or cheerleader or something.)
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few