Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another Zach on the rise

Default Another Zach on the rise

Zach Norvell.

I predict he'll be the biggest and most pleasant surprise for the Zags next season, with Jesse Wade a close second. Normally I'd include Kispert, but until I see that his foot is 100% I'll hold off.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

So Bob, do you predict Zach will start?

I'll put the over/under at 5 games before I'm pissed he redshirted last year and think we could have won the championship with him active haha.
    Last edited by CarolinaZagFan; 05-02-2017 at 07:19 PM.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
    I'll put the over/under at 5 games before I'm pissed he reshirted last year and think we could have won the championship with him active haha.
    He's as special a player as ZC. And I think that if he plays we would have won the whole thing. We may not even have lost a game. He's that good now. He may very well be a lottery pick after this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've said before, I believe he'll be our leading scorer or second leading scorer next season.

I think ZN will be the most dynamic player to wear a GU uni since Ammo....not discounting NWG who's play this last season was almost other worldly...Norville is an athletic scoring machine, a shooter and a facilitator all rolled into one...if his knee is healthy he can carry a TEAM on the offensive end if need be...fortunately he will have lot's of help...I'm very high on both ZN and JW...BZ you called it right but I think Kispert is gonna rock too...

not worried at all about next season....Zags are gonna be explosive on offense and the D should be tenacious as in TENACIOUS D

Go!! Zags!!!

Great news! Get us a Collins and we'll be back in the FF. Not to be facetious but I knew this new Zack is good but not this good. Superior players are what we need to get back..and win. We should have won this past time.

Not to hijack, but I think Rui will shine just as bright.
    Our young guns will lead us back to the limelight again.

I really like Norvell's game, but the footage I've seen does not make me think he's on Collins level as a freshman. He's going to be a great player, but I question those who say he's an elite athlete. Nice size, great feel for the game, natural scorer, fairly average athletically. From what I've seen, he's a very crafty player who has a bag full of tricks to make up for his lack of burst and explosiveness. Don't get me wrong, I think he will be a big contributor next year and an All-WCC guy before his time is up, but he looks to me more like a four year guy than a one and done.
    Last edited by Worthington; 05-03-2017 at 10:47 AM.

Bouncy 6 ft 9 or 6 10 kids will do the trick this year. The team changes every year. I haven't seen enough of Larsen to know if he's superior.
    If he and our young Zack are superior, we may be fine. I'd like to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Great news! Get us a Collins and we'll be back in the FF. Not to be facetious but I knew this new Zack is good but not this good. Superior players are what we need to get back..and win. We should have won this past time.
    If his knee is healthy I think you're in for a nice surprise Doc....although beauty is in the eye of the beholder....I like his game...shooter and a scorer...

Go!! Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    If his knee is healthy I think you're in for a nice surprise Doc....although beauty is in the eye of the beholder....I like his game...shooter and a scorer...

Go!! Zags!!!
    As of right now, Norvell's knee is not yet a "100%", yet all sound optimistic he'll be fine & ready to go by next October.

Kispert is still in rehab. Stress fractures rarely heal 'on their own' in high lvl athletes with off the chart work ethic. He had surgery and progressing well.

Now the hope is the screw holds up and doesn't bother him.

He'll be cleared very soon to play again.

Stress fx's, esp in metatarsals, are a gamble, much like meniscus shavings.

Both are the type of injuries that can be on going or nagging, unlike ACL repairs or even complete fx's...much more invasive but more definitive solutions.

Crossing my fingers and hoping for a speedy recovert for both kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    I really like Norvell's game, but the footage I've seen does not make me think he's on Collins level as a freshman. He's going to be a great player, but I question those who say he's an elite athlete. Nice size, great feel for the game, natural scorer, fairly average athletically. From what I've seen, he's a very crafty player who has a bag full of tricks to make up for his last of burst and explosiveness. Don't get me wrong, I think he will be a big contributor next year and an All-WCC guy before his time is up, but he looks to me more like a four year guy than a one and done.

I LOVE Norvell's game. Outstanding shooter, excellent ball-handler, and and I've read on here that his floater rivaled NWG's this past seasons even. Even in the exhibition game (albeit against lesser competition) Norvell looked a step above. Drained a couple threes, had a nifty behind the back move to the basket, and was a great passer. He's a the real deal, and it'll be fun watching him evolve over the years. Not sure about one and done status, because as Worthington mentioned here, he's not a freak athlete, but an excellent multi-year D1 guard. Just have to hope his knee is 100% by the beginning of the season

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    Zach Norvell.

I predict he'll be the biggest and most pleasant surprise for the Zags next season off.
    Let's hope he gets to play more than 16 minutes a game.....sorry too juicy to pass up.

I've always liked Norvell. No reason to change my mind. Great guards coming out of Chicago can play. Period. Norvell has a lot more offense than Pargo did when he came to GU. Norvell has so many moves, and is a good outside shooter. Pargo really had to work on his outside shot. Pargo was extremely athletic, could jump out of the gym. Norvell is not like that. He needs his quickness and a veriety of moves off the dribble to free himself to score. He has MANY ways to do this. He is very creative. And I LOVE left handed shooting guards. Reminds me of my older brother Pat. I love lefties and I don't think Gonzaga has had one. We'll see what Mark Few thinks of him and how much freedom he will give him. that's the key. He is a scoring guard for sure, and with the absence of NWG we will need one. Norvell shows in his videos that at least in HS he was able to create his own shots like NWG could.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Let's hope he gets to play more than 16 minutes a game.....sorry too juicy to pass up.
    Lets hope he doesnt have tendency to get into quick foul trouble as that will limit his minutes
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Lets hope he doesnt have tendency to get into quick foul trouble as that will limit his minutes
    Let's hope he quickly becomes the best player on the team.

Do you think he'll be playing behind the National Player of the Year at his position? Your consistent harping on Karno (Karen Abdul Jabbar Award winner) starting on the Final 2 team is well beyond tiresome (in my opinion).

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

NCAA TOURNAMENT wins since 2015
    Gonzaga 20, Nova 17, UNC 16, Duke 15, Kentucky 13, Michigan 13, Virginia 11, Baylor 9
    -----
    FINAL FOUR wins since 2017
    UNC 2, Nova 2, Virginia 2, Baylor 2, Gonzaga 2, Michigan 1, TexasTech 1, Kentucky 0, Duke 0, Kansas 0

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Do you think he'll be playing behind the National Player of the Year at his position? Your consistent harping on Karno (Karen Abdul Jabbar Award winner) starting on the Final 2 team is well beyond tiresome (in my opinion).
    Unlike you, I never saw it as a binary choice. The tandem of Z and K could be superlative as we saw in the tourney.

Let's hope he quickly becomes the best player on the team.
    to be the best you have to engage in alot of different qualities......offensive productivity within the framework of the team, defensive engagement, limiting foul trouble, understanding and embracing role responsibility

everything I have seen and heard is the possibility exists within ZN

time will tell
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Zack had 16 3's in one game. Not many guards have done that at ANY level. He will be a scoring machine for GU. Let's hope he get's a lot of help.

I've seen "Zack" enough to wonder if it is "Zack" instead of "Zach". gozags.com's GU roster shows "Zach". The guys likely have a nickname for him ...... although I don't know what it is. The resoter says he's a "jr" so maybe "Junior" ????

Now that we know some more things, I doubt Collins was going to stick around is he played 40 min per game. He got his one and done on his talent.not his limited contributions due to his fouling which limited his minutes. He did fine though. I'd love to have both back ( him and Nigel). With them, we're a FF team and without them, unlikely. It's a bitter pill to swallow. Wish em well and let's move on.
    Either way though, Collins was a goner. Big or little minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    I've seen "Zack" enough to wonder if it is "Zack" instead of "Zach". gozags.com's GU roster shows "Zach". The guys likely have a nickname for him ...... although I don't know what it is. The resoter says he's a "jr" so maybe "Junior" ????
    Nickname is "Snacks."
    But we don't play nobody.

If he is as good as Pargo, I will be very pleased....