• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angelo Roncalli
    Bleeds Bulldog Blue
    • Feb 2007

Almost Cut My Hair...

You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Almost cut my hair
    Happened just the other day
    It's gettin' kind of long
    I could've said it was in my way
    But I didn't and I wonder why
    I feel like letting my Gonzaga hair fly
    And I feel like I owe it, yeah ... to someone, yeah
    Well, must be because I had the final four this spring
    Oh, yeah and I'm feeling up to par
    Oh, I tell you baby this increases their paranoia
    Like when I sink a 3 pointer and they see a police car
    Well, well, I'm not, I'm not giving in an inch to fear
    Well, you know I've promised myself this year
    Well, I feel oh, like I owe it, I owe, I owe it to someone
    Oh ... like I owe it to someone

Oh, yes I have got it together
    Yeah, you can find me in that sunny Spokane weather, yeah
    I'm goin' to find a space inside an basketball analyst’s laugh, yes
    Separate the wheat from some chaff
    Oh, and I feel ...
    Like I owe it, yeah ... to someone

Comment

• CDC84
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

My take on that CSNY classic led me to another thought........I completely forgot to post the tournament selection show theme song this season. Anyway, here it is. I'll make certain it gets posted on time next year:

Coaches gathered in their masses
      Coaching teams that want free passes
      Crazy minds fearing bubble destruction
      From the sorcerers of bracket construction

On the court the bids are burning
      As the bracketology keeps on turning
      Firings threaten the coaching kind
      Poisoning their brainwashed minds
      Oh Lord Yeah!

Schedulers lock themselves away
      They only started the bubble wars
      Why should they go off to be fired
      They leave that to the coaching poor

Time will tell their power minds
      Making cupcake schedules just for fun
      Treating their players just like pawns in chess
      Wait until Selection Sunday comes, yeah!

Now in the darkness, the bracket world stops turning
      As the tourney bids keep burning
      No more BCS phonies of the power
      Hand of committee has struck the hour
      Day of judgment, AD is calling
      On their knees the coaches keep crawling
      Begging mercy for their team's sins
      Committee chairman, laughing, spreads his wings
      All right now!

Comment

• ProVeeZag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
        Almost cut my hair
        Happened just the other day
        It's gettin' kind of long
        I could've said it was in my way
        But I didn't and I wonder why
        I feel like letting my Gonzaga hair fly
        And I feel like I owe it, yeah ... to someone, yeah
        Well, must be because I had the final four this spring
        Oh, yeah and I'm feeling up to par
        Oh, I tell you baby this increases their paranoia
        Like when I sink a 3 pointer and they see a police car
        Well, well, I'm not, I'm not giving in an inch to fear
        Well, you know I've promised myself this year
        Well, I feel oh, like I owe it, I owe, I owe it to someone
        Oh ... like I owe it to someone

Oh, yes I have got it together
        Yeah, you can find me in that sunny Spokane weather, yeah
        I'm goin' to find a space inside an basketball analyst’s laugh, yes
        Separate the wheat from some chaff
        Oh, and I feel ...
        Like I owe it, yeah ... to someone
        Nice job CDC! Here's a coincidence: "Almost Cut My Hair" is in my Final Four greatest songs of all time. I'm old too!
        "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
        —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• CDC84
          Super Moderator
          • Feb 2007

ProVeeZag = in case you don't know, there is an extended version of "Almost Cut My Hair" on the CSN box set from 1991 that is absolutely incredible:

From the album CSN Box, 1991.Recorded at Wally Heider's Studio C, San Francisco, January 8, 1970.Engineer: Bill Halverson.Produced by Crosby, Stills, Nash & ...

Lots of fiery guitar work. Supposedly when Crosby was in prison he used to regularly play this song with his prison band, and it used to drive the warden nuts.

I realize this is getting way off subject, but if anyone here is a CSNY fan, in 2014 they put out a box set based around their 1974 concert tour of giant football stadiums. It's called "CSNY 1974":

The set includes 3 CD's and 1 DVD with some footage that was shot in Largo, MD. In addition to being one of the best sounding live concert recordings I have ever heard, the package includes a number of rarely performed tracks - some of them solo, some of them group compositions. Some of the songs were never recorded in the studio - they were just performed live. One such song is called "Pushed It Over The End" which was penned by Neil Young. It was written around 1974, but never recorded for an album. Dumb move. In my opinion it's the greatest song that any member of the group wrote, either solo or within the band, in their entire recording careers. Most wouldn't agree, but I think it's Neil's finest piece as a songwriter. The song is worth the price of the "CSNY 1974" alone.

Comment

• sittingon50
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Here's video of Rem getting a haircut Tuesday. Some pretty serious hair:

Goin' for the Roger Federer look?

On a side note to tie in to a # of posts above:

1. I'm also old
            2. I also had a ponytail
            3. Loved CSNY
            4. Thought "Almost cut my hair" was kinda' lame.
            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• johno
              Kennel Club
              • Feb 2008

ProVeeZag = in case you don't know, there is an extended version of "Almost Cut My Hair" on the CSN box set from 1991 that is absolutely incredible:

From the album CSN Box, 1991.Recorded at Wally Heider's Studio C, San Francisco, January 8, 1970.Engineer: Bill Halverson.Produced by Crosby, Stills, Nash & ...

Lots of fiery guitar work. Supposedly when Crosby was in prison he used to regularly play this song with his prison band, and it used to drive the warden nuts.

I realize this is getting way off subject, but if anyone here is a CSNY fan, in 2014 they put out a box set based around their 1974 concert tour of giant football stadiums. It's called "CSNY 1974":

The set includes 3 CD's and 1 DVD with some footage that was shot in Largo, MD. In addition to being one of the best sounding live concert recordings I have ever heard, the package includes a number of rarely performed tracks - some of them solo, some of them group compositions. Some of the songs were never recorded in the studio - they were just performed live. One such song is called "Pushed It Over The End" which was penned by Neil Young. It was written around 1974, but never recorded for an album. Dumb move. In my opinion it's the greatest song that any member of the group wrote, either solo or within the band, in their entire recording careers. Most wouldn't agree, but I think it's Neil's finest piece as a songwriter. The song is worth the price of the "CSNY 1974" alone.
              Here's the song on you tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVen4f28ba0

In my mind nothing beat's Neil's, Like a Hurricane. In later years Peace and Love recorded with Eddie Vedder blows my mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QTO-W0AJJE

Comment

• Birddog
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

This is my favorite haircut song, maybe Rem listened to it.
                Like, Comment and Subscribe for more fun videos! Thank you for supporting the channel :) *FAN MADE*Well this is my first outing. I made this music video for ...
                Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                All mimsy were the borogoves,
                And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

With or without a haircut, Rem will be getting a real job

I don't know how many songs Thorogood has sung about booze, but it's probably enough for a singer's liver to be on crutches even if he's sober.

Comment

• ProVeeZag
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2011

Thx CDC, took a few days' hiatus since my last post here. Thx for YouTube link ... 8:52 of pure perfection! Shifting gears now to listen to James Gang' "Walk Away". Here's a link to that one:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_4iQDYDVNo Check out the awesome drum riff at 1:10 and elsewhere!
                    —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• ProVeeZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2011

Originally posted by johno View Post
                      Here's the song on you tube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVen4f28ba0

In my mind nothing beat's Neil's, Like a Hurricane. In later years Peace and Love recorded with Eddie Vedder blows my mind: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QTO-W0AJJE
                      Johno, had not ever heard Peace and Love until today; thanks for link. Followed that up with "Like a Hurricane" just now...incredible. Neil's cover of "All Along the Watchtower" (written by Bob Dylan) makes my Elite 8. Here's a good live version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DBewzgXgYk

Think we need our own Forum for this!
                      Last edited by ProVeeZag; 05-07-2017, 06:11 PM. Reason: Added Bob Dylan reference
                      —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Working...
                      X