X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TravelinZag
    Zag for Life
    • Dec 2012

THANKS! When I entered Gonzaga, it was easy to do so without being a college hoops fan, and no more difficult to leave. If you became a fan, it just had to be for a different team! LOL.
    Now I live across the country in a state without a D-1 program, pay outrageous fees so I don't miss a game (thou they did not broadcast the exhibition game), travel 3+ hours to an airport if i can wrangle tickets to a Zags away game once or twice a year, etc.

The Zags saga is thrilling, and awakens nostalgia. Mark Few, his assistants and an always changing, but seemingly never ending band of talented and (mostly) unselfish young men have become a major focus of my life, worth every moment of lost sleep following them on eastern time (so many nights of all revved up and nowhere to go a 2 a.m.), and every penny I've spent trying to see them live on occasion. You mean a lot to me also for what you have done for Gonzaga and Spokane. It is no longer rare (tho' still not common) to hear folks back here pronounce one or both names correctly!

This year showed me how quickly our aspirations change. Last fall, we all thought making the Final Four at last would be nirvana. As our fellow Jesuit University' squad left the floor, our maps showed a new location for nirvana! That will be a permanent change . . .until achieved! Astonishing that this program can simultaneously increase our love foe the past and hope for the future.

Keep going Zags! (somehow)

Comment

Working...
    X