Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Williams to Take a Look At the NBA-- No agent

Default Williams to Take a Look At the NBA-- No agent

Gonzaga Basketball‏Verified account @ZagMBB 2m2 minutes ago
    .@Iam_J3 will test NBA waters without signing with an agent #UnitedWeZag http://goza.gs/2oS9BNd

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    .@Iam_J3 will test NBA waters without signing with an agent #UnitedWeZag http://goza.gs/2oS9BNd
    My heart can't take this.

Just edited to add: I realize that it would be a mistake to not test the waters, but in the off chance he likes what he hears, my poor GU's reloading powers will be tested. I wish for the best for this young man, but my team is GU, not any in the NBA.

Next year's team won't be going anywhere without him.

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    My heart can't take this.

Just edited to add: I realize that it would be a mistake to not test the waters, but in the off chance he likes what he hears, my poor GU's reloading powers will be tested. I wish for the best for this young man, but my team is GU, not any in the NBA.
    My first inclination is to say not to worry. However, 60 additional roster spots for two-way contracts (NBA/Dev League) were opened as a result of the latest CBA. If he hears from just one team that he'd get an FA contract (at a minimum), it will be tempting. For example, Wiltjer's contract is guaranteed for two years at $250K per year. That would be hard to pass up IMO>

Quote Originally Posted by allbusiness_zag View Post

Perfect!

This is just a smart move.

One college basketball analyst says that if you are allowed to the test the waters and choose not to, you're scholarship should be revoked on the basis on stupidity. There is absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by testing. When JWIII comes back to GU (as I fully suspect he will), he will be armed with a huge amount of knowledge. Keep in mind...he's probably going to be the go to offensive threat next season. He will be given every chance to showcase his talents his senior season.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post

One college basketball analyst says that if you are allowed to the test the waters and choose not to, you're scholarship should be revoked on the basis on stupidity. There is absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain by testing. When JWIII comes back to GU (as I fully suspect he will), he will be armed with a huge amount of knowledge. Keep in mind...he's probably going to be the go to offensive threat next season. He will be given every chance to showcase his talents his senior season.
    It's still very scary, despite all the whistling through the graveyard

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post

Agree on the smart. Want what's best for JWil3. He's a talented you man. Sure hope he's back though!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    This is what I was hoping Nigel would do. This is a pretty smart move by J3.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    This is what I was hoping Nigel would do. This is a pretty smart move by J3.
    Nigel was gone from hello.

Oh my. That wouldn't be good.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

In my opinion, J3 was the unheralded hero of the best run in GU history.

He was the primary defender on Bluiett and Thornwell, both of whom we shut down when they were supposedly the player in the tournament most on fire.

He can switch 1 through 5, which NBA teams like.

He even made 2 extremely clutch free throws, before Tillian's equally clutch free throws, to seal the victory over South Carolina.

I just want to thank him for his dedication and positivity. We wouldn't have made our first Final Four without him.

He was named the most outstanding player in San Jose for a reason.

I remember being in University of Phoenix stadium wondering why he wasn't in the game more often in the 2nd half. And the answer can't simply be foul trouble. Everyone was in foul trouble.

Anyway, I think this is a smart move by a smart man. Find out what scouts want him to work on as a featured player of a top team. Zach moving to the pros is a huge opportunity for J3 to prove what I already know - he's absolutely a pro prospect.

If a team is already sold on this before he proves it over the course of the full season, I'll be a bit surprised and disappointed as a Gonzaga fan, but still proud and appreciative of what he gave to us last season, specifically in the last 30 days.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    It's time for Nigel to get paid. He has done everything (championship excluded) possible in the NCAA. Great student athlete.
    Let's go Brandon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Next year's team won't be going anywhere without him.
    I actually think Killian is better than him.

It sure did seem as though he was very timid offence...it just seems as though there was a string attached to him...much the same way I felt about Melson...

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I'm not sure I agree, but even if that were true, GU needs them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    He even made 2 extremely clutch free throws, before Tillian's equally clutch free throws, to seal the victory over South Carolina.
    This.

Given the moment, and given how many free throws we expected him to make (0), and given how many he DID make (2), I'd rank J3's free throws as the clutchest points in GU history.

Dumb not to test the waters. Get training and insight from the pros. come back smarter and better prepared for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    I'm not sure I agree, but even if that were true, GU needs them both.
    Yes, on that we agree. I just think Tillian has a more well rounded game and eventually will be a first round pick. JWIII might be as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    this.

yes, he took time to 'decide' as GU tugged at his heart strings, but as I've said since early November:

NWG planned to go pro this season, before the season even begun.

I had heard this from the very beginning...whether he averaged 6 ppg or 16 ppg, he was gone.

Tough to swallow, as he adored his time here and gave it his all, but it was decided early on.

Now for Zach, well, that was unexpected -- for all. But become a reality as the season progressed, along with his hype.

The question is, when will GU board members start declaring for the draft to test the waters?? Heck, we've gone some ballers on this site with some experience.......

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    this.

yes, he took time to 'decide' as GU tugged at his heart strings, but as I've said since early November:

NWG planned to go pro this season, before the season even begun.

I had heard this from the very beginning...whether he averaged 6 ppg or 16 ppg, he was gone.

Tough to swallow, as he adored his time here and gave it his all, but it was decided early on.

Now for Zach, well, that was unexpected -- for all. But become a reality as the season progressed, along with his hype.
    I still do wonder though if Zach said right away I'm coming back if NWG would've ultimately decided to come back as well. Because then you start getting into the discussion if GU is a final four team again....especially if they added a couple of guys. But with Zach going........the NWG decision probably became easier.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Has the potential.....spy..J3 is a beast...

Go!! Zags!!!