Page 2 of 84 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Recruits

The espn ooc schedule is grossly politicle. They rate duke as having a very strong pre conference schedule every year. Just look who they play. They play no one that can beat them and all at home. The only tough game they have is the big 10 acc challenge, and that's only because they have to play that. Eapn pushes the acc as the greatest ever, and as you seen in the tournament they were not very good. The acc champ was eliminated by a middle of the pack sec team, which the Zags eliminated by the way. I know nc won it all but the officials had an agenda. They had to pull the tar heels out against Arkansas Kentucky and the Zags all three. I don't understand this with them involved in the biggest academic fraud case in the history of college athletics. Southern Mississippi coach gave grades to 2 players and the ncaa suspended him from coaching for 10 years which will bring an end to his career,yet nc has been giving grades for classes they don't even attend, and have been doing it for 30 years and still haven't done a thing to them and even gave them this years championship. I personally wish every team not in the acc would leave the ncaa. That way the ncaa could have an acc champion every year.

Now that I have ranted bout acc ncaa love boat, about recruits. I would love to see the Zags recruit from Oak Hill. He is a 6'10'' 290 lb wide body. Coach has done some fine work with wide bodys in the past, and I saw where he visited Kentucky this week. He is not a one and done so he wouldn't fit in with them. This is just someone to look at.

Gonzaga Guru Final 4 Retweeted
    Corey Evans‏ @coreyevans_10 2h2 hours ago
    Gonzaga will complete an in-home visit on Wednesday with top-30 2018 @CalSupremeBball guard Brandon Williams, per source

He's the prized recruit of this class. Hoping Few is going after him like he did with Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    He's the prized recruit of this class. Hoping Few is going after him like he did with Perkins.
    B-Will and David G Buckets could be one-and-done's. A Williams/Singleton/Cherry class would just...well, don't want to get ahead of myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice video, Williams is definitely a shifty guard.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TotWSBj0ZyY
    America's Team!

Inside The Kennel‏ @InsideTheKennel 10h10 hours ago
    Big day for 2018 recruiting, as Gonzaga had in home visits with @DavidGBuckets and @TheeBWill tonight.

David Singleton III

Brandon Williams

Dinos Trigonis‏ @trigonis30 11h11 hours ago
    6-5 2018 David Singleton had a home visit with Mark Few and Donny Daniels of 2017 NCAA Runners-up Gonzaga tonite.

Brandon Williams would help the Zags deal with the loss of NWG. He has a very, very nice shot (beautiful arch). And he's cat-like quick. I think his quickness is his strength and the fact that he can finish.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Brandon Williams would help the Zags deal with the loss of NWG. He has a very, very nice shot (beautiful arch). And he's cat-like quick. I think his quickness is his strength and the fact that he can finish.
    he's 2018...so wouldn't really be a nwg replacement...more like a silas melson replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    This has me thinking .... It'd be neat to have BB recruits answer a questionnaire about why they chose the school they did - with climate/weather being a choice to rate. I imagine that some things rate very high and some rate very low in a 4* recruit and different levels of recruits may show different types of answers. It might be a neat survey for the NCAA to conduct. Maybe they already have????
    It might not be possible but like to see a survey about how much a 3/4/5 star recruit loved GU from Day #1 versus their last month on campus prior to playing in their final March Madness. What would ratings look like ? What would comments be? What would 3 star recruit from day one survey look like versus say McDonald All American 5 star recruit say?

It would be great survey to review and look over every half decade or so. Just not sure how to go about one.

I don't know about Brandon Williams being one and done because of his height and weight. It would depend on the quickness of his first step and how good he is pulling up for shots off the bounce. He used to be a top 15 guy but has dropped some. Nonetheless, still an elite prospect.

I have been told that Singleton is really underrated in the rankings. He's in the low 30's, minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    anyone who doesn't think the wcc affiliation is a major issue for the elite recruits has never been a high-level competitive athlete or anything similar, say chess champion...to be the best you want to compete against the best...all day everyday...not just precon and in march.
    All you need to do is listen to Mark Few. He said at the final four and other places that it's the only thing opposing coaches can use against Gonzaga. Almost anything else that a coach tries to do is bound to backfire.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    For me it's Cherry, Singleton and Williams. All three. All play different positions, all wish to visit Gonzaga. I really like Cherry and what he is looking for in a school. He loves how Gonzaga uses JWIII, Wiltjer and their fours within the offense. When asked how much he watches Gonzaga, he said "a ton."

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    For me it's Cherry, Singleton and Williams. All three. All play different positions, all wish to visit Gonzaga. I really like Cherry and what he is looking for in a school. He loves how Gonzaga uses JWIII, Wiltjer and their fours within the offense. When asked how much he watches Gonzaga, he said "a ton."
    I'd agree CDC. Cherry and Williams are 1a and 1b for me. Singleton is a different case for me. Sometimes I think he looks awesome and other times I'm just not sure. Definitely has a little different orthodox a game. If the staff loves him though I'm all in.

I am just happy that the staff is aiming high with this class. A key factor is that the staff have been on all 3 of these kids for awhile now. So the run to the title game did nothing but enhance their chances of landing them.

I'm curious who the staff is interested in as far as 2019 guys are concerned. I know the recruiting sites have a few names, but the list will expand this summer for sure. They can also use the run to the title game to help them land those kids as well.

What's the deal with Kamaka Hepa? Has the interest cooled in either direction?

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    What's the deal with Kamaka Hepa? Has the interest cooled in either direction?
    Good question. Espn lists 13 schools. Zags aren't one of them. No idea if that means anything.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...12/kamaka-hepa

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    this makes anything else you wrote lack credibility...zags non-con sos ranking was #69 (espn) this year...

edited to add: even worse if you go by kenpom...#127
    True, but last year was more the exception than the rule. But, they also play a lot of high level teams, so more rpi top 25 and 50 than most ( the cupcakes lower the overall number).

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    True, but last year was more the exception than the rule. But, they also play a lot of high level teams, so more rpi top 25 and 50 than most ( the cupcakes lower the overall number).
    This is the first time since 2002 our overall strength of schedule was stronger than our Non Conference SOS. About 40 points higher this year.

YEAR-YR NC/SOS
    2001-02 79/62
    2002-03 32/100
    2003-04 11/107
    2004-05 55/98
    2005-06 5/79
    2006-07 5/89
    2007-08 6/100
    2008-09 3/86
    2009-10 24/94
    2010-11 20/78
    2011-12 36/104
    2012-13 9/92
    2013-14 45/86
    2014-15 23/79
    2015-16 6/92
    2016-17 127/89

Inside The Kennel‏ @InsideTheKennel 10m10 minutes ago
    Inside The Kennel Retweeted Dinos Trigonis
    Another potential guard option on the radar

Dinos Trigonis‏
    @trigonis30

Schools in to see Bryce Hamilton tonite: Gonzaga, USC, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah, UTEP, Boise State, Hawaii, Santa Clara

D1 Circuit‏
    @D1Circuit

Oakland Soldiers F Taeshon Cherry (@slim_reaper635): 13 PTS, 9 REB, 2 BLK vs Indy Heat @Soldiers_Salute

Gonzaga Guru Final 4 Retweeted
    Dinos Trigonis‏ @trigonis30 13h13 hours ago
    And we are off at @PangosSweet16 Colleges in house: Gonzaga, USC, Washington, Colorado, Utah, Arizona State, Boise State, Denver, Weber St.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Inside The Kennel‏ @InsideTheKennel 10m10 minutes ago
    Inside The Kennel Retweeted Dinos Trigonis
    Another potential guard option on the radar

Dinos Trigonis‏
    @trigonis30

Schools in to see Bryce Hamilton tonite: Gonzaga, USC, Arizona State, Colorado, Utah, UTEP, Boise State, Hawaii, Santa Clara
    Underwhelming, at this point. Willing to see what he looks like as a senior, but I'm higher on Joe Ayayi, at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bryce Hamilton looks like an absolute stud from what I've seen, can't believe he isn't ranked higher. His NBA upside is much higher than David Singleton's in my opinion, he's moved his way to the top of my wishlist right alongside Cherry and Williams.

He looks the part of a 5 star prospect in these highlights in my view https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bj19R5sx5ME