• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • thespywhozaggedme
    Banned
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Watson and other guard 2019
    That's 2019. Meehan specifically said that we have one available for '18, but we lose 2 seniors and have 2 freshman coming in to take their place.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
      Banned
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagzKrak View Post
      The same one we have being unused this year.
      There isn't one being unused this year, Jeremy Jones got it.

Comment

• ZagzKrak
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Apr 2016

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
        There isn't one being unused this year, Jeremy Jones got it.
        check the chart thread at the top...we still have an open one

Comment

• amaronizag
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Jul 2013

Lots of talk on this forum about the bigs lately. We knew coming into this season we were thin in the front court. Larsen was our only true 5 and his health/recovery was uncertain, and it still is to some extent. However, I am very pleased with his development. If he stays healthy, continues to develop and earns more floor time, we can go deep again this year. But even with Larsen healthy, we're thin in the front court, especially compared to last year. Next year we will have Larsen at the 5, with Tillie, Clark, and 6'10 Petrusev all playing the 4 (PF) and that's assuming Rui plays the 3. Seems like we have some potential log jams at the guard and PF positions, but will still be thin at the 5. If we are looking to fill one more scholarship, let's hope it's a 5. Yes, we could lose Perkins, Tillie, and Rui at the end of this season, but now I'm thinking we might get another year out of each. If so, we're stacked....except for a backup 5.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
            Banned
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by ZagzKrak View Post
            check the chart thread at the top...we still have an open one
            Wow, you're right, I stand corrected. I never noticed that we had an open schollie, I mean I knew we had one, but I thought that JJ got it, but I guess not. I wonder why we didn't fill it for an under the radar freshman and redshirt him like Ayayi.

Comment

• Bogozags
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
              Is Luka Samanic still a player we are recruiting or is he the one going pro?
              Bump

Comment

• cggonzaga
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Originally posted by amaronizag View Post
                Lots of talk on this forum about the bigs lately. We knew coming into this season we were thin in the front court. Larsen was our only true 5 and his health/recovery was uncertain, and it still is to some extent. However, I am very pleased with his development. If he stays healthy, continues to develop and earns more floor time, we can go deep again this year. But even with Larsen healthy, we're thin in the front court, especially compared to last year. Next year we will have Larsen at the 5, with Tillie, Clark, and 6'10 Petrusev all playing the 4 (PF) and that's assuming Rui plays the 3. Seems like we have some potential log jams at the guard and PF positions, but will still be thin at the 5. If we are looking to fill one more scholarship, let's hope it's a 5. Yes, we could lose Perkins, Tillie, and Rui at the end of this season, but now I'm thinking we might get another year out of each. If so, we're stacked....except for a backup 5.
                How many programs in college basketball have a true 5 let alone a backup 5? It’s not that big a deal.

Comment

• roxdoc
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

All the ones with an "inside out" philosophy?

Comment

• Bogozags
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by roxdoc View Post
                    All the ones with an "inside out" philosophy?
                    Yes

Duke and UK and SMC to name three

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

Ravet has worked hard to add strength and improve his quickness. The 6-foot-1 point guard was at 178 pounds but lost 20 pounds during his illness.
                      20 pounds? Good grief. Needs the Hondo Diet plan ASAP!

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
                        Wow, you're right, I stand corrected. I never noticed that we had an open schollie, I mean I knew we had one, but I thought that JJ got it, but I guess not. I wonder why we didn't fill it for an under the radar freshman and redshirt him like Ayayi.
                        because the staff is saving it for jordan brown or a potential mid or post season transfer...maybe even someone from the fbi fallout...never know when another nwg will drop in your laps =)

Comment

• azzagfan
                          Professional Zag Fan
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Worthington View Post
                          I watched a couple of Monteverde's games from their latest tournament and came away very impressed with Petrusev. He's better than I thought when he originally signed. The Zach Collins comparison really isn't that far off. Collins probably has an inch or two on Petrusev and is a bit better of an athlete, but they are similar players. One thing Petrusev does much better than Collins is pass the ball. Not the same kind of scorer that Collins is at this point though. It was clear from the games that I saw that he was thinking the game at a higher level than the bigs that he was squaring off against. Absolutely a Mark Few kind of player. Personally, I think there's a pretty good chance he won't be a four year player and I predict he will continue to climb the 2018 recruiting rankings throughout the season.
                          I agree with this assessment. I hadn't read it, but after watching some of Montverde games and highlights, I was thinking the same. He will contribute next year in a big way with J3's departure. My only concern is if he can get used to the drop in talent (Montverde has some serious players).

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

As usual, Zags are not ranked in 2018 recruiting. Shoot, even Rhode Island made the ESPN Top 40.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                              As usual, Zags are not ranked in 2018 recruiting. Shoot, even Rhode Island made the ESPN Top 40.
                              it's pretty tough when you're only bringing in two guys...they would both have to be at least high 4 stars...as such, zags are still #1 in wcc for 2018, more evidence of the growing gap

Comment

• Zagdawg
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Add in Brandon Clarke (not a freshman recruit -- but one of the top transfers) -- and JW3 graduation will not hurt as much either.

Comment

Working...
                                X