Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2286

Thread: 2018 Recruits

One would have to think that Brandon Williams found out that Joe Cremo is visiting and that's what compelled him to move up his visit.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    One would have to think that Brandon Williams found out that Joe Cremo is visiting and that's what compelled him to move up his visit.
    Probably wishful thinking, but I appreciate the optimism.

As someone said earlier I think the question we thought we might have to wait until June 1st to answer has been answered....Rui and Tillie are coming back. So that removes the reason for putting off our visit. If I was B.Wil those two coming back would play a huge role into the decision of signing here or not. With those two and him we are poised for another Final Four run. I hope he likes what he sees here and wants to be a part of it.

Highly doubt he’s worried about that. Unfortunately my guess is things went great in Eugene but he promised us he’d visit. Have a strong feeling unless we absolutely blow him away on visit he’ll be committing to the Ducks shortly thereafter. To play my own devil’s advocate, maybe he wasn’t impressed by Oregon and wants to see what the Zags have to offer. In which case he picks between us and the Wildcats. Fingers crossed either way.

Either would work cqq. I'm thinking the latter since Pritchard is formidable competition I doubt Dana needs two PG's on the floor at the same time. I still have a feeling he's AZ bound as things wind down in Tucson. Even if they don't wind down, he's really headed to the NBA ( or so he thinks.. as many do) so it may not matter. We'll see soon enough. Hoopfest is always a great experience for possible players. Runs a bit late for this timetable.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Highly doubt heís worried about that. Unfortunately my guess is things went great in Eugene but he promised us heíd visit. Have a strong feeling unless we absolutely blow him away on visit heíll be committing to the Ducks shortly thereafter. To play my own devilís advocate, maybe he wasnít impressed by Oregon and wants to see what the Zags have to offer. In which case he picks between us and the Wildcats. Fingers crossed either way.
    If the visit went so well he would have pushed his visit up to play out the formality. I have no idea what is in this kids head but I appreciate that he's taking the time to make an informed decision. It shows me maturity. He seems like a good kid who is able to rise above the noise and keep his head on straight. I hope we get him. He is the final puzzle piece for next season. We are already picked to be FF good.......

If the visit went so well he would have pushed his visit up to play out the formality.
    Maybe I don’t understand but he is moving his visit up it sounds like.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Highly doubt heís worried about that. Unfortunately my guess is things went great in Eugene but he promised us heíd visit. Have a strong feeling unless we absolutely blow him away on visit heíll be committing to the Ducks shortly thereafter. To play my own devilís advocate, maybe he wasnít impressed by Oregon and wants to see what the Zags have to offer. In which case he picks between us and the Wildcats. Fingers crossed either way.
    Your guess is 100% correct. I know you hate definitives, but itís 100% correct. Itís a lot easier when we temper our hope with reality. Valiant effort by DD and Coach Few. This sucks for Will Richardson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Arizona still being his first choice right now after the Oregon visit i dont think the visit went as well as some people think it did. I think We are in prime position to make a great pitch, and it all centers around bringing out the big guns, ex players, john stockton, focusing on our training programs and coaching. That being said, i dont think our facilities beat Oregon or Arizona, so hopefully he likes the charm of a small jesuit campus and the Spokane spring weather isnt too chilly for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Your guess is 100% correct. I know you hate definitives, but it’s 100% correct. It’s a lot easier when we temper our hope with reality. Valiant effort by DD and Coach Few. This sucks for Will Richardson.

Link?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    With Arizona still being his first choice right now after the Oregon visit i dont think the visit went as well as some people think it did. I think We are in prime position to make a great pitch, and it all centers around bringing out the big guns, ex players, john stockton, focusing on our training programs and coaching. That being said, i dont think our facilities beat Oregon or Arizona, so hopefully he likes the charm of a small jesuit campus and the Spokane spring weather isnt too chilly for him.

Where it stated that Arizona is still his first choice? His final three was in no particular order.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    Again, why the h.e.double.hockey.stick is Arizona still on his list? Was this all for show?

I'm sorry, sincerely trying to understand his intentions.

Why de-commit? I hear about kids doing this early on in recruitment, say, if their family has moved, or a member is sick, or maybe they commited when they were 16 or something.

Then they "reopen" their recruitment for a variety of reasons, yet didn't Brandon Williams decommit LATE IN THE GAME due to recruiting violations, wire taps, FBI roaming, unwanted scrutiny and attention?

I just don't get it. Then drag it out until mid Summer to make a decision?

I'm happy Gonzaga and/or Oregon said, "we can't wait until June". We have open scholarships and our program doesn't revolve around only Brandon Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    Again, why the h.e.double.hockey.stick is Arizona still on his list? Was this all for show?

I'm sorry, sincerely trying to understand his intentions.

Why de-commit? I hear about kids doing this early on in recruitment, say, if their family has moved, or a member is sick, or maybe they commited when they were 16 or something.

Then they "reopen" their recruitment for a variety of reasons, yet didn't Brandon Williams decommit LATE IN THE GAME due to recruiting violations, wire taps, FBI roaming, unwanted scrutiny and attention?

I just don't get it. Then drag it out until mid Summer to make a decision?

I'm happy Gonzaga and/or Oregon said, "we can't wait until June".
    Many on the Arizona main board share your sentiments:

Could not agree more

What is he waiting for? This is ridiculous going through all this. Its April and you are naming a Top 3.....I f*#*#@g hate recruiting.

I'm telling you, he is just going around the country getting girls. I'm pretty sure of this, mostly from his insta stories. He already made up his mind.

Lame. A Top 3? Why?

Right. Between the timing of his decommit announcement and now this, I’m less and less enamored with this kid. Don’t fault him for having second thoughts after all that’s been but it’s been pretty clear for a while that what you see is what you get with Arizona and Sean Miller right now. Also pretty clear that the apparent last straw for him has been universally debunked by everyone not wearing the letters ESPN. Of course he’s got to do what he feels is best, but Miller still has a lot of ground to make up and time isn’t really on his side. I’d almost applaud Miller for pulling the plug now to go hard after the better transfers out there versus letting another 3 weeks go by and have Williams end up at Oregon, anyway, but at this point I guess Miller probably doesn’t have too much to lose except the time and expense needed to kiss this kid’s ass on a weekly basis.

I’ll gladly take him, but this self-fellating (or with partners as Sunny speculates) West Coast tour has stripped my love for Williams. I don’t like it when five star recruits drag it out, I certainly don’t like it when four stars do it worse.

He’s taking advantage. The selfishness and self aggrandizing doesn’t speak well to hopes that he’s a day one leader of men.

A commitment and good play cures all, of course.

http://www.beardownwildcats.com/view...602&start=2050

I have no sources, just reading everyones post on here and Twitter. But if BWill is expected to visit on April 28th (?) and Cremo is expected to visit not his weekend, but next, are both players visiting on the 28th?

Your guess is 100% correct. I know you hate definitives, but itís 100% correct. Itís a lot easier when we temper our hope with reality. Valiant effort by DD and Coach Few. This sucks for Will Richardson.

So you're guessing what a kid is thinking but you know 100% what it is, got it. I'm assuming if Williams chooses Arizona, it will be Williams fault you were wrong and your evaluation of the recruitment process was 100% correct start to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I have no sources, just reading everyones post on here and Twitter. But if BWill is expected to visit on April 28th (?) and Cremo is expected to visit not his weekend, but next, are both players visiting on the 28th?
    Not necessarily, but good catch/deduction.

No way they'd have these two visit at the same time, as they are competing for the same spot on our team.

Joe is visiting Texas this wkend, yet no official date has been set to visit us. Ideally, it would be the wkend after Texas, as you don't want to lose momentum with a recruit, yet have to presume beginning of May.

Although, as posted earlier, Penn St, Texas, Creighton, even Oregon did IN HOME visits to Joe Cremo. Gonzaga did not. Could be telling...just not sure in what way...

Quote Originally Posted by Therunner View Post
    Not necessarily, but good catch/deduction.

No way they'd have these two visit at the same time, as they are competing for the same spot on our team.

Joe is visiting Texas this wkend, yet no official date has been set to visit us. Ideally, it would be the wkend after Texas, as you don't want to lose momentum with a recruit, yet have to presume beginning of May.

Although, as posted earlier, Penn St, Texas, Creighton, even Oregon did IN HOME visits to Joe Cremo. Gonzaga did not. Could be telling...just not sure in what way...
    Why not both? Hypothetically a backcourt of Perks, Norvell, BWill and Cremo would be our most talented, deepest ever.

Why not both? Hypothetically a backcourt of Perks, Norvell, BWill and Cremo would be our most talented, deepest ever.
    No doubt about that, and a great coup by GU, yet this isn't about us with these two unique recruits. Its about them right now.

Cremo may go for it, to be a part of a winning program/team/NCAA, yet no way would Brandon Williams go for that. His Public Relations Rep...err...his Step Father said he needs and wants the ball in his hands. Wants to be the PG.

Perkins, an incredible player and person, would agree to this....yet not B Will. Wouldn't take the chance and feel a visit at the same time would work against us, not in favor this time around.

In many instances, bringing recruits in together is a positive, but the more I learn about Brandon Williams, the more I realize....we gotta roll out the red carpet, maybe even the blue one...to get this kid to sign.

Tiring of BW's Hamlet act. And of the helio dad, to be honest. Go already, have fun in a factory school where you will be recruited over every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Bouldin4Prez View Post
    So you're guessing what a kid is thinking but you know 100% what it is, got it. I'm assuming if Williams chooses Arizona, it will be Williams fault you were wrong and your evaluation of the recruitment process was 100% correct start to finish.
    This is the 'Dustin Villepigue' of takes.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Tiring of BW's Hamlet act. And of the helio dad, to be honest. Go already, have fun in a factory school where you will be recruited over every year.
    Didn't we have someone go on a diatribe about not being realistic because it isn't positive, and advocating for just being "rah, rah, rah", though? It wouldn't be that much to worry about if people were realistic about the likelihood. Yes, be a fan. Yes, hold out hope. *BUT* temper it with some foundation of reality. He wasn't coming here. And that's ok...

Cremo? Williams? You got me! Most important is whether either one, or both, or neither truly HAVE the Gonzaga mentality. Up to the coaches to gauge this. Given their efforts, one or the other or both must have it. I don’t think it’s something you can acquire once you get here. Got to assume that any player that doesn’t have it won’t be coming on board. I am fine with that.......even if neither Cremo or Williams shows up.

Damn, I had to look that one up. lol

No, it's the 'you speak in absolutes but realistically have no clue what you are talking about' of takes. Is he more than likely going to end up at Oregon? Yes. However, you talking about a kid's recruitment process with 100% certainty is just silly.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Damn, I had to look that one up. lol
    I had a roommate in Provo that played with him and another former Zag. Dustin was not fond of Coach Few. At least based on the nickname I was told he had for him.