Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 404647484950
Results 1,226 to 1,244 of 1244

Thread: 2018 Recruits

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Wow, you're right, I stand corrected. I never noticed that we had an open schollie, I mean I knew we had one, but I thought that JJ got it, but I guess not. I wonder why we didn't fill it for an under the radar freshman and redshirt him like Ayayi.
    because the staff is saving it for jordan brown or a potential mid or post season transfer...maybe even someone from the fbi fallout...never know when another nwg will drop in your laps =)

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    I watched a couple of Monteverde's games from their latest tournament and came away very impressed with Petrusev. He's better than I thought when he originally signed. The Zach Collins comparison really isn't that far off. Collins probably has an inch or two on Petrusev and is a bit better of an athlete, but they are similar players. One thing Petrusev does much better than Collins is pass the ball. Not the same kind of scorer that Collins is at this point though. It was clear from the games that I saw that he was thinking the game at a higher level than the bigs that he was squaring off against. Absolutely a Mark Few kind of player. Personally, I think there's a pretty good chance he won't be a four year player and I predict he will continue to climb the 2018 recruiting rankings throughout the season.
    I agree with this assessment. I hadn't read it, but after watching some of Montverde games and highlights, I was thinking the same. He will contribute next year in a big way with J3's departure. My only concern is if he can get used to the drop in talent (Montverde has some serious players).

As usual, Zags are not ranked in 2018 recruiting. Shoot, even Rhode Island made the ESPN Top 40.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    As usual, Zags are not ranked in 2018 recruiting. Shoot, even Rhode Island made the ESPN Top 40.
    it's pretty tough when you're only bringing in two guys...they would both have to be at least high 4 stars...as such, zags are still #1 in wcc for 2018, more evidence of the growing gap

Add in Brandon Clarke (not a freshman recruit -- but one of the top transfers) -- and JW3 graduation will not hurt as much either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Add in Brandon Clarke (not a freshman recruit -- but one of the top transfers) -- and JW3 graduation will not hurt as much either.
    i was hoping jw3's loss would hurt a lot more than it looks like it's going to...

I THINK that picking up the 2 new freshmen will really help. Brandon Clark with Larsen, Rui and Petrusev gives us a solid group at the forward center area. Then getting Foster to go with Perkins, Ayayi, Wade, and Norvell gives us a solid set of guards. Then at the wing we have Kispert, Norvell, and Rui. Jeremy Jones, I do not know where to put him (I think a 4), but is also a solid player in this mix depending on the size of the team we are playing. We should be very good defensively and also have a super set of 3 point shooters (Perkins, Wade, Kispert, and Norvell).

"Gonzaga Continues To Push For 5-Star Prospect"

https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...Prep-113607032

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    "Gonzaga Continues To Push For 5-Star Prospect"

https://247sports.com/college/gonzag...Prep-113607032

Hard not to be optimistic about our chances after reading his father’s comments about GU and their history of success developing “big men”.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    i was hoping jw3's loss would hurt a lot more than it looks like it's going to...

?????

Just getting an OV is half the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    OK asking questions you know the answer too...learned my lesson
    you'll notice i didn't bother...my fault for the original post, so back on topic...

petrusev buried a late 3 which helped monteverde overcome norvell's old simeon team in by far their closest game of the year 62-60.
    barrett's obviously the star, but petrusev has showed well...better than i expected...i was a little worried he might get buried under all that talent.
    i don't know if the rankings will eventually be updated to reflect it so late in the game, but petrusev really should be top 50.

Pertrusev is playing right now on espnu

I think we're getting another skilled big. Ive' seen Monteverde 4 times this year and Petrusev has shown to be a High IQ basketball player who passes and rebounds very well. Monteverde is loaded with D1 commits and they don't run anything for their bigs. Today he passed up some shots for others. I wouldn't read too much into he boxscore.

It's a loaded (might be best in the nation) front court next season. Easily
    Top 10. Losing a great player lie J3 always hurts a bit. But if there's a return to E8 or ft planned ,we won't fall because of the
    the bigs.

Jordan Brown named to the McDonalds High School All-American Team today.
    Curiously, six players of the 24 listed (1/4 of the team) is “undecided”. It just seems odd that so many high profile players haven’t signed, especially in the day-and-age of AAU super teams and college football programs offering scholarships to middle schoolers.
    I know Brown is still very much a question mark...but it’s fun to daydream.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmycarter View Post
    Jordan Brown named to the McDonalds High School All-American Team today.
    Curiously, six players of the 24 listed (1/4 of the team) is “undecided”. It just seems odd that so many high profile players haven’t signed, especially in the day-and-age of AAU super teams and college football programs offering scholarships to middle schoolers.
    I know Brown is still very much a question mark...but it’s fun to daydream.

It's always that way with McDonald's all Americans. They're waiting to see which freshman declare and which stay.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    It's always that way with McDonald's all Americans. They're waiting to see which freshman declare and which stay.
    Which is telling...not sure GU is really in his crosshairs.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Which is telling...not sure GU is really in his crosshairs.
    Actually this year we probably would apply to that metric. If Tillie and Rui leave early combined with JW III graduating that open up a lot of playing time for him immediately.