Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 280

Thread: 2017 Recruits

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I thought I'd bump this thread.

    With as many as six players leaving (Karnowski, Mathews, Collins, NWG, Alberts, and Edwards), and only two new committed scholarship players (Wade and Kispert), does 2017 recruiting take on a greater sense of urgency?

    I think Jones will take a scholarship, but that still leaves 2-3 more openings. I hope to land the French shooting guard, Joel Ayayi. Who else is out there who could play immediately?
    I think Ayayi is 2018

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I thought I'd bump this thread.

    With as many as six players leaving (Karnowski, Mathews, Collins, NWG, Alberts, and Edwards), and only two new committed scholarship players (Wade and Kispert), does 2017 recruiting take on a greater sense of urgency?

    I think Jones will take a scholarship, but that still leaves 2-3 more openings. I hope to land the French shooting guard, Joel Ayayi. Who else is out there who could play immediately?
    May need to come from grad transfers or more Euro miracles. 2017 class has some remaining talent, but is picked over, and it's late.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I thought I'd bump this thread.

    With as many as six players leaving (Karnowski, Mathews, Collins, NWG, Alberts, and Edwards), and only two new committed scholarship players (Wade and Kispert), does 2017 recruiting take on a greater sense of urgency?

    I think Jones will take a scholarship, but that still leaves 2-3 more openings. I hope to land the French shooting guard, Joel Ayayi. Who else is out there who could play immediately?
    Elijah Brown, grad transfer from New Mexico is a good possibility. The other openings could be filled by Noah Dickerson and Chase Jeter, but they would both have to sit a year. Which i think is fine considering we have Tillie and Larsen in the frontcourt. Ayayi is very likely to be classified as 2018 also. So there could still be room to add another under the radar transfer or international recruit to be eligible for 2017.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    although from what im hearing Noah Dickerson is narrowing his list to Virginia, Miami, and returning to Washington after all.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Noah Dickerson chose to go back to UW. Chase Jeter is on a visit to San Diego St this weekend, Elijah Brown is on a visit to Iowa St.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,430

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    Noah Dickerson chose to go back to UW. Chase Jeter is on a visit to San Diego St this weekend, Elijah Brown is on a visit to Iowa St.
    Even after having read all the posts in this thread, I am still not confident that Mr. Brown is GU material. I would bet that Iowa State is where he will end up as that is more his style of play.
    BUT I sure do like the idea of Chase Jeter coming to GU, sitting a year and then blossoming into a strong bench player his first year and then shine his senior season...

  7. #32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Even after having read all the posts in this thread, I am still not confident that Mr. Brown is GU material. I would bet that Iowa State is where he will end up as that is more his style of play.
    BUT I sure do like the idea of Chase Jeter coming to GU, sitting a year and then blossoming into a strong bench player his first year and then shine his senior season...
    Well, there is a good chance that 3 guys are coming into the program. One is very likely Chase Jeter (and that makes a whole lot of sense). One is probably a grad transfer. And the other is most likely a recruit. Sandro is committed to Seton Hall...so I am not sure who would be in the Euro market that Tommy would have the inside track with. And unless it's one of the unsigned C's or F's that is left for this year, in the Top 100 or close...then I have no clue.

    I mean, I can throw some names against the wall and see if one happens to be a lucky guess: Matthias Tass of Estonia, Kurt Cassar of Italy, and Lukas Kisunas of Lithuania.

  8. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    Well, there is a good chance that 3 guys are coming into the program. One is very likely Chase Jeter (and that makes a whole lot of sense). One is probably a grad transfer. And the other is most likely a recruit. Sandro is committed to Seton Hall...so I am not sure who would be in the Euro market that Tommy would have the inside track with. And unless it's one of the unsigned C's or F's that is left for this year, in the Top 100 or close...then I have no clue.

    I mean, I can throw some names against the wall and see if one happens to be a lucky guess: Matthias Tass of Estonia, Kurt Cassar of Italy, and Lukas Kisunas of Lithuania.
    You sound confident on Jeter.

    If we got Jeter, a solid grad transfer and a European able to contribute immediately i would be happy.

  9. #34

    Default

    I have a feeling Joel Ayayi will be announcing that he will be a Zag very soon!

  10. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darreno View Post
    I have a feeling Joel Ayayi will be announcing that he will be a Zag very soon!
    has there been confirmation whether he is 2017 or 2018 yet???

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    has there been confirmation whether he is 2017 or 2018 yet???
    Hopefully '18 because we are loaded at wings and guards for this upcoming season. We really need power forward and center depth.

  12. #37

    Default

    I believe he is 2017

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darreno View Post
    I believe he is 2017
    He's only 17 and most sites list him as a 2018.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    has there been confirmation whether he is 2017 or 2018 yet???
    The Evan Daniels article makes it sound like he is planning on enrolling in 2017 but it isn't totally clear.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    The Evan Daniels article makes it sound like he is planning on enrolling in 2017 but it isn't totally clear.
    He's 16 and won't be 17 until 10 days from today. How on earth could he be a 2017 recruit?

    http://basketball.eurobasket.com/pla...et-Ball/368870

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    He's 16 and won't be 17 until 10 days from today. How on earth could he be a 2017 recruit?

    http://basketball.eurobasket.com/pla...et-Ball/368870
    He turned 17 in March, I think the confusion is from US vs. Euro date (M/D vs. D/M). Still really young for sure. We'll just have to see where it goes.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,200

    Default

    Elijah Brown is supposed to be visiting campus this weekend i think. I would think Chase Jeter still wants to visit UCLA, Oregon, UNLV, and Gonzaga. I think Joel Ayayi qualifies for 2017 since he will be 18 during the season? But im not 100% sure. If so, it would make a lot of sense for him to come in, learn from JP, Silas, and Zach and maybe even redshirt.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    Elijah Brown is supposed to be visiting campus this weekend i think. I would think Chase Jeter still wants to visit UCLA, Oregon, UNLV, and Gonzaga. I think Joel Ayayi qualifies for 2017 since he will be 18 during the season? But im not 100% sure. If so, it would make a lot of sense for him to come in, learn from JP, Silas, and Zach and maybe even redshirt.
    I agree, I think he's a perfect Silas combo guard replacement

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The Pub
    Posts
    6,977

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigsmoove View Post
    Elijah Brown is supposed to be visiting campus this weekend i think. I would think Chase Jeter still wants to visit UCLA, Oregon, UNLV, and Gonzaga. I think Joel Ayayi qualifies for 2017 since he will be 18 during the season? But im not 100% sure. If so, it would make a lot of sense for him to come in, learn from JP, Silas, and Zach and maybe even redshirt.
    I love having quality redshirt freshmen on the roster. Let young kids come in and spend a year earning the system and maturing physically. If an unexpected injury hits the roster, they can play right away.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,175

    Default

    [QUOTE=Chase Jeter is on a visit to San Diego St this weekend[/QUOTE]

    Missed explanation of why Jeter is transferring. Definitely interesting, but transfer leaves me with questions. Anyone got answers?

  21. #46
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,057

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinZag View Post
    Missed explanation of why Jeter is transferring. Definitely interesting, but transfer leaves me with questions. Anyone got answers?
    He had some injuries that held him back but the perception of Chase from Duke fans is that he may have been overrated out of high school and is a bit too soft to play the post in the NCAA. Nothing a year in the Olynyk Clinic can't handle.

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,080

    Default

    Saw in another thread where some one mentioned David and Goliath so I did a little research. Goliath plays for Gath in the Phillistine league where he dominated the paint. Known as a lane protector more than a rim protector, he is an imposing figure at the 5. He probably would need a red shirt year to contribute at the D1 level and a year under Daniels teaching footwork and Knight reshaping his body and balance could do wonders. There just aren't many kids of Goliath's size. He is a bit foul prone and hasn't really been challenged as nobody compares to his size. Oh yeah, he has Zag hair too.

    David plays for the Israelites a Class B school and he has been under the radar, but probably not for long. He is a smallish kid with great handles and has already taken over the PG spot from Saul who had to move to a wing. Scouts are saying that he is a deadly sharpshooter and not afraid to take the big shot. Since taking over, he has demonstrated exceptional leadership skills as well. The youngest of eight, he is quiet and unassuming. He has a lot of potential in the Zag PG tradition. Scouts say that even if he doesn't start as a freshman, he will probably get starter type minutes, it will be impossible to keep him off the floor. The future looks bright if the Zags can land these two.
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    He had some injuries that held him back but the perception of Chase from Duke fans is that he may have been overrated out of high school and is a bit too soft to play the post in the NCAA. Nothing a year in the Olynyk Clinic can't handle.
    Interesting comments coming from a fan base thrilled to get the Leg Sweeper back for one more year.

  24. #49

    Default

    I know it's real late in the game and I don't know anything about him, but it seems like Brandon McCoy could be some one of interest. Anyone know anything about him?
    http://www.scout.com/player/189915-brandon-mccoy?s=75

  25. #50
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    Saw in another thread where some one mentioned David and Goliath so I did a little research. Goliath plays for Gath in the Phillistine league where he dominated the paint. Known as a lane protector more than a rim protector, he is an imposing figure at the 5. He probably would need a red shirt year to contribute at the D1 level and a year under Daniels teaching footwork and Knight reshaping his body and balance could do wonders. There just aren't many kids of Goliath's size. He is a bit foul prone and hasn't really been challenged as nobody compares to his size. Oh yeah, he has Zag hair too.

    David plays for the Israelites a Class B school and he has been under the radar, but probably not for long. He is a smallish kid with great handles and has already taken over the PG spot from Saul who had to move to a wing. Scouts are saying that he is a deadly sharpshooter and not afraid to take the big shot. Since taking over, he has demonstrated exceptional leadership skills as well. The youngest of eight, he is quiet and unassuming. He has a lot of potential in the Zag PG tradition. Scouts say that even if he doesn't start as a freshman, he will probably get starter type minutes, it will be impossible to keep him off the floor. The future looks bright if the Zags can land these two.
    Birddog.. Last time I saw Daniels he was in a whole lot of trouble, seems he was caught in a lion's den.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •