Page 11 of 29 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible grad transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by btzag View Post
    Elijah Brown to Oregon per Rothstein. Better move for him and GU in my opinion.
    My Dad has seen Brown play more than just about anyone on the board, and more than the GU coaching staff. Says he genuinely felt from the very beginning that Elijah was a "risky fit" for Gonzaga. Questionable basketball IQ.

Which doesn't mean that the GU staff didn't want him. It's just that I am not going to lose sleep over it.

More grad transfer names will emerge in the next few weeks after the spring semester ends throughout the country.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Another swing and a miss
    I don't look at it that way. Oregon has one returning guard, and GU is set in the backcourt as far as I'm concerned. Brown steps into Dorsey's spot and plays a lot. Ducks have no returning upperclassmen of significance; he gets a bigger role there. Oregon insiders have been talking like he was a pretty sure thing for a while (though of course they said the same about McCoy).

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan1 View Post
    Oh well. Oregon will be hurting more next season. He can continue with his volume shots. No further comment on him. Next!
    Oregon will likely drop to third in the Pac next year behind Zona/UCLA; USC might compete with them for that spot. Like the Zags, they are reloading and will still be a tourney team most likely. I'll also predict fewer shots and a higher % for him there.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Oregon will likely drop to third in the Pac next year behind Zona/UCLA; USC might compete with them for that spot. Like the Zags, they are reloading and will still be a tourney team most likely. I'll also predict fewer shots and a higher % for him there.
    USC could compete for the top spot next year IMO
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Interesting to hear Coach Brown talk about it. Sounded like he was all in on Gonzaga but ultimately it was his son's decision. Honestly if he wants to play big minutes and take a ton of shots he probably made the right choice, we are loaded in the backcourt and I would much rather see our 3-4 year guards develop than cater to a higher volume shooter that would only be here for 1 year.

https://twitter.com/jacobc_palmer/st...48184689364992

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    Interesting to hear Coach Brown talk about it. Sounded like he was all in on Gonzaga but ultimately it was his son's decision. Honestly if he wants to play big minutes and take a ton of shots he probably made the right choice, we are loaded in the backcourt and I would much rather see our 3-4 year guards develop than cater to a higher volume shooter that would only be here for 1 year.

https://twitter.com/jacobc_palmer/st...48184689364992
    My opinion as well.

Default Elijah Brown picks Oregon over GU

I am not so sure that this is not the best for us. In order to get his 19 points, he had to shoot a lot. Just my opinion. I am hoping that they find a big in Europe.

Full-Time Hoops‏
    @FullTimeHoops1

Gonzaga, SDSU, UConn, St Johns, Georgetown, Illinois, Iowa St, St Louis, and Clemson are in the mix for Cal grad transfer Kameron Rooks.

Interesting tweet from TSSF:

Slipper Still Fits
    @slipperstillfit
    Zags can definitely use help rounding out the core next season, but Brown always seemed more Gerard Coleman than Byron Wesley.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Full-Time Hoops‏
    @FullTimeHoops1

Gonzaga, SDSU, UConn, St Johns, Georgetown, Illinois, Iowa St, St Louis, and Clemson are in the mix for Cal grad transfer Kameron Rooks.
    Does he want to be in televised games, play in the NCAA with a chance at a deep run? Only the Zags could be the best at that chance.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Does he want to be in televised games, play in the NCAA with a chance at a deep run? Only the Zags could be the best at that chance.
    And follow in the footsteps of his former teammate JM.

There is still time to land a game changing recruit.

Jordan Mathews didn't commit to Gonzaga till the end of June.

I still think I like the kid from NIU a little bit better, he seems much more skilled offensively but I have no idea if we are even interested.

Jeff Goodman‏Verified account @GoodmanESPN 6m6 minutes ago
    Grad transfer Cullen Neal told ESPN he will transfer to Saint Mary’s — which is where he initially signed coming out of high school.

"Cullen Neal to ESPN on transferring to Saint Mary's: "It's like I've come full circle. I was comfortable with them coming out of high school and took a visit there this past weekend and still felt comfortable. Saint Mary's has a winning culture. They have a really good team coming back and I just want to help in any way I can. The biggest thing for me was to go out as a winner."

Jeff Goodman, ESPN Insider

Cullen's family has been through a lot the past few years. Noodles getting fired was the least of it. The death threats that Cullen received at UNM were truly awful.

I know it worked out for Alford's kid, but I just generally think that kids are better off not playing for their parents beyond high school.
    Between the ages of 18-23, kids need to start individuating from their parents. Cullen should have not changed his commitment to New Mexico in the 1st place. I hope things work out for him, except when he's playing against GU.

Nice pickup for SMC.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

I agree totally but there are a lot of kids playing for their fathers. I wonder where Leon Rice's son will end up.

Leon Rice's son Brock plays at Northwest Christian University in Eugene!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Cullen's family has been through a lot the past few years. Noodles getting fired was the least of it. The death threats that Cullen received at UNM were truly awful.

I know it worked out for Alford's kid, but I just generally think that kids are better off not playing for their parents beyond high school.
    Between the ages of 18-23, kids need to start individuating from their parents. Cullen should have not changed his commitment to New Mexico in the 1st place. I hope things work out for him, except when he's playing against GU.
    Death threats?

:[
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

I'm with Spy. Try to get that NIU big?
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    A skilled Euro big and GU fit like a glove. On a sidenote it's good to see you posting a lot again.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    He just committed to DePaul today. They hired his high school coach.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    He just committed to DePaul today. They hired his high school coach.
    This hire is paying off big time. They also land a 5 star for 2018.

Tyger Campbell commits to DePaul, hopes to reclassify to 2018

Five-star 2019 prospect Tyger Campbell committed to DePaul on Monday night.
    Campbell, a 5-foot-11 point guard, took an unofficial visit to the Blue Demons' campus over the weekend. He chose DePaul over Michigan State, UNLV, Tennessee and Alabama.
    DePaul recently hired Shane Heirman as an assistant coach. Heirman was Campbell's coach at La Lumiere School (Indiana) the past two seasons.
    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/r...ul-blue-demons

Gonzaga should hire LaVar Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Gonzaga should hire LaVar Ball.

Would he cut the Zags a break on a shoe deal?
    We didn't want the guy anyway.