Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible grad transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    What about Brase out of Princeton? Didn't play last season but season before stats look good.

Maybe we don't need a true center which is good, because there's no center on the list that comes close to matching Karno just considering stats and nothing else.

If any one knows anything about Brase please post because I'm too lazy today to find out for myself. Thanks!
    Brase actually missed the last 2 years with significant injuries. Idk what his list looks like.

Looks like he might be considering Richmond?

and Nebraska

I'd take a flyer on Rooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Meant returning, sorry for not being clear.
    ok

Quote Originally Posted by Coach Crazy View Post
    I'd take a flyer on Rooks.

Personally, i hope we could get better if we go the grad transfer route.. not much on the center forefront though

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Personally, i hope we could get better if we go the grad transfer route.. not much on the center forefront though
    I understand that Rooks is not high on pat people's list. But...defensively, he has a similar BPM to that of Shem. And he did that at Cal, with Cuonzo's style.

His footwork is not as good as Shem's, nor his handles. He seems to be a bit awkward in his post moves and doesn't necessarily get himself in the right position part of the time. Nor does he have Shem's shot.

HAVING SAID THAT: if he had that kind of defensively value at Cal, I would be interested to see how that translates to Few's system. And he posted similar ORtg to that of Shem.

With Rooks, you get a paint filler. And his USG% is low. So, you might be able to plug him in and still get some very nice efficiency.

Not to mention the fact that you restore some balance to the lineup, and while you'll be adding more motion to the offense this season. You don't have to give up as much of the screen/action that you thought you thought.

Worth looking into.

I understand that Rooks is not high on pat people's list. But...defensively, he has a similar BPM to that of Shem. And he did that at Cal, with Cuonzo's style.

His footwork is not as good as Shem's, nor his handles. He seems to be a bit awkward in his post moves and doesn't necessarily get himself in the right position part of the time. Nor does he have Shem's shot.

HAVING SAID THAT: if he had that kind of defensively value at Cal, I would be interested to see how that translates to Few's system. And he posted similar ORtg to that of Shem.

With Rooks, you get a paint filler. And his USG% is low. So, you might be able to plug him in and still get some very nice efficiency.

Not to mention the fact that you restore some balance to the lineup, and while you'll be adding more motion to the offense this season. You don't have to give up as much of the screen/action that you thought you thought.

Worth looking into.

Why bother with a stiff like Rooks ? Paint filler? Edwards is a paint filler and he has more skills than Rooks. Rooks numbers are pathetic. Almost a certainty Few wouldn`t waste a scholarship on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Ray Bowles leaving Pacific is pretty decent blow to them...he was a pretty solid player there.
    His name caught my eye as well. Significant loss for Pacific.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Default Possible grad transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by doctorzag View Post
    Why bother with a stiff like Rooks ? Paint filler? Edwards is a paint filler and he has more skills than Rooks. Rooks numbers are pathetic. Almost a certainty Few wouldn`t waste a scholarship on him.
    I would encourage you to look at the numbers that matter. Ryan had one year where he got any kind of minutes, and on some level, he was a net negative.

If you were to double Rooks' minutes and he still produced at the same efficiency, he'd be nearly as valuable as Shem from a defensive perspective. And in terms of ORtg, they'd be about the same.

A player like Kameron Rooks won't be as pretty as Shem, but he'd still get you some numbers. That's all that matters.

Again, Gonzaga's system would most likely make
    Kameron a more valuable center. Even if his OBPM were not to raise at all, he'd still be a valuable rotation piece that allows you to maintain some of what you had last year. But there is a possibility his offensive value increases, due to the fact that he'd be passing out the deep post to open shooters and cutters.

I would encourage you to look at the numbers that matter. Ryan had one year where he got any kind of minutes, and on some level, he was a net negative.

If you were to double Rooks' minutes and he still produced at the same efficiency, he'd be nearly as valuable as Shem from a defensive perspective. And in terms of ORtg, they'd be about the same.

A player like Kameron Rooks won't be as pretty as Shem, but he'd still get you some numbers. That's all that matters.

Again, Gonzaga's system would most likely make
    Kameron a more valuable center. Even if his OBPM were not to raise at all, he'd still be a valuable rotation piece that allows you to maintain some of what you had last year. But there is a possibility his offensive value increases, due to the fact that he'd be passing out the deep post to open shooters and cutters.

Looking at his boxscore from this past season, it looks like he played a lot, then got hurt and lost minutes as he came back. He's got great size and an NBA pedigree bloodline, but having lived in LA when his dad played for the Clippers, Sean Rooks did not seem to have the passion or fire for bball, it was like he played because he was tall, but he was was skilled. I wonder if his son is the same way. That being said, he's got great size and some skill and could be a useful backup for Larsen. Still want TT from OSU, but that seems like a pipe dream.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Looking at his boxscore from this past season, it looks like he played a lot, then got hurt and lost minutes as he came back. He's got great size and an NBA pedigree bloodline, but having lived in LA when his dad played for the Clippers, Sean Rooks did not seem to have the passion or fire for bball, it was like he played because he was tall, but he was was skilled. I wonder if his son is the same way. That being said, he's got great size and some skill and could be a useful backup for Larsen. Still want TT from OSU, but that seems like a pipe dream.
    Spy. I am surprised your not all over the big Canadian from New Mexico State Tanveer Bhullar . 7-3 AND 355. He is a graduate transfer. Many sites do not have him listed as a graduate transfer but he is and well known by the Trianos . Also has had injury problems but would give us some rim protection off the bench. Check out his highlight film from last year on you tube. He does have some skills.

Spy. I am surprised your not all over the big Canadian from New Mexico State Tanveer Bhullar . 7-3 AND 355. He is a graduate transfer. Many sites do not have him listed as a graduate transfer but he is and well known by the Trianos . Also has had injury problems but would give us some rim protection off the bench. Check out his highlight film from last year on you tube. He does have some skills.
    He's so slow in todays basketball. His brother was obese but skilled, Tanver is fit but not so skilled.

Great find, doc.

Here's an article about him - http://www.lcsun-news.com/story/spor...gram/99777708/

I hadn't heard of him before, but he seems like the biggest size available to us as a grad transfer. Everyone has been searching for a grad transfer center, and he's probably as good as it gets. (I'd rather have Reid Travis, but he's a PF)

Doesn't look like this guy would get a ton of minutes, but his rim protection (and 5 available fouls) would help against big teams like Arizona next year (which by the way, any word on if we play them in Tucson or Spokane next year?)

If we get a traditional transfer like Chase Jeter, I'd love to see it matched up with a guy like Bhullar knowing we have the scholarships available.

Again, I have never seen this dude play and he averaged like 4 and 4 for NMSU, but he wants to play somewhere, has March Madness experience, and I bet we wants to go somewhere where he can contend, even if that means a bench role.

Although it's unlikely J3 leaves for the NBA, the very fact there is some risk means it's likely the coaching staff brings in a big for the upcoming season. I would think it'd be an attractive landing spot after Sabonis and Collins had so much success going to the next level.
    Last edited by ZagsObserver; 04-21-2017 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Typo

He's not a grad transfer but, what do you all think of Mount St. Mary's guard Elijah Long? I'm not sure how he fits with our group of guards going forward, considering the high hopes for Jesse Wade and us pursuing Brandon Williams hard, but in my mind he's one of the most interesting transfers on the market. Averaged 15 PPG 5RPG and 4APG last as a sophomore. Little undersized, but man does he have a wicked handle. My guess is that we won't go after him, but just thought I'd throw his name in the mix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DBXuIDyXQE

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post
    He's not a grad transfer but, what do you all think of Mount St. Mary's guard Elijah Long? I'm not sure how he fits with our group of guards going forward, considering the high hopes for Jesse Wade and us pursuing Brandon Williams hard, but in my mind he's one of the most interesting transfers on the market. Averaged 15 PPG 5RPG and 4APG last as a sophomore. Little undersized, but man does he have a wicked handle. My guess is that we won't go after him, but just thought I'd throw his name in the mix.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...ghlight=elijah

He's definitely in the mix.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by Worthington View Post

He's a stud! Plus he's Canadian, the brother of Naz long from Iowa State.

Move along, nothing happening on this thread. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Move along, nothing happening on this thread. Sadly.
    Fortunately there's plenty "happening" where it matters. Thankfully.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Fortunately there's plenty "happening" where it matters. Thankfully.
    As John Sacrimoni says, "Speak."

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    As John Sacrimoni says, "Speak."
    Elijah Brown and Chase Jeter

Noah Dickerson staying at Washington

Elijah Brown and Chase Jeter
    These are both acceptable. Very much. Would like to see a grad big or a late '17 recruit at the 5, though.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Believe you're thinking of Elijah Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Believe you're thinking of Elijah Brown.
    Whoops, multiple Elijahs.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V