Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Possible grad transfer?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    He's the best player in the MWC but I don't think he's ever played for any Canadian national teams
    I agree...I am pretty sure he hasn't. I am more curious if anyone in Canada even knows he is Canadian....
    Hopefully he is on someone's radar....he looks like one of those late blooming types that catches people off guard.

I'll claim him as Canadian right here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo13 View Post
    I agree...I am pretty sure he hasn't. I am more curious if anyone in Canada even knows he is Canadian....
    Hopefully he is on someone's radar....he looks like one of those late blooming types that catches people off guard.

I'll claim him as Canadian right here and now.
    Apparently he grew up in Vancouver and we went to Phoenix for high school. I'd be shocked if no one from Basketball Canada didn't know he was Canadian. Who am I kidding no I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Apparently he grew up in Vancouver and we went to Phoenix for high school. I'd be shocked if no one from Basketball Canada didn't know he was Canadian. Who am I kidding no I wouldn't.
    I am glad you are not surprised. First Canada Basketball is majorly Toronto-centric. Vancouver is a Siberian outpost to most of the Canadian basketball community (ok it is not that bad, but take my point).

I am actually originally from Vancouver - haven't lived there in 15 years, but I have an irrational soft spot for my Vancouver boys to the point of vastly over hyping guys from Vancouver. Manroop Clair and Jermaine Haley are my most recent shameful embarrassments....I have never heard a peep about Brandon Clarke, so my guess is he left for Phoenix when he was pretty young.

It looks like this kid wasn't much of a bball player until his senior year of high school. He wasn't recruited much at all (According to all major recruiting sites, SJSU was the only school to offer Clarke out of high school) and really only popped on anyone's radar these last two years at SJSU. All together he could easily not be on Canada Basketball's radar. But I am not "in" the community - so I really have no idea (I'm just a distant fan).

How about Chad Rykhoek. 6-11 grad transfer from Memphis. Nice bench addition for some size and help with foul trouble.