Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GREAT season!

Great season. Thanks Zags!

Very very special year
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I feel so bad for the seniors, but this is just the beginning.

Proud of the Zags.

Yeah enjoy it while we can I guess, but I doubt Mark Few will ever get a chance at redemption like UNC did ..

We had that game. Up 1 with less than 2 minutes to play and we couldn't get a stop .. we let Berry kill us all freakin night and then the AND1 on NWG by Jackson .. then we went full ###### mode ..

Every player, coach, and fan of UNC knew NWG was gonna try to score for a 8th straight possession

I can't believe Mark Few didn't dial up something down low or a drive a dish .. terrible terrible decision by NWG

Ugh.. I hate that we let it slip away. It's the ONLY game UNC won all year when they got out rebounded .. it's the ONLY game all year we got out shot % wise...

Especially considering how it's damn near impossible to get back to this point ..

Awesome season! Took the bluest of the blue bloods down to the wire! Proud of the team and coaches.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so proud of our team and coaches. A friend of mine who bleeds Kentucky blue called to say our team is a class act and will be back to the Final Four next year!

I will so miss our players who will be moving on and I wish them blessings for their future.

Thanks for choosing to play for our school.

Quote Originally Posted by uZiGiZaG View Post
    Yeah enjoy it while we can I guess, but I doubt Mark Few will ever get a chance at redemption like UNC did ..

We had that game. Up 1 with less than 2 minutes to play and we couldn't get a stop .. we let Berry kill us all freakin night and then the AND1 on NWG by Jackson .. then we went full ###### mode ..

Every player, coach, and fan of UNC knew NWG was gonna try to score for a 8th straight possession

I can't believe Mark Few didn't dial up something down low or a drive a dish .. terrible terrible decision by NWG

Ugh.. I hate that we let it slip away. It's the ONLY game UNC won all year when they got out rebounded .. it's the ONLY game all year we got out shot % wise...

Especially considering how it's damn near impossible to get back to this point ..
    Go chill out and please get off the board for a bit. Thanks!

Our best days are ahead of us, and we move forward with no demons to exorcise.

Huge thank you to this team. You showed the CBB world that GU is made of the right stuff, and I couldn't be more proud to be a fan, especially tomorrow.

NWG: Hold your head up. You are a huge reason we got to where we did. Ice that ankle, and get busy next season.

Mt K: Thank you for coming to GU. You will go down as one of the best and most legendary GU players. Next year you will be so missed. I'm so happy for you that your recovery from injury went the way it did. Go make some money and do what you love. GU is always here for you.

Mathews: I wish we had you for your whole college career. That shot against WVU was clutch, and it's the highlight of this tournament, but it is not the sum total of what you'll be remembered for. Thank you for ending your career at GU. Zag for life.

Rem: Who needs cheer leaders when you have The Rem Bakamus on the bench? Beyond your sideline antics, I loved watching you play when you did. Thank you for being a big part of this program. Best of luck to you from here on.

To everyone else: This is just a new beginning. We are not a flash in the pan. Two decades of heat rising will not go away that quickly. Reward yourselves for an incredible 2016-17 season and an historic NCAA tournament for GU, and I will cheer just as hard for you this November as I did tonight.

And thank you to the coaches and staff. What a great program. A real gem for the school and the Spokane community.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I watched the only college TEAM I follow the only one I care about play in April....for once I knew when the season would end....not the outcome any of us wanted but what a fantastic ride..and we know....we all know the Zags are just starting to show the EAST Coast what Gonzaga basketball is all about....the off season will be shorter than ever before and if you think we were good this year....wait until next year....what a great year and what a great TEAM....Thanks Karno you are and always will be a great Zag....thank you Jordan Matthews you brought it "Big Shot Bob"....Thank you coach and staff..

Go!! Zags!!!

too soon man...to soon.

Quote Originally Posted by WBM View Post
    Huge thank you to this team. You showed the CBB world that GU is made of the right stuff, and I couldn't be more proud to be a fan, especially tomorrow.

NWG: Hold your head up. You are a huge reason we got to where we did. Ice that ankle, and get busy next season.

Mt K: Thank you for coming to GU. You will go down as one of the best and most legendary GU players. Next year you will be so missed. I'm so happy for you that your recovery from injury went the way it did. Go make some money and do what you love. GU is always here for you.

Mathews: I wish we had you for your whole college career. That shot against WVU was clutch, and it's the highlight of this tournament, but it is not the sum total of what you'll be remembered for. Thank you for ending your career at GU. Zag for life.

Rem: Who needs cheer leaders when you have The Rem Bakamus on the bench? Beyond your sideline antics, I loved watching you play when you did. Thank you for being a big part of this program. Best of luck to you from here on.

To everyone else: This is just a new beginning. We are not a flash in the pan. Two decades of heat rising will not go away that quickly. Reward yourselves for an incredible 2016-17 season and an historic NCAA tournament for GU, and I will cheer just as hard for you this November as I did tonight.

And thank you to the coaches and staff. What a great program. A real gem for the school and the Spokane community.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    Very very well said

What a team! What a year. They were so great to watch. It game me so many positive moments with my folks.
    Priceless!!

This hurts. It hurt to be in that stadium. It hurts that I didn't win my 40k future. But damn am I proud of our guys. Hell of a ride. They brought such joy to us this year. A year we will never forget. Come on back NWG and ZC!! Go zags. Zagsfanforlife

I have been following the Zag's Basketball since my son enrolled in 2003.
    This team is the G.O.A.T for me
    What other team compares?

love this team

Hell of a run. Looking forward to an absolutely loaded team next season. Thanks Zags!

Did Few kick your puppy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Don't call it a comeback....

Great season. My pride in Gonzaga exceeds the disappointment of losing a game. #gozags

The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Very very well said
    Yes! I can say at seventy four that I've never felt as close to a team as I have this year's Zag's.........as players and men.
    What an outstanding group of kids. And damn, I guess life goes on without Karno, but right now I kind of wish it couldn't.

A season for the ages. Proud alum. Congrats to team and coaches.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Zags are champs to me!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    Yes! I can say at seventy four that I've never felt as close to a team as I have this year's Zag's.........as players and men.
    What an outstanding group of kids. And damn, I guess life goes on without Karno, but right now I kind of wish it couldn't.
    Will be missed

Will be fun to watch his game continue

Congrats to the best program in the nation.

Go ZAGS!