Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GREAT season!

Hope NWG has one more season in him. Hope Collins stays, he need some work. Great bunch of guys. Congrats on an amazing season.
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird

Truly a magnificent season! Hold your heads up high, overcame so many obsticals it was amazing! I've had so much fun watching every game, and just the journey through the year! Everything about the team just blows my mind, you guys did everything the right way and damn near won the whole thing! Congratulations for just an amazing season!

Foundation made stronger tonight... Seniors, whether here for 1 year or 5... You are Zags for life and your contributions will never be forgotten.

To paraphrase "The Wizard of OZ".... Shem... I am going to miss you the most.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by WBM View Post
    Huge thank you to this team. You showed the CBB world that GU is made of the right stuff, and I couldn't be more proud to be a fan, especially tomorrow.

NWG: Hold your head up. You are a huge reason we got to where we did. Ice that ankle, and get busy next season.

Mt K: Thank you for coming to GU. You will go down as one of the best and most legendary GU players. Next year you will be so missed. I'm so happy for you that your recovery from injury went the way it did. Go make some money and do what you love. GU is always here for you.

Mathews: I wish we had you for your whole college career. That shot against WVU was clutch, and it's the highlight of this tournament, but it is not the sum total of what you'll be remembered for. Thank you for ending your career at GU. Zag for life.

Rem: Who needs cheer leaders when you have The Rem Bakamus on the bench? Beyond your sideline antics, I loved watching you play when you did. Thank you for being a big part of this program. Best of luck to you from here on.

To everyone else: This is just a new beginning. We are not a flash in the pan. Two decades of heat rising will not go away that quickly. Reward yourselves for an incredible 2016-17 season and an historic NCAA tournament for GU, and I will cheer just as hard for you this November as I did tonight.

And thank you to the coaches and staff. What a great program. A real gem for the school and the Spokane community.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    very well said, amen!

Spy: It's a given.

- what a year? only the best ever, that is it, best ever!

- feel sorry for the one's on the sour grapes thread, and lousy ref's thread..............hey this was the best season ever, and not just the win's the final four ceiling being shattered, but what a great bunch of players that we will cherish in our hearts and minds forever.

Unbelievable year and unbelievable team that will never be forgotten. Thanks for all of it. You brought together Zag Nation in a way that can't be put into words. Thank you.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by uZiGiZaG View Post
    Yeah enjoy it while we can I guess, but I doubt Mark Few will ever get a chance at redemption like UNC did ..

We had that game. Up 1 with less than 2 minutes to play and we couldn't get a stop .. we let Berry kill us all freakin night and then the AND1 on NWG by Jackson .. then we went full ###### mode ..

Every player, coach, and fan of UNC knew NWG was gonna try to score for a 8th straight possession

I can't believe Mark Few didn't dial up something down low or a drive a dish .. terrible terrible decision by NWG

Ugh.. I hate that we let it slip away. It's the ONLY game UNC won all year when they got out rebounded .. it's the ONLY game all year we got out shot % wise...

Especially considering how it's damn near impossible to get back to this point ..

Quote Originally Posted by uZiGiZaG View Post
    Yeah enjoy it while we can I guess, but I doubt Mark Few will ever get a chance at redemption like UNC did ..

We had that game. Up 1 with less than 2 minutes to play and we couldn't get a stop .. we let Berry kill us all freakin night and then the AND1 on NWG by Jackson .. then we went full ###### mode ..

Every player, coach, and fan of UNC knew NWG was gonna try to score for a 8th straight possession

I can't believe Mark Few didn't dial up something down low or a drive a dish .. terrible terrible decision by NWG

Ugh.. I hate that we let it slip away. It's the ONLY game UNC won all year when they got out rebounded .. it's the ONLY game all year we got out shot % wise...

Especially considering how it's damn near impossible to get back to this point ..
    Wow, I think I know you, your name is Dick, right?
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Great year guys and gals !!
    Millions more now love the Zags.
    Be Proud !! We are of you.
    See you on the flip side...

Hold your head high. This program is just getting started
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

That was an incredible ride this season.... I believe this program has been built in a way that it will just keep getting better and better and like NWG said tonight, they left the door cracked for another Zag team to break through and win it all. It may not be next year, but this team will be back in this situation again someday soon.

GU Basketball is All Class. And tough too. Great season as always.

The guys rocked it. Thanks for the ride. And thanks for doing it with class. Proud of you.

A very special season - to see such quality basketball so consistently played all season long, right up to the National Championship game. One of the greatest college basketball seasons I've every personally witnessed.

Thank you Zags for the time of our lives!
    Parlez-vous français?

Great year. Best team ever. Thanks for the wonderful ride. Refs blew the game.
    Love the zags for life

A BIG HEARTY congratulations to this fine group of young men. What a great season even tho it didn't quite finish the way we all hoped it would.

SHem, thank you for five great years of watching you. We're so glad you recovered the way you did from your back injury. Whatever you do
    you will ALWAYS be in our hearts. And you will succeed and be loved wherever you go.

Jordan, thanks for joining our family. In that one year you've shown yourself to be a true ZAG. Good luck in your future.

Rem, thanks for all you've done for this team in your years here. You've earned you ZAG status in all you've done.

The rest of the team hold your heads high and come back for another run next year. Final Four is no longer just a pipe dream. You
    can make it there again and win it all.

We love you one and all. Just remember you "have gone where no ZAG has gone before".

They gave it their all. Its all I can and I love these kids.
    Love the zags for life

It is the dichotomy of college hoops. You experience the joy of watching a player grow and yet you have to say goodbye at some point. Whether it is the 1 year player like Jordan or the 5th yr miracle like Shem... you have to say goodbye. The best part is knowing that each and every player that goes through will remain connected, because the focus has always been on the growth of the program not the individual. This is something special that all Zag fans share. Players,Coaches, School, and Fans all united for a common goal. This is something special that really is the exception not the norm.
    GO ZAGS

Default Congratulations Zags for a great, great season,,,

and all the wonderful memories I will treasure forever. I feel bad for you guys tonight for that loss. I hated the game. Worse officiated game ever, and you guys got screwed. I just don't feel like being politically correct. A national championship game deserves better refs. Anyway, I know you are hurting and we hurt with you. But again. Thanks to all from coaches to players to managers and assistants and all the rest. One hell of a season.

Congrats to Mark Few for being named Coach of the year.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

This is how you want a championship game to be. Exciting and both teams invested. I love this team not only for their basketball playing but for what good people they are and how well they represented Gonzaga. Class act. Couldn't not be prouder of them

Thank you Bulldogs for the most enjoyable basketball season of my life as a fan. Going to miss Karnowski and Rem a.k.a. Shrek and Donkey who seem like they have been here forever. Going to miss Jordan who in just a short time made a name for himself and not just as a former teletubbies child star ("bounce bounce bounce"). At the beginning of this season there was a thread that asked who would step up for this team and take the clutch shots-we know that person was NWG. Come back for your senior year.

JW3 was the X factor, Tillie and collins were the wonder twins. Melson and Perk helped power the best defense we have ever had and above it all was the coaching staff that had their best season too.

Who can forget the glimpses of the future with our new fan favorite RUI who made garbage time must see TV.

What a great season. Thanks everybody.

Go Zags!

ZZ

Here, here & hear, hear. No Zag team has taken GU & Zag Nation so far - by a significant & notable margin. I'm so proud of the whole lot, even in this loss, that I'm beaming with pride & expectations for tomorrow. Thank you, thank you, thank you, Few & crew for such an admirable program to be a fan of. What a fine season! Best of luck and future rewards to all in the Zag Family who may not be @ GU next season. And, thank you once again! If short, I can't thank you all enough. Go Zags!

Thank you zag players and Zag Nation. This team's success is a huge step upward and forward and will be a milestone year in the story of this program.