Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GREAT season!

Quote Originally Posted by UABZag View Post
    Awesome season! Took the bluest of the blue bloods down to the wire! Proud of the team and coaches.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    UABZag? Who knew? We should've caught the game together, I had to watch with some Tar Heels at J. Clyde.

Wow. What an exhilarating run. This team is a Hall of Fame team. They set exceptional standards of excellence and achieved them, dragging us fans along for a ride of a lifetime. This was a miracle season.

Thank you, Zags!
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. You gave all of us a lifetime of memories.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

I'm a Pittsburgh native (1963 graduate of Gonzaga Prep School for Boys in Washington, DC) who has had the joy of following the Steelers, the Pirates, and the Penguins to World Championships. It is a unique thrill and this Zag season will be added to my 'sports thrill list'. Thank you Zag Team for working so hard to give this amazing gift to your fans. YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL . . . enjoy your accomplishment for the remainder of your days . . . and come back and visit often, you will always be welcome.

GO ZAGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok. I've had a few hours now and I'm better. The fact that North freakin' Carolina had to "beat Gonzaga" to win the motherf'ing "National Championship" is amazing! What a great season! What a great run! I hope we put the pain of tonight behind us and realize what a great ride these young men have taken us on! Thank you!

My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    Ok. I've had a few hours now and I'm better. The fact that North freakin' Carolina had to "beat Gonzaga" to win the motherf'ing "National Championship" is amazing! What a great season! What a great run! I hope we put the pain of tonight behind us and realize what a great ride these young men have taken us on! Thank you!

Yep, at first it felt a bit awkward, but Gaels everywhere were cheering their hearts out for the Zags. You guys had a fantastic season and your performance made us all very proud. Congratulations, our hats are off to you.

Great season! The Zags made the final four and had a good chance to win the championship game with a lead under 2 minutes to go. This team set a new bar for Zags teams to come and I believe we'll have more final four success in the near future as a result. Thank you Zags!
    It's not the size of the Bulldog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the Bulldog!

GO ZAGS!!!

Bob Valvano‏ @espnVshow 1h1 hour ago
    Amidst the wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth, Mark Few continues to set the standard for dignity and class. Hall of famer coach & man.

Rush the Court‏ @rushthecourt 10h10 hours ago
    Few, on this wknd: "Emotionally moved on multiple occasions. [...] over 100 former players here. It was a great shared experience."

Pat Forde‏Verified account @YahooForde 1h1 hour ago
    Also worth noting that Mark Few not only refused to blame the refs, he praised them. Lost with class and perspective and accountability.

Andy Buhler‏ @a_buhla 7h7 hours ago
    Zags show impressive poise, perspective in wake of National Championship loss

Sam Adams‏ @SWXSamAdams 7h7 hours ago
    Sam Adams Retweeted SWXRightNow
    One of the toughest parts of my job is interviewing players right after a gut wrenching loss. Their poise never ceases to amaze me.

Jeff Eisenberg‏ @JeffEisenberg 10h10 hours ago
    To a man, Gonzaga has credited North Carolina and refused to blame the refs. No surprise to see this group handle a tough loss with class.

Marty Wilson‏Verified account @MartyWilson4 10h10 hours ago
    Great respect for how Mark Few, his staff and the @ZagMBB represented the @WCChoops @WCCsports all season.

The best ever.....class and dignity till the end.

Thanks 2016-17 Bulldogs....forever to be known as first Gonzaga team to make the Final Four!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    The best ever.....class and dignity till the end.

Thanks 2016-17 Bulldogs....forever to be known as first Gonzaga team to make the Final Four!
    May we show the same class and dignity. Not sure I've met the standard, but I'm trying.

Had a talk with my 15 YO son this morning. He's played competitive sports for 8+ years, on the losing side at least half the time. I told him this was a day to vent a bit, tomorrow we look ahead.

Proud of this team... no ifs, ands, or buts. They put it all on the line and almost reach nirvana.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Extremely, extremely proud of this team. What a special and unbelievable run and something I hope none of us ever forgets. The best is still yet to come for this program.

We have Arrived! We have earned Recognition. And most and best of all, We are Clean, We are RESPECTED and we are Proud.

We lost a game, but we won hearts and minds. Hold you heads high, boys, nothing beats that. Nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Proud of this team... no ifs, ands, or buts. They put it all on the line and almost reach nirvana.
    Nirvana is coming soon. "People get ready, there's a train a coming. You don't need no baggage you just get on board.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I am SO thankful for this season. It was an amazing ride after 5 years with the team. I started to follow you guys when Przemek first came to Spokane. Back then I was struggling with academic basketball - never understood the hype, the competition level, rivalries etc.

Since, I learned a lot. I understand what Gonzaga is all about, I love academic basketball probably more than any European league ever. The level is crazy high, the stories, the people that create programs ... it's just a huge thing I will follow till my days are over - and believe me, I still have pleeenty of days to live to the fullest.

Anyway - thank you Gonzaga for being a part of my life last 5 years. I will stay here even after Przemek's departure as I said - once Zag, always Zag.

Go Zags!

So proud. Sooo very proud. Handled themselves like winners, through and through. A "good team" can't reach the heights they did, but they proved that a "great team" can.

*Aside, when UNC's sanctions come down and they get many get seasons' worth of wins voided, does that make us National Champs?

Probably the wrong place to kid.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

The greatest team, and the greatest season. Ever.