Thread: Thank You GUBoards!

Default Thank You GUBoards!

There are similar threads on the board, but not sure where this one would fit in.

I want to take a moment to thank everyone on the board, prior to the National Championship that we’ve all longed for and dreamed about. This year marks the 10th year that the Spokesman-Review has hosted the board (A great big thank you to them!) and there were several other fan forums prior to that time that many of you were also a part of. GU teams have become family, the Spokane community has become a family with the Zags, and I like to think this board has some family characteristics as well. I cannot say that my time on these boards over the past 15 years has been a waste of time (except my time in the now defunct OCC - which I’m now happy is no longer with us). Of all the other forums I’ve read, including recent opponents who have also been chasing school record advancements in the Tourney, there is NOTHING that resembles a group of people that have any sense of community or connection. I cannot be more proud of this team and the fans of this team. I admit that I get frustrated often with the negativity that arises when the slightest goes not according to plan, but at the end of the day, the common love of GU shines through. I can’t imagine another school in the country having a forum that talks specifically about the fans’ appreciation of current and especially past players that brought the team to the level it is today. Nearly every other board you read is just about the here and now and no respect for those who’ve gone before. That’s what I love about the GU fans, it’s more than just here and now, it’s about the GU family of players from current through to the distant past.

Other threads you’ll never see on other boards:
    - When / How did you become a fan? And to actually have people write lengthy heart-felt personal stories of how the University and the Team has influenced and effected their lives. It’s unheard of and I don’t want to take it for granted.

- This one’s for you. A thread dedicated to those who loved the school and team, but are no longer with us and not able to see the accomplishments they dreamed about. There is nothing more touching to me that this.

- Thanking all the former players who built GU. This shows to me that the fans on the board understand the long process that GU took to get where they are and understand that each former player had a role in the Team’s success in 2017. Without them, we wouldn’t be here.

So I’ll close by saying another Thank You to everyone on the board (and there's too many to list) who has made my time worthwhile and who share the love of GU as much as I do.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

This experience has had me filled with excitement (and nausea!) for this whole tournament and coming to this board has been very therapeutic. It's nice to read about these games I've been having so much fun with and so much anxiety over.It has also been helpful to have such great information, opinions, etc on things like recruits, Old Dogs, etc when I'm so excited that I want things about the program bouncing around in my head, if not the game I am so stressed over!

#notdoneyet

#onemorehandstand
    WE ARE G.U. tells the never-before-told story of the Kennel Club, the largest student group in Gonzaga Universitys 130-year history. The story includes rarely seen pictures from the Kennel Clubs earliest days as well as a gallery featuring every KC shirt, dating back to the 1984 original. Stories and quotes from former and current players, coaches and media members such as Digger Phelps, Dick Vitale and ESPN SportsCenter anchor Neil Everett round-out the tale.

Dittos! At the risk of sounding biased, the other boards left me wanting. Those sites weren't as easy to navigate, some were premium-only (how "blue blood" can you get), and there was a dearth of respect paid to the Zags. Usually, these displays were indicative of a serious lack of research, i.e. using the worn out memes that have been on display for over 15 years.

From reborn to jazz to hoopaholic to maynard, and so on, there's been a ton of excellent analysis routinely appearing on these forums.

For the umpteenth time over the past few weeks, my eyes have gotten moist, yet the deluge has not come...yet. That's a good thing, as my vision benefits when my contacts get a little extra fluid. I would have thought it would have come at the end of the Xavier game, then SC. The closest thing I got to getting emotional was stepping out on my front porch to holler, "Go Zags!" a few times. I was plenty loud at the end of the game, shouting, "are we now tough enough for you???"

I'll defer to Father Tony: to be continued...

Get's this guy all the way through a Montana mile high winter. Makes my day several times a day.

Thanks to everyone that makes the board possible and to all fellow posters for keeping it alive and strong!

This.
    Love the zags for life

This board has something for every Zag fan. The past, present and future! Go Zags

#runthetable

Yes! Thanks to this community, I've made connections with other generations of Zags and even reconnected with some of my old classmates. Its been a crazy mixed up experience being on every version of this board for the better part of the last 20 years and happy and grateful for it.

Special thanks to the mods for keeping this place mostly "safe and sane", to invoke a phrase associated with...legal fireworks sold in California in the mid-70s. Seems apt!
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

#WeHere
    “I don’t expect us to be perfect anytime soon,” guard Silas Melson said, “but one thing I do expect is trying to get better every day and playing tougher, harder and more physical than the opponent.”

I've been a part of a lot of boards over the years. The only one I've ever been on for 10 years is this one.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

You know this...
    THE GAELS ARE ROOTING FOR YOU.
    GOOD LUCK FRIENDS.
    Nevada Don

Yes, a very big thank you, and well spoken

This place is really starting to grow on me!

Cheers, everybody!

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

As a female (yes, I actually know for sure my gender), I have enjoyed being a part of this community.
    I have learned so much from fellow members and I come here for sanity after listening to the talking heads on ESPN.
    Thank you all for putting up with some of my rookie questions and comments at times.
    GO ZAGS!

Yes, thanks to The Review for keeping this up & running.

And to all the poster's that bring so much knowledge. It is appreciated.
    "I think we're all Bozos on this bus."

The boards for Gaels and Santa Clara are both pulling for WCC's National Champion....

Quote Originally Posted by zagcheer78 View Post
    As a female (yes, I actually know for sure my gender), I have enjoyed being a part of this community.
    I have learned so much from fellow members and I come here for sanity after listening to the talking heads on ESPN.
    Thank you all for putting up with some of my rookie questions and comments at times.
    GO ZAGS!
    Good for my daily laugh. Thank u
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Many thanks to all contributors. I enjoy this on-line community very much. It's a better place when so many of you weigh in with story links, analysis, photos, and more.

Thanks again for another great season.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek