Thread: Something to wonder at before the game

Default Something to wonder at before the game

i went through some old emails and found one I sent out to my brothers in 2012 when Shem was in high school. The email included this you tube of Shem playing high school basketball in Poland. I think you all will enjoy it. Think about the journey he has been on coming from Poland mastering the English language, the culture and his basketball skills. Then his journey after his serious back injury when it looked like his career was in peril. Who would have thought at the time of this video that his last game as a Zag would be for the national title against North Carolina.

Enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQkkmKvLLvQ

Awesome. Thank you.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Hadn't seen this one...seems like Josh and Shem are pretty tight! The video of Shem down 60 pounds was eye-opening. What a comeback he has made!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Thats great. Thanks for sharing. Shem has really developed his skills-- although you could see a bit of it in those clips. Love shem.. will go down as an all time great because of his stories and wins. Lets bring home that Natty!!!

It's funny... I seriously wondered if he could dunk when he first came here - seems like he never did at first.

Thanks BW. Nice to see the "young" Shem again.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.