• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Scout 100 Recruit Daejon Davis Discusses His Upcoming Visit To Gonzaga

He sounds like an Oregon lean.....but you never know.

Hoping the Kennel Club brings it the way the Oregon students did to make him feel welcome and needed.

Stay up to date with all the College sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

Comment

• cggonzaga
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
      Scout 100 Recruit Daejon Davis Discusses His Upcoming Visit To Gonzaga

He sounds like an Oregon lean.....but you never know.

Hoping the Kennel Club brings it the way the Oregon students did to make him feel welcome and needed.

http://www.scout.com/college/gonzaga...-gonzaga-visit
      Bump. Hopefully the students are planning some kind of chant for him and Kispert. Recruits love that stuff.

Comment

• Murphy outgo lifer
        Kennel Club
        • Aug 2015

Very disappointed that the Kennel Club did not do anything for Davis.

Comment

• HenneZag
          Zag for Life
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
          Very disappointed that the Kennel Club did not do anything for Davis.
          Bummer. I know in past we did something for GBJ, but in recent years not much for recruits on hand. You have to think they know their is a high profile recruit in house. I know GU takes a more passive approach but a lil love is ok.
          America's Team!

Comment

• MDABE80
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

We're ok out front with or without him bt the classy thing to do would be to welcome him warmly. I don't understand why the kids arent fired up over the possible newcomers. Spoiled now? It doesn't look good. So easy to look good if the KC would organize something for the touring faces.

Comment

• KStyles
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by MDABE80 View Post
              We're ok out front with or without him bt the classy thing to do would be to welcome him warmly. I don't understand why the kids arent fired up over the possible newcomers. Spoiled now? It doesn't look good. So easy to look good if the KC would organize something for the touring faces.
              Not chanting doesn't mean not fired up.

NCAA has rules against publicizing recruiting visits. Members of the institution chanting his name could be deemed publicizing and a secondary violation.

Comment

• MDABE80
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Please...........welcome him warmly hardly qualities..

Comment

• kyle dixon
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

Davis

I hope the Zags land him! Excited to see how this plays out!

Comment

• ZagOD7540
                    Kennel Club
                    • Jan 2016

To me, Davis seemed very disinterested throughout. He just kind of sat back in his seat the whole time Never seemed thrilled with anything.
                    Kispert seemed excited. He had his phone out videoing the Kennel Club going crazy. Saw him play this summer with the Zags. He's going to be a great add to the program. Davis will go elsewhere I bet.

Comment

• raise the zag
                      Zag for Life
                      • May 2011

Originally posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
                      Davis will go elsewhere I bet.
                      Shoot for the *stars*, yet felt this way from the beginning.

Something about the relationship doesn't feel right…can't explain.

Maybe its a gut feeling, but Daejon feels more like trying to prove we can recruit highly rated guys from UW's backyard or something…just an unusual target, imho.

Could be a sign of things to come?

I feel this kid has been UW's or Oregon's (Zona?) for months now…but that's just my feeling...

Comment

• Zagdawg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Oregon --IMO

Comment

• DukeSilver
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Nov 2013

Not sure why we're being so dismissive ... He would be a huge get for the program - highly-skilled, highly-rated kid who seemed genuinely excited about visiting GU in the interviews that were done ahead of this weekend. Hard to predict what the deciding factors will be for any recruit, but an interpretation of his demeanor during Kraziness is far from a smoking-gun one way or the other.

I, for one, hope he's a Zag this time next year.

Comment

• Murphy outgo lifer
                            Kennel Club
                            • Aug 2015

Originally posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
                            To me, Davis seemed very disinterested throughout. He just kind of sat back in his seat the whole time Never seemed thrilled with anything.
                            Kispert seemed excited. He had his phone out videoing the Kennel Club going crazy. Saw him play this summer with the Zags. He's going to be a great add to the program. Davis will go elsewhere I bet.
                            I thought the same thing originally, however, after looking at interviews and other things on Davis I believe that he is a very laid back person. Like others have said he has said some great things about Gonzaga in the lead up to Kraziness and he has tweeted and retweeted a lot of things about Gonzaga and Kraziness (more so than other schools from what I could tell). I agree that he probably has a favorite at this point but I'm not ready to say that isn't the zags (one of the best program in the country for combo guards in my opinion).
                            Last edited by Murphy outgo lifer; 10-10-2016, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                              Zag for Life
                              • May 2008

I'm not going to pretend to have any idea what Davis or any other kid is thinking. With that said, I don't get the feeling that we are really in the running on this one even though he visited.

Originally posted by Murphy outgo lifer View Post
                              I thought the same thing originally, however, after looking at interviews and other things on Davis I believe that he is a very laid back person. Like others have said he has said some great things about Gonzaga in the lead up to Kraziness and he has tweeted and retweeted a lot of things about Gonzaga and Kraziness (more so than other schools from what I could tell). I agree that he probably has a favorite at this point but I'm not ready to say that isn't the zags (one of the best program in the country for combo guards in my opinion).

Comment

• Zags_Fanatic
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2012

Oregon just picked up a commitment from Top 100 SG Victor Bailey Jr. Can't rule out the possibility that it will affect Daejon's decision if he was leaning Oregon. Bailey's commitment was pretty unexpected.

Comment

Working...
                                X