Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This one's for you, "El Voce" .... and a host of others

Quote Originally Posted by Zagcity View Post
    All the Zags discussion's I had with Sammy and I never new he was Zag77, wow. He was here for a good part of the ride and is sorely missed. I'm sure he's rooting from above. Here's to Sammy!
    Cheers!
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Mary McCann, who left us a few short months ago deserves to be mentioned in this thread. Her husband Jack is "carrying on" but the entire Gonzaga family misses Mary.

Without intending to be part of a Hallelujah chorus, my shout out is to my classmate at two institutions of higher learning, Zag77, Sam Cozza. It would be fitting that perfection at the foul line would be the key to a Bulldog victory. Because I prize my anonymity, Sam never knew who Bowser "really" was [who does?], even though I used to make snide remarks about garbanzo beans and pasta in replies to some of his posts, hoping he would guess. A perfect straight man for any comedy routine with a nice chuckle to boot. Its too bad he isn't here for us to see his reaction to a GU Final Four. I saw a thread about him about the time he passed. I got some stories to tell, but it didn't feel right to share them. Still doesn't.

I too miss Father Tony, which leads me to my post. He presided over the wedding of my god sister and her father, and my god father, Edmund Ganley, would be so proud of this team and Coach Few. Originally from
    New Jersey, followed by a long career in LA, he moved up to Spokane and put all three daughters through Gonzaga. He's the best man I've ever known-just a fine human being-who was taken from us way too soon. I miss him but am so grateful knowing he's proud of his Zags! I'll be cheering with you, Ed.
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
    Without intending to be part of a Hallelujah chorus, my shout out is to my classmate at two institutions of higher learning, Zag77, Sam Cozza. It would be fitting that perfection at the foul line would be the key to a Bulldog victory. Because I prize my anonymity, Sam never knew who Bowser "really" was [who does?], even though I used to make snide remarks about garbanzo beans and pasta in replies to some of his posts, hoping he would guess. A perfect straight man for any comedy routine with a nice chuckle to boot. Its too bad he isn't here for us to see his reaction to a GU Final Four. I saw a thread about him about the time he passed. I got some stories to tell, but it didn't feel right to share them. Still doesn't.
    I got to know Sam over the last 4 or 5 years .... he was a true Zag through and through.

Great comments GZ!
    If you can't handle the confusion, stay out of the Foo!

Uber on GuBoards: "Pathetic. We've got posters just sleepwalking through threads."

No Foo for You!