Thread: Donny Daniels Hire Was So Huge

Default Donny Daniels Hire Was So Huge

Donny Daniels coming to GU was a big time hire. He has done such a great job with our low post players since his arrival. Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by demian View Post
    Donny Daniels coming to GU was a big time hire. He has done such a great job with our low post players since his arrival. Enough said.
    QFT this hire among others are one of the main contributors to our success.

A classy fellow whose temperament and character are so well suited to Gonzaga. We are fortunate to have Coach Daniels, and I fear we may not have him too much longer.

I heart Donny Daniels.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

The quiet warrior. Always deferring to those around him. And, as we climb in national respect, I suspect his contacts in California are just going to produce more and more fruit.

I, too, worry he'll be hired away soon enough. Though, he's been a head coach before and may know just how wonderful his situation is, part of a family, winning, stability. He might be one that feels more fulfilled and valuable here than leading another program.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by demian View Post
    He's also a great recruiter. He also seems like someone who communicates well with the players. I see them always talking to him. Oh! and he seems to be a real relaxed person and communicates that to the players on the bench.
    Last edited by Reborn; 03-27-2017 at 08:21 AM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I think there was some belief that when he came here he would magically open the floodgates of SOCAL recruiting. His prowess with coaching bigs was kind of lost between that and all the focus on Olynyk's redshirt growth with Travis Knight. But since he has been here, GU has evolved to where it routinely puts big men into the NBA; Sacre, Olynyk, Wiltjer, Sabonis.

GU has turned into Big U since he has been here.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I would like to see that young lady on the track. Looks like she has some wheels.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

And he wisely passed on Malik Pope, a big time flop.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I would like to see that young lady on the track. Looks like she has some wheels.
    Seriously, if she impeded josh, what's the call? Possession, 2 shots, 2 points?

Daniels will also be useful this weekend. He has coached on final four teams before.....both at Utah and UCLA. Believe me, the hardest part about this thing is going to be the media and attention onslaught that Gonzaga is about to experience. It's like nothing they have ever seen, and knowing Few, I know he's going to grow tired of it quickly.

There is a delicate balance between keeping the team focused and grounded, but also allowing them to enjoy the experience. Hopefully Daniels and other big time head coaches within the profession who are friends with Few will assist him. He's in unchartered waters.

Said these exact words to him Saturday night, we wouldn't be where we are without Donny. Huge get!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Seriously, if she impeded josh, what's the call? Possession, 2 shots, 2 points?
    Interference. Ball out of bounds to zags

I agree wholeheartedly that Donny Daniels has been tremendous for Gonzaga and I'm so happy he's with us. As for the worry about him being hired away, I'm less worried than some for the simple fact that Mr. Daniels is 62 years old, in what I presume is a great situation for him professionally, in how he's compensated, in how's hes treated. Not sure why, at 62 years old, he would want to go elsewhere and take on some sort of project.