Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Who be going to Glendale?

It's a straight shot east from Ontario airport (California).

JetBlue into Mesa, AZ or some other regional airport?

My dad and I will be there!

Is there anything planned for before the game? Looking to meet up with a bunch of fellow zag fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Flagstaff to Glendale = 141 miles
    Tucson to Glendale = 127 miles
    Albuquerque to Glendale = 429 miles
    San Diego to Glendale = 355 miles

In case you wish to fly into somewhere else and drive......
    rennis,
    You may want to also check out a round trip through Las Vegas and driving to Glendale.

Las Vegas to Glendale = 288 miles (same distance as Kirkland to Spokane), 4 Hours 54 Minutes driving time per mapquest. Most of it is Highway 93 (not interstate), hence, the extra time.

The air fare is much less than flying into Phoenix or Tucson.

Disclaimer. Check it out for yourself. The way airline ticket prices change by the minute (higher or lower), who knows what they are going for at the moment.

Best of luck. And, if you do so,.... Drive Safe.

I forgot about Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I forgot about Vegas.
    Probably because "what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas".
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagineer View Post
    rennis,
    You may want to also check out a round trip through Las Vegas and driving to Glendale.

Las Vegas to Glendale = 288 miles (same distance as Kirkland to Spokane), 4 Hours 54 Minutes driving time per mapquest. Most of it is Highway 93 (not interstate), hence, the extra time.

Disclaimer. Check it out for yourself. The way airline ticket prices change by the minute (higher or lower), who knows what they are going for at the moment.

Great call, will consider this option too. TY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

We will be there, flying in and out of Vegas!!!!!!

Plans fell through.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Zagineer View Post
    rennis,

It's a pretty drive. You also can make a diversion to the Grand Canyon or a short pit stop at the Dam. Pat Tillman bridge sped up this drive quite a lot and is a bit of an engineering wonder (it is incredibly high up in the air). If you want to stay all-highway, I would cut east on the Carefree Hwy at the end instead of continuing south and driving through urban sprawl.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Plans fell through.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

On our way! Just getting ready to leave a hotel in Buelton.

We found out that flights out of Spokane were full up. So we left San Jose for San Diego. My sister lives in La Mesa, so we plan stay with her a could days, then head for the Phoenix. We are desperate to do laundry.

Still thinking about where to stay in the Phoenix area.

Go Zagss!!!

ZaGranny
    Formerly ID ZAGFAN--now officially ZaGranny.

The zealot clan will be there!
    Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. -- Dave Barry
    f∞

Music

Keith Urban Friday

Chainsmokers Saturday

Aerosmith Sunday

http://www.ncaa.com/marchmadness/musicfest/schedule

I was hemming and hawing about whether to go, especially after almost all my buddies had purchased tickets BEFORE the Xavier game. They knew they could cancel by midnight Saturday. They're smart.

Like many of you I saw airfare prices rising and talked myself out of it. $1000 for a roundtrip?

Then my 10 year old said, "you only live once Dad."

That's all it took and I got back on the computer, got creative and purchased a one way ticket into the Mesa airport and a one way ticket back to Seattle. Came out extremely good on the cost.

See you my Zags in Phoenix! Let's go get this!!!

BoZarth

I'm going with a group of 5 more. Got tickets through GU. Hoping the Gonzaga section we are sitting in isn't too far from the court! Can't wait to see everyone at the pre-game social! Hopefully we'll be going to 2 socials!
    "To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift..."

--Steve Prefontaine--

Live in S.D. so we are planning on driving in. Not bulldog club members though so can't get tix through the school it looks like. have been looking on vivid seats and stub hub. also wondering about just showing up and trying to buy outside the arena but have to say that makes me feel nervous. how are other non bulldog club members getting their tix or what are your plans?

also if anyone is a bulldog club member and not buying your full 6 allotment, i'm up for 2 of yours - including a couple drinks while down there! I know you don't know me, but maybe my 2007 join date on this site is good enough reference!

also, does anyone know: if you join as a new bulldog club member are you guaranteed option of buying 2 tix in GU section or just giving yourself a possibility that you'll have a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by BoZarth View Post
    I was hemming and hawing about whether to go, especially after almost all my buddies had purchased tickets BEFORE the Xavier game. They knew they could cancel by midnight Saturday. They're smart.

Like many of you I saw airfare prices rising and talked myself out of it. $1000 for a roundtrip?

Then my 10 year old said, "you only live once Dad."

That's all it took and I got back on the computer, got creative and purchased a one way ticket into the Mesa airport and a one way ticket back to Seattle. Came out extremely good on the cost.

See you my Zags in Phoenix! Let's go get this!!!

BoZarth
    you have raised a very sage 10 year old.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Live in S.D. so we are planning on driving in. Not bulldog club members though so can't get tix through the school it looks like. have been looking on vivid seats and stub hub. also wondering about just showing up and trying to buy outside the arena but have to say that makes me feel nervous. how are other non bulldog club members getting their tix or what are your plans?

also if anyone is a bulldog club member and not buying your full 6 allotment, i'm up for 2 of yours - including a couple drinks while down there! I know you don't know me, but maybe my 2007 join date on this site is good enough reference!

also, does anyone know: if you join as a new bulldog club member are you guaranteed option of buying 2 tix in GU section or just giving yourself a possibility that you'll have a chance.
    Yes, I made a $250 donation yesterday to the Bulldog Club and was able to order 2 tickets a few hours later and got confirmation of the order. The schools usually get lower/second level sideline tickets to distribute to their donors/alumni so I would strongly recommend this route versus the price gouging that goes on at Stubhub or Vivid Seats. You do have to buy both games from the school though, so if you wouldn't want to go to the championship if GU doesn't make it, then Stubhub could be a better option as price do usually dip for Monday depending on which team wins and especially likely this year with none of the teams really an easy day trip from if they advance to the final.

3 Basketball games and 2 baseball games so excited for this weekend!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ConnZag3 View Post
    Yes, I made a $250 donation yesterday to the Bulldog Club and was able to order 2 tickets a few hours later and got confirmation of the order. The schools usually get lower/second level sideline tickets to distribute to their donors/alumni so I would strongly recommend this route versus the price gouging that goes on at Stubhub or Vivid Seats. You do have to buy both games from the school though, so if you wouldn't want to go to the championship if GU doesn't make it, then Stubhub could be a better option as price do usually dip for Monday depending on which team wins and especially likely this year with none of the teams really an easy day trip from if they advance to the final.
    so you paid $395 a ticket and won't find out where your seats are until couple hours before tip off......if it's like San Jose......correct

Default NSFW LANGUAGE

Quote Originally Posted by ConnZag3 View Post
    I tried going this route and there are no tickets currently available via GoZags.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rennis View Post
    I tried going this route and there are no tickets currently available via GoZags.com
    Me too rennis - looks like its vivid seats or stub hub...

Due to cost, scheduling complexity and some other issues I had decided that I would sit this out and watch from home, just a bit too pricey.

Then I had a work meeting today and a friend started talking about how he to this day he regrets that he did not take advantage of seeing his beloved White Sox win the World Series in 2005. One other person chimed in that you'll regret it forever if they win

Back to my desk and Southwest has a $63 flight from Chicago to Phoenix on Sunday night. Would only need 2 nights hotel instead of four. Southwest can cancel for credit on a future flight and tickets for the final are only $145 (granted nosebleeds) on the resale market [hoping as a single might get a decent seat]. $90 rental car for two days. Will figure out the game ticket and lodging when it happens.