Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Congratulations to Coach Few & 2016-17 Zags

So happy for the program and all the players who shared in the success over the years at Gonzaga. What a day to be Zag Fan!

Congrats to the 2016-2017 ZAGS! To all those that came before this group...enjoy it... your the reason that GU basketball is where its at today. BRAVO!

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    First Final Four in Gonzaga history.

Well done.
    They did it the right way, with the right people. Mark Few. The university. The players, past and present. The fans. Spokane. This is for everyone, I'm going to soak it in that's for damn sure... Surreal still, yet I almost expected it with this team early on. Simply an unbelievable job by the fellas, with still more work to do. Go Zags!

I had more faith about F4 than many basketball fans I know, even Zags fan that used to be my basketball boss. He just would often say I don't see it ever happening.

I had my doubts, but I do a lot of research on GU recruiting/know how to evaluate guys from coaching HS ball up in Canada etc. I was like "this is not a traditional Mark Few recruit class/freshmen class.... this team could translate well to tournament and if all clicks during the season maybe 2-3 losses .. that would lock up 1/2 seed in West etc "

After a couple months or even less of the season... I KNEW this was best GU squad I've seen (fan since 99 1st Rd game). I just finally got Mark Few's answer this week.

Final Four !!!!

Side note : I'm so pumped for future of Rui and Norvell after this F4 run. The ONLY , the ONLY part that got me down this year was Norvell not being part of this squad ON the floor Knee injury or not, just kinda bummed me out. I think he's F4 calibre talent and will likely be one of my fav Zags of all time. I got Michael Redd vibe out of him (one of my fav NBA players of all time growing up).

Default Congratulazioni da Italia

I never thought I would see the day. For the most devoted and patient fans I have ever known (with the possible exception of those who were Cub fans), you deserve it. If the Cubs became World Champions, the Zags can be NCAA champs too. I am hoping for an Oregon Gonzaga showdown, an all Northwest final. Another coach who deserves a lot of credit is Dana Altman. As a frequent Few critic, I was happy to see that he let the boys fire away on Xavier. It is the only way to beat a zone like they had, and Mary Mother of Mercy did they ever reward him with their 3 point shooting. I am overjoyed for all of the fans, alumni and most especially the players.

This is awesome. Just surreal moment.
    Love the zags for life

Lifetime's worth of satisfaction. The first one will always be the best one. Although now that we've broke through, I think the stage is set for us to have even more success landing prized transfers and recruits.

Mark Few is the greatest coach of all time. In my eyes, anyway.