Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 60

Thread: Noah Dickerson transferring from Washington

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,609

    Default Noah Dickerson transferring from Washington

    Now, unlike the unwarranted Chase Jeter hype, this guy has actually put up stats on the actual college basketball court. Very intrigued by him and in 2 years the pf spot will be a major position of need. he would be my major priority over 2.2 ppg Chase Jeter.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,609

    Default

    He put up 12.5 ppg and 8 rpg this past season and his last 5 games were 14/9 vs Arizona, 16/13 vs Wazzu, 23/15 vs UCLA, 27/8 vs USC and 18/5 vs USC. To put that in perspective vis a vis Jeter, CJ's career high is 11 points. Dickerson could become a star at GU.

    http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...noah-dickerson

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    224

    Default

    Spy, I am not sure what the Heck Jeter did to you but lighten up man. We get it you don't like him. He is still a 19 year old kid that is going through a very tough transition right now. If it is meant to be he will be here. But cut him some slack man he hasn't done anything to the Zags that I know of. Relax!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tmac5360 View Post
    Spy, I am not sure what the Heck Jeter did to you but lighten up man. We get it you don't like him. He is still a 19 year old kid that is going through a very tough transition right now. If it is meant to be he will be here. But cut him some slack man he hasn't done anything to the Zags that I know of. Relax!
    I am relaxed. How is CJ going through a "tough transition", what happened? He's not good at basketball and I'm simply refuting posters adoration for him with actual stats and facts. It's not personal, you have to understand the difference. This is a Gonzaga fan board, we all want what's best for the team. I have said that with a lot of hard work in a red shirt season, he could possibly turn into a 7/7 off of the bench role player, and I'd be fine with that, but many here are acting like he's Anthony Davis v 2.0 and he's done absolutely nothing whatsoever to warrant the hype. Dickerson on the other hand is an athletic freak and is very skilled but he doesn't have the sexy name and hype the CJ had.

  5. #5

    Default

    I am with you spy--- i trust the staff, but if it were up to me (which it isnt), I would take Noah all the way. Dude would beast here.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I am relaxed. How is CJ going through a "tough transition", what happened? He's not good at basketball and I'm simply refuting posters adoration for him with actual stats and facts. It's not personal, you have to understand the difference.
    I'm sorry dude, but that's just a stupid thing to say.

    He didn't have success at Duke, likely because he didn't fit into Coach K's scheme of things. That's unfortunate because it shows a miss on both the players part and the coachs part in evaluating a good fit. But to claim that because a player recruited to arguably the best college basketball program in the nation didn't produce that it makes him "not good at basketball" is an asinine statement.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Mark Few doesn't have a chance with any of these kids. You see, most of the coaches in America are recruiting and Coach Few is still.........coaching for a couple more weeks. Total letdown Few!
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    I'm sorry dude, but that's just a stupid thing to say.

    He didn't have success at Duke, likely because he didn't fit into Coach K's scheme of things. That's unfortunate because it shows a miss on both the players part and the coachs part in evaluating a good fit. But to claim that because a player recruited to arguably the best college basketball program in the nation didn't produce that it makes him "not good at basketball" is an asinine statement.
    You would be correct, if that's what I was doing. But I'm actually basing that assertion on actual stats and facts and this novel thing called "eyes". I'm in the heart of ACC/SEC country, I see every Duke game, Chase Jeter isn't good at basketball. All I ask is that people use critical thinking and not become enamored with hype. Dickerson is superior to him in every facet of the game.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    You would be correct, if that's what I was doing. But I'm actually basing that assertion on actual stats and facts and this novel thing called "eyes". I'm in the heart of ACC/SEC country, I see every Duke game, Chase Jeter isn't good at basketball. All I ask is that people use critical thinking and not become enamored with hype. Dickerson is superior to him in every facet of the game.
    My boss is from Wake Forrest area, and his sentiment is the same. Jeter is a project. He needs a reset. He has skills and talent, but I think he's over-hyped. He would do well over here, but temper your expectations. Jeter could do big things here )out of the spotlight and pressure of Duke, but pump the brakes on that UW kid, at least a little. Yeah he had better numbers, but on a team of zero discipline and poor team concept on Offense and Defense. I'm not saying he's (UW kid) not good, he is. Just pump the brakes a little.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    You would be correct, if that's what I was doing. But I'm actually basing that assertion on actual stats and facts and this novel thing called "eyes". I'm in the heart of ACC/SEC country, I see every Duke game, Chase Jeter isn't good at basketball. All I ask is that people use critical thinking and not become enamored with hype. Dickerson is superior to him in every facet of the game.
    Ok, I'll trust your evaluation over all the recruiters from all the best teams in the country that clearly say this young man is an excellent basketball player.

    Frankly, I don't care if he comes to Gonzaga at all. For all I know he's not interested or hasn't even considered it. Furthermore, we have no idea if the coaches think he would be a good fit for us.

    I do care that someone like you feel ok about writing ridiculous things like he isn't good at basketball. I've read some pretty dumb things, but I think that takes the cake as far as serious statements made on this board. He clearly is good at basketball, as are about 90% of all players on Division 1 rosters.

    Maybe if your statement was, he isn't as good as we expected him to be at Duke, that would be a reasonable statement, but that's not what you wrote.

    Based on what you wrote in this thread, I think I can logically and forcefully conclude that "TheSpyWhoZaggedMe isn't good at logical thought."

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    My boss is from Wake Forrest area, and his sentiment is the same. Jeter is a project. He needs a reset. He has skills and talent, but I think he's over-hyped. He would do well over here, but temper your expectations. Jeter could do big things here )out of the spotlight and pressure of Duke, but pump the brakes on that UW kid, at least a little. Yeah he had better numbers, but on a team of zero discipline and poor team concept on Offense and Defense. I'm not saying he's (UW kid) not good, he is. Just pump the brakes a little.
    ha, those are the reasons that I think Dickerson is so good. Imagine if he played for a team that ran an offense? He put up great numbers for a nonsense team, imagine what he would do on the Zags? Plus he's a freak athlete, great rebounder and has a good motor. Again, here's his stats for the last five game sof his season:

    14/9 vs Arizona, 16/13 vs Wazzu, 23/15 vs UCLA, 27/8 vs USC and 18/5 vs USC

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Ok, I'll trust your evaluation over all the recruiters from all the best teams in the country that clearly say this young man is an excellent basketball player.

    Frankly, I don't care if he comes to Gonzaga at all. For all I know he's not interested or hasn't even considered it. Furthermore, we have no idea if the coaches think he would be a good fit for us.

    I do care that someone like you feel ok about writing ridiculous things like he isn't good at basketball. I've read some pretty dumb things, but I think that takes the cake as far as serious statements made on this board. He clearly is good at basketball, as are about 90% of all players on Division 1 rosters.

    Maybe if your statement was, he isn't as good as we expected him to be at Duke, that would be a reasonable statement, but that's not what you wrote.

    Based on what you wrote in this thread, I think I can logically and forcefully conclude that "TheSpyWhoZaggedMe isn't good at logical thought."
    You can write whatever you want, if there's facts to validate what you write, all the better. Jeter was a product of hype playing for Bishop Gorman, and has thus far, not remotely come close to living up to the hype, it's not his fault, its the fault of people that call someone who puts up 2.2 ppg an "excellent basketball player", they're putting unnecessary pressure on the kid. if he turns into a 7/7 role player for us, great, but the unwarranted hype for him is silly.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    You can write whatever you want, if there's facts to validate what you write, all the better. Jeter was a product of hype playing for Bishop Gorman, and has thus far, not remotely come close to living up to the hype, it's not his fault, its the fault of people that call someone who puts up 2.2 ppg an "excellent basketball player", they're putting unnecessary pressure on the kid. if he turns into a 7/7 role player for us, great, but the unwarranted hype for him is silly.
    What's silly is that someone feigning knowledge of basketball would cite statistics of a player who didn't get to play very much to conclude that they are "bad at basketball".

    Rui Hachimura has similar statistics. Killian Tillie's stats aren't much better. Ryan Edwards hardly gets to play. Each of these individuals are really, really good at basketball. Are they All Americans or superstars, of course not. They each have different reasons that they aren't putting up big numbers, but its not because they are "bad at basketball".

    The same is the case with Mr. Jeter. He's clearly an outstanding basketball player. He has excellent footwork. Runs the court hard. Has a soft touch on his jump hook. Excellent size and an even better wingspan. Guess what, every big time basketball program in the country agrees with what I just wrote... But you, you anonymous internet guy, think you know so much better as to actual claim that he's not good at basketball. Its an absolutely ridiculous and idiotic statement.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    ha, those are the reasons that I think Dickerson is so good. Imagine if he played for a team that ran an offense? He put up great numbers for a nonsense team, imagine what he would do on the Zags? Plus he's a freak athlete, great rebounder and has a good motor. Again, here's his stats for the last five game sof his season:

    14/9 vs Arizona, 16/13 vs Wazzu, 23/15 vs UCLA, 27/8 vs USC and 18/5 vs USC
    If I may, would Dickerson be a fit for Gonzaga? Sure, he put up some great numbers for UW, albeit on a 9-22 team. The Zags success is built on teamwork, trust, and player development. The Zags are 35-1, in large part due to NWG, J3, and JM buying into the system here. Throw Zach in as well, because the original plan was to have him getting the lions share of minutes, due to the uncertainty of Shem's return.

    Not casting any negativity to Noah, but that's what I got out of reading Glory Hounds. If the coaches don't think the player is a fit for the program, they'll look elsewhere.

    He could be a square peg in a round hole. Perhaps that would be worked out during his transfer year.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,329

    Default

    I believe either could contribute --after their redshirt year (when Williams moves on)-- and it is nice to have the experience along with a year to learn the program.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    What's silly is that someone feigning knowledge of basketball would cite statistics of a player who didn't get to play very much to conclude that they are "bad at basketball".

    Rui Hachimura has similar statistics. Killian Tillie's stats aren't much better. Ryan Edwards hardly gets to play. Each of these individuals are really, really good at basketball. Are they All Americans or superstars, of course not. They each have different reasons that they aren't putting up big numbers, but its not because they are "bad at basketball".

    The same is the case with Mr. Jeter. He's clearly an outstanding basketball player. He has excellent footwork. Runs the court hard. Has a soft touch on his jump hook. Excellent size and an even better wingspan. Guess what, every big time basketball program in the country agrees with what I just wrote... But you, you anonymous internet guy, think you know so much better as to actual claim that he's not good at basketball. Its an absolutely ridiculous and idiotic statement.
    Thank you

    Not too mention his battle with a herniated disc and ankle injury
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    If I may, would Dickerson be a fit for Gonzaga? Sure, he put up some great numbers for UW, albeit on a 9-22 team. The Zags success is built on teamwork, trust, and player development. The Zags are 35-1, in large part due to NWG, J3, and JM buying into the system here. Throw Zach in as well, because the original plan was to have him getting the lions share of minutes, due to the uncertainty of Shem's return.

    Not casting any negativity to Noah, but that's what I got out of reading Glory Hounds. If the coaches don't think the player is a fit for the program, they'll look elsewhere.

    He could be a square peg in a round hole. Perhaps that would be worked out during his transfer year.
    Keep in mind the same could be said of EMAC, Micah Downs and other transfers that had "troubled" pasts, but they turned it around and fit in wonderfully here. As always, in Few, I trust.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    What's silly is that someone feigning knowledge of basketball would cite statistics of a player who didn't get to play very much to conclude that they are "bad at basketball".

    Rui Hachimura has similar statistics. Killian Tillie's stats aren't much better. Ryan Edwards hardly gets to play. Each of these individuals are really, really good at basketball. Are they All Americans or superstars, of course not. They each have different reasons that they aren't putting up big numbers, but its not because they are "bad at basketball".

    The same is the case with Mr. Jeter. He's clearly an outstanding basketball player. He has excellent footwork. Runs the court hard. Has a soft touch on his jump hook. Excellent size and an even better wingspan. Guess what, every big time basketball program in the country agrees with what I just wrote... But you, you anonymous internet guy, think you know so much better as to actual claim that he's not good at basketball. Its an absolutely ridiculous and idiotic statement.
    We clearly have different definitions of the word "outstanding". If you think 2.2 ppg defines an "outstanding' player, more power to you. May I suggest that you've just succumbed to the hype that he received in high school and the fact that he went to Duke? As I stated, with a lot of hard work he could turn into a 7/7 role player off of the bench and I would be fine with that. My point was that Dickerson is already a superior player with superior numbers, but he didn't have the hype coming out of high school that CJ did. But, no bother, keep insulting me, if it get's you through the day. I'm still on a major high from last nights game, I couldn't care less what you say about me personally. lol

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    We clearly have different definitions of the word "outstanding". If you think 2.2 ppg defines an "outstanding' player, more power to you. May I suggest that you've just succumbed to the hype that he received in high school and the fact that he went to Duke? As I stated, with a lot of hard work he could turn into a 7/7 role player off of the bench and I would be fine with that. My point was that Dickerson is already a superior player with superior numbers, but he didn't have the hype coming out of high school that CJ did. But, no bother, keep insulting me, if it get's you through the day. I'm still on a major high from last nights game, I couldn't care less what you say about me personally. lol
    IMHO, you are taking differing views personally. If there's room (and enthusiasm) for both, and they want to become Zags, everyone will be happy.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    IMHO, you are taking differing views personally. If there's room (and enthusiasm) for both, and they want to become Zags, everyone will be happy.
    Agreed. If Jeter does come here, I will cheer my head off for him, but if it was one or the other, ND is the superior player. In Few I trust.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,640

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    We clearly have different definitions of the word "outstanding". If you think 2.2 ppg defines an "outstanding' player, more power to you. May I suggest that you've just succumbed to the hype that he received in high school and the fact that he went to Duke? As I stated, with a lot of hard work he could turn into a 7/7 role player off of the bench and I would be fine with that. My point was that Dickerson is already a superior player with superior numbers, but he didn't have the hype coming out of high school that CJ did. But, no bother, keep insulting me, if it get's you through the day. I'm still on a major high from last nights game, I couldn't care less what you say about me personally. lol
    Spy, I was barely aware of the dude before you brought him up. You seem impervious to critical thinking. You're aware of the term, lies, damn lies and statistics? Stop being so thick man. You can make the point that you like one player better than another with out making ridiculous statements that a top 20 high school player in the nation is "bad at basketball".

    A broken clock is correct twice a day, so my assumption is that you could be correct about Dickerson. But you're writing S.T.U.P.I.D. #### to make your point.

    You're not smarter or more knowledgeable about basketball than:

    Coach K
    Steve Alford
    Bill Self
    Dana Altman
    Sean Miller


    All of whom determined that yes, Mr. Jeter, was/is an outstanding basketball player. So much so that they offered him a scholarship. They don't give those out like participation trophies, son.

    I get it, you think Dickerson is better. Stupidly disparaging Chase Jeter doesn't make your point.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    2,838

    Default

    I say NO to Jeter and THAT'S FINAL! Lock this thread!

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,154

    Default

    Concern with Dickerson, from my perspective is his desire to quickly change and look for greener pasture

    Decommited from Florida
    Decommitted from Georgetown
    Decommitted from Washington

    Raises a flag for me that would need a deep review
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,609

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Concern with Dickerson, from my perspective is his desire to quickly change and look for greener pasture

    Decommited from Florida
    Decommitted from Georgetown
    Decommitted from Washington

    Raises a flag for me that would need a deep review
    Agreed. Well, except for the technicality that he didn't decommit from UDub, he actually played for that dumpster fire and like NWG, decided enough was enough. Hopefully, like NWG, and after full scrutiny by few and staff, he chooses GU.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    10,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Concern with Dickerson, from my perspective is his desire to quickly change and look for greener pasture

    Decommited from Florida
    Decommitted from Georgetown
    Decommitted from Washington

    Raises a flag for me that would need a deep review
    McClellan played for 3 different schools during his college career. Seems like he worked out OK at Gonzaga.

    I haven't seen a lot of Dickerson, but what I have seen has impressed me. Blue collar guy, undersized but works hard, grabs rebounds, doesn't need plays run for him but can still put up some points. UW has been a mess the last couple years, he seems like he played hard and went about his business, don't see him at all as a prima donna or attitude problem, nor a me first player. That's my impression anyway.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •