Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 36 of 36

Thread: Shout out to the TV announcers

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag79 View Post
    Two thumbs up, it's fun to hear hoops knowledge instead of jagged opinions all game. What a game to call, they clearly enjoyed it themselves which was a plus!
    What up 79? I always enjoy reading your stuff. Hold onto your hat. Sh!t getting real
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    201

    Default

    I think Anderson needs improvement: He obviously did his homework prior to the game and spent time learning about the players. (Although he botched the bit about Phil Mathews coaching at 'San Francisco U'.) He and Weber were obsessed with what they thought would be the overarching story of the game, namely West Virginia's defense. But they were so committed to that story they seemed to miss the bigger story unfolding right in front of them: That Gonzaga's defense was better. I mean you'd think holding an opponent to less that 27% FG% would get their attention . . .

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,377

    Default

    I don't see the connection between Webber and Branch.....at all. Branch might be the worst color analyst in the history of broadcasting. If you think Web was one-sided, listen to the BYU games. Branch was all out BYU homer. He was rooting for them to win.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Surprised this is so polarizing. I'm all in on Webber, thought he was fantastic. He was really well prepared for the beginning of the game with interesting thoughts on both teams. Once he ran out of talking points it slowed down a bit but overall I thought he was knowledgable, respectful to both sides and brought great energy to the broadcast. Looking forward to hearing them both again on Saturday!

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Oklafriggenhoma
    Posts
    7,434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    I don't see the connection between Webber and Branch.....at all. Branch might be the worst color analyst in the history of broadcasting. If you think Web was one-sided, listen to the BYU games. Branch was all out BYU homer. He was rooting for them to win.
    Not in the aspect of homerism, just that both Webber and Branch couldn't stop the constant blathering. Silence is golden even to broadcasters. Both of those guys have "perfected the art" of yammering. They both over used the cliche/crutch "you young players watching.......". Webber would be tolerable if he slowed down, talked less, and avoided preconceived "story lines".
    Birddog

    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,417

    Default

    Did the announcers ever mention that WVU was out of timeouts at the end of the game? That was a huge factor and I didn't hear about it until after the game. Maybe I was just too caught up in the action.

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    9,479

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Did the announcers ever mention that WVU was out of timeouts at the end of the game? That was a huge factor and I didn't hear about it until after the game. Maybe I was just too caught up in the action.
    I'd place a big wager that Chris Webber wouldn't mention such a thing.

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    2,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Did the announcers ever mention that WVU was out of timeouts at the end of the game? That was a huge factor and I didn't hear about it until after the game. Maybe I was just too caught up in the action.
    Yea they did

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill, Spokane
    Posts
    4,420

    Default

    Emotional people often hear it as if the unbiased announcers are against their team, when in reality both analysts got equally pumped for both teams in big moments. And let's be real, WV was about to beat a 1 seed holding the, under 60... What isn't to be talked about? I've watched the game 4 times now (I watch every game twice), and I didn't hear much favoritism. I think most would agree, watching it without any emotion to the outcome ha ha. Huge win, love the sound bytes down the stretch!

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    3,002

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zag79 View Post
    Emotional people often hear it as if the unbiased announcers are against their team, when in reality both analysts got equally pumped for both teams in big moments. And let's be real, WV was about to beat a 1 seed holding the, under 60... What isn't to be talked about? I've watched the game 4 times now (I watch every game twice), and I didn't hear much favoritism. I think most would agree, watching it without any emotion to the outcome ha ha. Huge win, love the sound bytes down the stretch!
    Agreed, rewatched the game and I don't think they were biased at all.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill, Spokane
    Posts
    4,420

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    Agreed, rewatched the game and I don't think they were biased at all.
    During the game, refs and analysts always seem to be favoring the opposition. Reality usually says otherwise, ha ha.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •