Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Observations from the game

Default Observations from the game

The first observation.........Xaviers crowd was loud and impressive competed with AZ fan volume.
    Last edited by Zagceo; 03-23-2017 at 11:01 PM.

It was a maul ball......51 fouls...our guys fought and kept their composure

Ronny is in town and doing exactly what you'd expect....whatever it takes. Currently helping coaches.
    Asked him after the game if I'd see him in Glendale...his answer...."What do you think"?

Worst venue for info/stats ....

Przemek loosening up the rims in pre-game

Default Sniper doing recon ...pre-game

Default Xavier's section stood most of second half

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Looked like Bill was dressed ready for an early fishing trip, we can accommodate that tomorrow.

The Spokesman-Review has some great shots:
    http://www.spokesman.com/galleries/2...inia-march-23/

http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Nice shots ceo. Thanks.
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

Anyone have an analysis of the out of bounds play on the ball that wasn't out of bounds. What's the applicable rule and was the rule followed?

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Anyone have an analysis of the out of bounds play on the ball that wasn't out of bounds. What's the applicable rule and was the rule followed?
    It was ruled an inadvertent whistle, after pondering the issue for 6 minutes and 47 seconds.

It was clear after one rerun to see ball never went out of bounds and Adrian from WVU did not step out of bounds while saving it and it was saved to WVU

BUT the ref saw what he thought was ball out of bounds or player out of bounds blew whistle and gave clear signal zag ball

Out of bounds calls are reviewable

They made wrong call in flow of game but made right call overruling their error

Now why it took 5 plus minutes I don't know as it was clear

And find it symptomatic of referees that instead of saying admitting error they come up with BS explanation of inadvertent whistle

You blew the call. Admit it it won't change Santa Claus view on you at xmas time
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    It was clear after one rerun to see ball never went out of bounds and Adrian from WVU did not step out of bounds while saving it and it was saved to WVU

BUT the ref saw what he thought was ball out of bounds or player out of bounds blew whistle and gave clear signal zag ball

And find it symptomatic of referees that instead of saying admitting error they come up with BS explanation of inadvertent whistle

You blew the call. Admit it it won't change Santa Claus view on you at xmas time
    thanks hoop ..had no idea what happen in arena

Call came @ 1:59, correct? Did they wind up putting time back on the clock?

Przemek loosening up the rims in pre-game

That's the rim that Mathews rattled his game winning three through. Good job, Shem!
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

thanks hoop ..had no idea what happen in arena
    Good point ceo.

My daughter has called me several times from Mariner's games over the years when the umpires get "under the hood" & asks "Do you know what they're looking at" because nothing is said in the ballpark.

Ronny is in town and doing exactly what you'd expect....whatever it takes. Currently helping coaches.
    Asked him after the game if I'd see him in Glendale...his answer...."What do you think"?
    I love Ronny

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    The Spokesman-Review has some great shots:
    http://www.spokesman.com/galleries/2...inia-march-23/

t

his is my all time favorite Jordan picture

Is there something special I need to do to be able to post pictures? When I click on "Upload photos", I get a popup window that says I have uploaded the maximum of 5 files, but I don't think I've ever uploaded any? Or am I just being dense about this?
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

No, I don't think that's right. Whether the player was out of bounds is not reviewable. Remember the Syracuse game last year? The only thing that is reviewable is which player last touched the ball. Once the call was made that the play was out of bounds, by rule it cannot be undone. They could review whether Silas touched the ball (which he hadn't), but they can't review whether the player was out of bounds. There was nothing inadvertent about the whistle; the ref though he was out, and he called him out. Watch the replay; he clearly called the player out and pointed the other direction. The "inadvertent whistle" logic was made up on the spot to give them a path to the "right" outcome.

Players just left for practice

So what does the Bilas tweet mean; "Gonzaga bailed out officials on lame "inadvertent whistle" call. If inadvertent, official knows right away. Replay is not allowed. Period." I take it to mean that because the ball never did go out of bounds the play wasn't reviewable, but that's just speculation. Yes, I know, time to move on...

So what does the Bilas tweet mean; "Gonzaga bailed out officials on lame "inadvertent whistle" call. If inadvertent, official knows right away. Replay is not allowed. Period." I take it to mean that because the ball never did go out of bounds the play wasn't reviewable, but that's just speculation. Yes, I know, time to move on...
    Bilas is wrong according to the NCAA rules committee

Out of bounds plays are reviewable for possession determinations

I think his tweet is what I am saying.....ref blew call step up and admit it overrule it move on....instead they try to claim inadvertent whistle......
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Bilas is wrong according to the NCAA rules committee

Out of bounds plays are reviewable for possession determinations

I think his tweet is what I am saying.....ref blew call step up and admit it overrule it move on....instead they try to claim inadvertent whistle......
    Believe you can review under 2minutes only.
    Love the zags for life