Thread: Zags and mods maybe need to remove starring threads.

Default Zags and mods maybe need to remove starring threads.

Its very juvenile to see 1 star thread over certain threads and 3+ stars over certain threads. Especially when both are critical on players or coaches.

If any zag or zag friend or family reads it and see's 3+ threads over their son it'd make me seem less of the community.

You can critique players and coaches in certain manners and just not star it.

Plus, you have people who I assume are 18+ one star threads if involves few or in previous years David. We all don't think the same. It doesn't make people less of a fan. We have different opinions but sometimes people's thinking on here is cult like and ride others opinions off the board.

I'm sure this will be 1 starred or locked but IMO stars should be removed.
    Love the zags for life

+1

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Its very juvenile to see 1 star thread over certain threads and 3+ stars over certain threads. Especially when both are critical on players or coaches.

If any zag or zag friend or family reads it and see's 3+ threads over their son it'd make me seem less of the community.

Plus, you have people who I assume are 18+ one star threads if involves few or in previous years David. We all don't think the same. It doesn't make people less of a fan. We have different opinions but sometimes people's thinking on here is cult like and ride others opinions off the board.

Am I the only one here who has no idea what these stars are, where they are or what they signify, thus why the hell anyone cares about them?

I tend to disagree to a point. Ask yourself this question: would I be more "hurt" if a thread about my son was a 1 star, or would I be more "hurt" because of the things actually said in the thread itself. If it were me, stars mean nothing, but content is everything. So instead of focusing on mostly pointless stars, focusing on our comments is far more important.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

I'm not sure what difference it makes. Does rating a thread change the thread in any way. If not, just ignore it.
    "What is the ugliest part of your body?...I say it's your mind". F. Z.

I never even notice the stars. No value as far as I am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    I tend to disagree to a point. Ask yourself this question: would I be more "hurt" if a thread about my son was a 1 star, or would I be more "hurt" because of the things actually said in the thread itself. If it were me, stars mean nothing, but content is everything. So instead of focusing on mostly pointless stars, focusing on our comments is far more important.
    I'd be hurt if my child whose working his ass off for this community and doesn't "live up" to what the community "thinks" he should be involved with a positive starred thread where its all negative on him.

I'm not talking player A missed a screen and it cost us and if he would of went over the screen,etc. You guys know what the hell I'm talking about. Look I was at senior night. I've never seen pure hate for our player in person then that night. It was disgusting. If you think it doesn't affect their family, friends or the person and its a 3+ star, then idk how to help you.

1 star where people attack a player shows "most the zag board thinks its disgusting."

3+ star where people attack a player shows "most the zag board agrees and maybe I am the issue."

Again, we can all critique players and coaches but its in the manner we or people do.

Which is more reasonable?

"Player A sucks so bad and shouldn't be a starter anymore and costs us wins and is a terrible player."

Or

"Player A didn't box out his man right and if he boxed his man out correctly, he would of got the rebound. He needs to practice this or just had a mistake."

Which is reasonable quote? But now the first quote is a 3+ star. Is this OK?
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    Am I the only one here who has no idea what these stars are, where they are or what they signify, thus why the hell anyone cares about them?
    Well I'll tell you players know or most people know if you gave a 1 star or 5 star to a movie.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by stevet75 View Post
    I'm not sure what difference it makes. Does rating a thread change the thread in any way. If not, just ignore it.
    Its not my point. My point is if I say "player a doesn't deserve the zag uniform." And we all rate is 5 stars which means we all agree 100% and its only cuz we think he sucks, it does matter. If that zag logged on he would know everyone believes that statement with the 5 stars.
    Love the zags for life

Don't know anything about the stars--don't know where to find them, don't know how to put them on and really not worried about them. (for all I know I may have "ignored" them when I was looking for that button for one of our fine posters that likes to lay on the beach in cali).

I've got a few posts on this board & I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I've got a few posts on this board & I don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.
    Not very aware? Lol .

You see the stars on some of the threads before you click?
    Love the zags for life

I'd be hurt if my child whose working his ass off for this community and doesn't "live up" to what the community "thinks" he should be involved with a positive starred thread where its all negative on him.

I'm not talking player A missed a screen and it cost us and if he would of went over the screen,etc. You guys know what the hell I'm talking about. Look I was at senior night. I've never seen pure hate for our player in person then that night. It was disgusting. If you think it doesn't affect their family, friends or the person and its a 3+ star, then idk how to help you.

1 star where people attack a player shows "most the zag board thinks its disgusting."

3+ star where people attack a player shows "most the zag board agrees and maybe I am the issue."

Again, we can all critique players and coaches but its in the manner we or people do.

Which is more reasonable?

"Player A sucks so bad and shouldn't be a starter anymore and costs us wins and is a terrible player."

Or

"Player A didn't box out his man right and if he boxed his man out correctly, he would of got the rebound. He needs to practice this or just had a mistake."

Which is reasonable quote? But now the first quote is a 3+ star. Is this OK?
    You explained my point perfectly. People need to stop bad mouthing players / others. That will stop a lot of the troubles your talking about. I'm in 100% agreement. People easily jump over the fine line. I can guarantee stars mean absolutely nothing.

I think all threads should begin with a rumor that the poster's buddy (aka "my buddy") shared with him on good authority.
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

People one star even the most benign of threads... JMHO... I don't even pay attention to them... unless I see something one-starred and I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY someone would one star it. The only place stars matter is in the foo... and everything in the foo is five stars.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Meh who cares about stars. Any type of post that could be construed negative gets 1 starred by the "regular" snowflakes here who then usually get a couple pages of flaming in before the mods lock the thread. See that Few to the NBA thread for a perfect example. Kind of a crazy rumor but I don't even think that guy was trolling. Who says he didn't hear something from someone who has given him solid info before? He wasn't stating it as fact but asking if anyone posting on a gonzaga basketball DISCUSSION forum had heard of this. Instead we get 3 pages mostly of the "old guard" bashing this guy when he asked a simple question on a basketball discussion board. It's crazy to think and obviously weird timing, but everyone needs to stop being so sensitive here and just let discussion happen. It's not implausible as some were trying to say, I see it as a more likely destination than another college job. Brad Stevens just did it. Stop over-moderating and let discussion take place. If you don't like the direction of a thread stay off of it. Cover your ears and eyes and go to your happy place.

As far as stars hurting peoples feelings... ok? This is big time college basketball and the zags are a big fish now. Gotta tone down on the sensitivity. Been on a lot of message boards, college pro or otherwise and this one has by far the largest kids gloves on when it comes to dealing with anything that isn't sunshine and rainbows.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    People one star even the most benign of threads... JMHO... I don't even pay attention to them... unless I see something one-starred and I cannot for the life of me figure out WHY someone would one star it. The only place stars matter is in the foo... and everything in the foo is five stars.
    5 Stars for that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    Meh who cares about stars. Any type of post that could be construed negative gets 1 starred by the "regular" snowflakes here who then usually get a couple pages of flaming in before the mods lock the thread. See that Few to the NBA thread for a perfect example. Kind of a crazy rumor but I don't even think that guy was trolling. Who says he didn't hear something from someone who has given him solid info before? He wasn't stating it as fact but asking if anyone posting on a gonzaga basketball DISCUSSION forum had heard of this. Instead we get 3 pages mostly of the "old guard" bashing this guy when he asked a simple question on a basketball discussion board. It's crazy to think and obviously weird timing, but everyone needs to stop being so sensitive here and just let discussion happen. It's not implausible as some were trying to say, I see it as a more likely destination than another college job. Brad Stevens just did it. Stop over-moderating and let discussion take place. If you don't like the direction of a thread stay off of it. Cover your ears and eyes and go to your happy place.

As far as stars hurting peoples feelings... ok? This is big time college basketball and the zags are a big fish now. Gotta tone down on the sensitivity. Been on a lot of message boards, college pro or otherwise and this one has by far the largest kids gloves on when it comes to dealing with anything that isn't sunshine and rainbows.
    I like sunshine.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    No..... I know what they are, but for some reason they don't show on my screen when I sign on and search for new posts...

And I agree...who cares...

Can we ban the word snowflake?
    Bring back the OCC

Quote Originally Posted by gu03alum View Post
    Can we ban the word snowflake?
    No
    "The best players will play. That's the way it will always be." Larry Bird