9:10am = (5) Notre Dame (4) West Virginia, Buffalo, West Region, CBS
    11:40am = (8) Wisconsin (1) Villanova, Buffalo, East Region, CBS
    2:15pm = (8) Northwestern (1) Gonzaga, Salt Lake, West Region, CBS
    3:15pm = (11) Xavier 3) Florida State, Orlando, West Region, TNT
    4:10pm = (12) Middle Tennessee (4) Butler, Milwaukee, South Region, TBS
    4:45pm = (7) St. Mary's (2) Arizona, Salt Lake, West Region, CBS
    5:40pm = (5) Virginia (4) Florida, Orlando, East Region, TNT
    6:40pm = (5) Iowa State (4) Purdue, Milwaukee, Midwest Region, TBS
    Last edited by CDC84; 03-17-2017 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks for posting this, CDC

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Wisconsin seems like a pretty tough out for a #8 seed. The committee did Villanova no favors at all on that one for the allegedly #1 overall seed. Honestly, would you rather face Wisconsin or Northwestern? Same seed. Seems like an absolute no brainer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Wisconsin seems like a pretty tough out for a #8 seed. The committee did Villanova no favors at all on that one for the allegedly #1 overall seed. Honestly, would you rather face Wisconsin or Northwestern? Same seed. Seems like an absolute no brainer to me.

Nova will be just fine. Their smoke and mirrors show just goes on.

The Zags/NW and Arizona/St Mary's are showcased on the Big Network, Nice.

I wouldn't be shocked if Nova loses to Wisconsin. Badgers were misseeded. Buffalo is not that far from Madison, and the Badger fans travel well. Moreover, people don't realize this, but Nova has not beaten anyone in this field higher than a 4 seed, and the Big East became almost a cake walk for them (besides the Butler games) later in the season due to several BE squads suffering injury problems - teams ranging from Xavier, and most notably, Creighton.

Middle Tennessee has a great chance of getting to the sweet 16.

Despite losing their starting center, I wouldn't be shocked if FLA beats UVA

Iowa State/Purdue might be the most entertaining game of the day.

I think Arizona is going to win, but it will be interesting to see how close of a game Randy B's team makes it. If SMC really gives them a game, it makes Gonzaga look better.

KenPom point spreads:

WVU -2.5
    Nova -6.0
    FSU -6.0
    Butler -4.0
    Arizona -5.0
    Florida -2.0
    ISU/Purdue even
    Zags -11.0

I am really surprised as well as impressed that SMC is only a 5 to 5.5 point underdog. I'll be there cheering for them to win. Watching AZ and SMC play the other night, I think Rahon and Naar are going to be pressured all night long. Jock has to stay out of foul trouble. I just don't see how SMC is going to deal with the size and athleticism that Zona brings. As an aside, I wonder if Few and Miller had any discussions regarding SMC?

Thanks a bunch CD...Charter just can't keep up....their guide is more than worthless this week...

I didn't think I would ever see the day when Gonzaga Fans would find the NCAA Tourney boring....I have found all the games interesting but that probably says more about me than them..

As soon as this is over, I have to get a life...

Quote Originally Posted by spike_jr View Post
    I am really surprised as well as impressed that SMC is only a 5 to 5.5 point underdog. I'll be there cheering for them to win. Watching AZ and SMC play the other night, I think Rahon and Naar are going to be pressured all night long. Jock has to stay out of foul trouble. I just don't see how SMC is going to deal with the size and athleticism that Zona brings. As an aside, I wonder if Few and Miller had any discussions regarding SMC?
    I suspect that Coach Few and Coach Bennett have chatted more about 'Zona.
    MCMM 2020: Who Wants Some Cheese?

Also, the Lady Zags play Oklahoma this afternoon. That one's on ESPN2 and should be getting started when the Gonzaga men are winding diwn.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I suspect that Coach Few and Coach Bennett have chatted more about 'Zona.
    Not sure about this
    Few and Miller are very good friends
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Also, the Lady Zags play Oklahoma this afternoon. That one's on ESPN2 and should be getting started when the Gonzaga men are winding diwn.
    Should be some overlap. Women's game is scheduled at 3:30. I'm attending the women's games in Seattle. Will have to record and watch later GU and Arizona men.

WVU is maybe our biggest match-up nightmare. Pressing our already struggling guards, negates our bigs - some. Trapping defense, like BYU only 100x better.

And up 10-0 over ND.

Ugh.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    WVU is maybe our biggest match-up nightmare. Pressing our already struggling guards, negates our bigs - some. Trapping defense, like BYU only 100x better.

And up 10-0 over ND.

Ugh.
    Ugh is right. Can't think of a worse matchup for two of our four rotation guards.
    I miss Mike Hart

Let's go Fighting Irish. WVU is a tougher matchup than Arizona in my opinion

And up 10-0 over ND.

Ugh.
    Pressing does not negate our bigs. Actually our bigs would play critical role in relieving pressure in half court that would result in easy buckets

Notice Irish has no big relief valves to post up against half court traps thus allowing extension of traps

As to our guards the ability to drive off quick reversal knowing we have bigs setup would compliment our guards well IM O

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Pressing does not negate our bigs. Actually our bigs would play critical role in relieving pressure in half court that would result in easy buckets

Notice Irish has no big relief valves to post up against half court traps thus allowing extension of traps

As to our guards the ability to drive off quick reversal knowing we have bigs setup would compliment our guards well IM O
    We can always count on you to never say thing less than glowing. I love you for that, even when you're wrong.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

We can always count on you to never say thing less than glowing. I love you for that, even when you're wrong.
    It's not glowing it is basketball tactics to counter a pressing team.....still have to execute

But I do have confidence our players can absorb and execute good game planning to counter the pressure and this type of game creates less thinking and more playing than a Irish game would

If the Zags get past NU and WVU wins there will be 5 days to prepare for the press.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post

Exactly. Remember that St. John's team from 2011? They were heavily favored against our team. Their pressure defense was among the best in the country. Few used the superior size of Sacre and Olynyk in the center of the press break as safety valves for the guards. We had the luxury of throwing the ball OVER the defense to big guys who could catch the ball and advance it with crisp passing. Harris was bigger than their center and a skilled ball handler as the power forward. He could attack the edges of the press and advance the ball with the dribble or the pass.

West Virginia is not a big team. We have a significant size advantage in the front court. Our bigs are excellent passers who can punish this type of defense if we don't get careless.

You can talk about tactics to beat the press all you want to.

This is about execution. This is about stage fright. This is about being cool under pressure.

All this "Spock logic" on how to beat the press does not address the emotional aspect.

I was a sonar technician in the Navy. I often looked at the other well trained technicians in sonar control and pondered which ones would "crack" if put in the position of tracking an incoming torpedo.
    I miss Mike Hart

And up 10-0 over ND.

Ugh.
    Yeah wvu scares me

Those Notre Dame uniforms...Gah! The last time I something that color was while I was changing a diaper.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Yeah wvu scares me
    If GU guards are elite then Zags should win.