Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Zags vs Northwestern Predictions/What do you want to see

Default Zags vs Northwestern Predictions/What do you want to see

77-60 good guys
    Last edited by LongIslandZagFan; 03-16-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Gonzaga 73-63

Zags 84-60

Go!! Zags!!!

Zags 78
    NW. 62
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

GU 78
    The other guys 70

I am horrible at predicting scores, but I feel it is extremely important that Gonzaga get off to a good start and get the crowd out of the game. From what I saw today, GU is just flat out better then Northwestern. Remember, even with the crowd backing them and almost zero Vandy fans in the stands, they almost lost to a close to .500 SEC team. It might have happened if a certain player didn't commit a foul, and if Vandy didn't wait until 2 seconds or whatever to take the last shot.

If the real NWG [please] stands up

GU 80
    NW 68
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Well .... We can depend on Zag D

Zags 75 (Editing .... I wanna up that! Just listened to post game coach, J3, Mathews and Collins interviews. Now going with 85 for the Zags!)
    Tamed Kitties 60
    Last edited by Zagger; 03-17-2017 at 05:26 AM. Reason: Listened to post game interviews :)

Gonzaga 77-66

74-61 Zags.......

83-68
    Zags!

Thanks for putting this up Spy... had to go back into work tonight for an upgrade. I changed the title of the thread... hope you don't mind.

Thinking Northwestern will try to muck it up a bit... but no way Zags shoot 26% again.

Zags - 79
    Northwestern - 64
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

83-71 Zags

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Thanks for putting this up Spy... had to go back into work tonight for an upgrade. I changed the title of the thread... hope you don't mind.

Thinking Northwestern will try to muck it up a bit... but no way Zags shoot 26% again.

Zags - 79
    Northwestern - 64
    I don't mind at all. I know we don't say it enough but I appreciate all that you guys do. Thanks

Zags 83 - Northwestern 62
    The world is a magical place full of people waiting to be offended by something.

GU 79
    NW 62

83-71 Zags

Northwestern continues their dream season and sends my bracket into the fireplace

Cats 72 Zags 68

Hit a couple more shots, defend their big guards, & actually see some long lost passes from the post to cutters, shooters, & high low action once again.

If we do that, we win by 12.

If not, we lose by 3.

Relax a little bit We win by 10+.. we are a much better team.

Play tight, and its a close game... if its a close game, shockingly NW has a ton more fans there and i think NW can pull off the upset. Regardless of the excuses today, yes we played good defense but lets call a spade a spade.. South Dakota was TERRRRRRRIIIIIIIIBBBBBBLLLLLEEEEEEEE.... If we play like that and NWG and Karno go missing again, we could easily lose this game. We have no more Jackrabbits ahead of us. Its all solid teams from here out

I think we will see a team more comfortable with far less weight and expectations on their shoulder than we did today. They took a shot, recovered and missed more open looks than any Zag team than I can remember. Northwestern...who is a good story and seem to have a bunch of great kids, will hang around til half, into the 2nd half when the pure talent takes over.

Zags win 79-62.

Adding to this....as someone who has watched this program for almost 20 years, who would have known we could go into the tournament in SLC, AGAINST a Big 10 team......and not have the fans with us AND be considered the bully. How far we have come. Welcome to the dance Northwestern, I hope you enjoyed your 1st round win, your ride ends Saturday afternoon.

The Zags will be ready. I think it's a unifying thing for them to be in hostile territory. Nigel will not have to off nights in a row. There is no way they score under 70 two games in a row.

Zags 79
    NU. 64

I said elsewhere that I think the huge NU crowd and national appeal will almost help our guys. It gets their focus off themselves, which is always their greatest danger - see BYU at home, and QF/SF of WCC tourney.

Zags 80
    NU 68
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

FWIW, Charles Barkley said Zags "will beat them like they stole something."

Quote Originally Posted by SwainZag View Post
    I think we will see a team more comfortable with far less weight and expectations on their shoulder than we did today. They took a shot, recovered and missed more open looks than any Zag team than I can remember. Northwestern...who is a good story and seem to have a bunch of great kids, will hang around til half, into the 2nd half when the pure talent takes over.

Zags win 79-62.

Adding to this....as someone who has watched this program for almost 20 years, who would have known we could go into the tournament in SLC, AGAINST a Big 10 team......and not have the fans with us AND be considered the bully. How far we have come. Welcome to the dance Northwestern, I hope you enjoyed your 1st round win, your ride ends Saturday afternoon.
    It is a match up between the Greatest "Mid Major" program vs. historically probably the worst Power 5 conference program. The Wildcats are a fine team and a great story this year but that won't be enough to get by the Zags.

Zags 76- 64