• U Zig, I Zag
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2009

Very nicely done.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
      Administrator
      • Apr 2009

This thread belongs in the Hall of Fame.
      “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Radbooks
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2007

That was an amazing article. Brought tears to my eyes.

Well done, Nigel!!
        “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
          Zag for Life
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by FuManShoes View Post
          “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!”
          My favorite part :]

Comment

• ZagsObserver
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2010

Such a great piece. One of my favorite Zags. If he stays another year, he will probably be top 3 for me, along with Turiaf and Morrison. Regardless, lucky to have this Zag leader for this special season.

Comment

• zagsfanforlife
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2007

Man.. I did shed a tear or two myself at the end.

Seems like a great kid.. a great leader.. and a player who is playing for a purpose come this March. I wouldnt want anyone else leading the way. Nice to see that Few drops some explitives and fires up the boys as well.

Loved the ending. Made me cry a bit to see the admiration he has for Ammo. So many people outside of Gonzaga remember Ammo for the tears, the heartbreak. The ending was refreshing because it signifies the empathy I felt for Ammo, but also man... the gratitude. Some great memories that he gave us...

In the same vein, THANK YOU NWG. You are a winner, a class act, and i have faith that you and the boys more than any team before are focused on getting over that hump. You realize how big of a deal it is, but i think you are mature enough to handle that with poise.

Lets go Zags!!

Comment

• GoZags
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Nicely done, NWG ....
                sigpic
                “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
                ——-
                List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
                Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• Billfish'80
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Dec 2008

Wow, Nice contribution by Nigel! I read a few of the other contributions, and have to say, this will not be the last time I visit "The Players Tribune". There were some pretty thought provoking articles there. That's an awesome site. Instant favorite! Thanks for the link.

Comment

• krii
                    Kennel Club Material
                    • Aug 2015

Originally posted by Billfish'80 View Post
                    Wow, Nice contribution by Nigel! I read a few of the other contributions, and have to say, this will not be the last time I visit "The Players Tribune". There were some pretty thought provoking articles there. That's an awesome site. Instant favorite! Thanks for the link.
                    It's one of the best sites ever. I absolutely adore some of the articles in there and, once a time, there is a piece of art written by some well-known sport guys (soccer/football, American football, basketball, tennis etc.).

Highly recommended!

Comment

• Zagceo
                      Zag for Life
                      • Nov 2013

Originally posted by SWZag View Post
                      Absolutely wonderful. Awesome to see a player's view. Fun read. And I'll be looking for "Stella," the inbounds play.
                      the current storm named the same.....could be a sign.....

Comment

• MickMick
                        Zag for Life
                        • Apr 2007

You can be sure that this team will be ready to play this weekend.
                        I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• zagdontzig
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2016

also, getting some love from the cougarboard for the NWG article:

Originally posted by Reborn
                          Go Zags!!!
                          Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

• Zagger
                            Banned
                            • Mar 2008

I sure loved this part ....

And so this is what I would’ve said, if I had walked over to Adam Morrison that day. I would’ve said, “Thank you.” I’m not sure enough people tell him that. I wanted to tell him, and every player who’s ever worn a Zags uniform: “We owe you.”
                            Morrison is the main reason I became a Zags fan. I'm not a sport nut nor watch sports much at all on TV - except for the Zags. The BB I watch is 95% Zag basketball and I'll only watch other teams play if they are NW teams or teams the Zags may be getting the chance to play. I may watch some Cougar and Eagle football but that's about it. Zag basketball though - I just can't get enough of that.
                            At one of the preseason talk/dinners here in town we got to sit next to Morrison. I don't think he really goes to many of these things and I was surprised to see him there and also surprised that my wife and I ended up seated with him. So, I got to tell him why I was a Zags fan. He was really appreciative of that and we had some good conversation. We both went to Mead and even had some same teachers even though I graduated back in 1970. It was a fun evening. There's just so much to like about the Zags and how the program fits in Spokane. It's easy to be a fan - easy to get hooked for life on that end to. The Mrs. and I will be be retiring this year. On our hit list of travels are some of the Zags' tourneys and away games. It's just plain inspiring to see what a group of kids can do when they're passionate about what they're doing, when they're making the best of what they bring to the floor. Go Zags!

Comment

Working...
                            X