Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nigel in the Players' Tribune

Man.. I did shed a tear or two myself at the end.

Seems like a great kid.. a great leader.. and a player who is playing for a purpose come this March. I wouldnt want anyone else leading the way. Nice to see that Few drops some explitives and fires up the boys as well.

Loved the ending. Made me cry a bit to see the admiration he has for Ammo. So many people outside of Gonzaga remember Ammo for the tears, the heartbreak. The ending was refreshing because it signifies the empathy I felt for Ammo, but also man... the gratitude. Some great memories that he gave us...

In the same vein, THANK YOU NWG. You are a winner, a class act, and i have faith that you and the boys more than any team before are focused on getting over that hump. You realize how big of a deal it is, but i think you are mature enough to handle that with poise.

Lets go Zags!!

Nicely done, NWG ....

Wow, Nice contribution by Nigel! I read a few of the other contributions, and have to say, this will not be the last time I visit "The Players Tribune". There were some pretty thought provoking articles there. That's an awesome site. Instant favorite! Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Billfish'80 View Post
    Wow, Nice contribution by Nigel! I read a few of the other contributions, and have to say, this will not be the last time I visit "The Players Tribune". There were some pretty thought provoking articles there. That's an awesome site. Instant favorite! Thanks for the link.
    It's one of the best sites ever. I absolutely adore some of the articles in there and, once a time, there is a piece of art written by some well-known sport guys (soccer/football, American football, basketball, tennis etc.).

Highly recommended!

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    Absolutely wonderful. Awesome to see a player's view. Fun read. And I'll be looking for "Stella," the inbounds play.
    the current storm named the same.....could be a sign.....

You can be sure that this team will be ready to play this weekend.
    I miss Mike Hart

also, getting some love from the cougarboard for the NWG article:

http://www.cougarboard.com/board/mes...ml?id=17526739

I sure loved this part ....

And so this is what I would’ve said, if I had walked over to Adam Morrison that day. I would’ve said, “Thank you.” I’m not sure enough people tell him that. I wanted to tell him, and every player who’s ever worn a Zags uniform: “We owe you.”
    Morrison is the main reason I became a Zags fan. I'm not a sport nut nor watch sports much at all on TV - except for the Zags. The BB I watch is 95% Zag basketball and I'll only watch other teams play if they are NW teams or teams the Zags may be getting the chance to play. I may watch some Cougar and Eagle football but that's about it. Zag basketball though - I just can't get enough of that.
    At one of the preseason talk/dinners here in town we got to sit next to Morrison. I don't think he really goes to many of these things and I was surprised to see him there and also surprised that my wife and I ended up seated with him. So, I got to tell him why I was a Zags fan. He was really appreciative of that and we had some good conversation. We both went to Mead and even had some same teachers even though I graduated back in 1970. It was a fun evening. There's just so much to like about the Zags and how the program fits in Spokane. It's easy to be a fan - easy to get hooked for life on that end to. The Mrs. and I will be be retiring this year. On our hit list of travels are some of the Zags' tourneys and away games. It's just plain inspiring to see what a group of kids can do when they're passionate about what they're doing, when they're making the best of what they bring to the floor. Go Zags!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png