Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Pass Time on Selection Sunday?

Default How Do You Pass Time on Selection Sunday?

I find the time goes by as slowly as any day of the year.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

It does, here's what I do.... Clean house. Work hard. Only way it goes faster. Try to accomplish something.
    Last edited by gonzagafan62; 03-11-2017 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Poor wording
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

It's my day off. That and Monday! We are doing a show in Seattle next weekend, so I'll be working both days, trying to get as much done as possible...and more.

I'll try to take the time to tune in the selection show, but just might be knee deep in something and forget it! LOL.

Zags a 1 seed in the west. Who is the 2, who do the face and on which day? I hope they play Thursday evening so I can watch the game. I'll be vending all day Fri, Sat and Sunday. I do hope to watch a few, and probably set the DVR so I can watch when I get home Monday...or delete as the mood strikes me!
    It's not funny.

I know the one thing that would make it longer.

Have someone say "Conference of Champions" every other minute.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

Yup.

No championships in basketball since she? Lol
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

That was excruciating.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Yup.

No championships in basketball since she? Lol
    You do know the name is mostly because they have a boatload of Championships in all the Olympic/non-revenue sports, right? They do have the most combined National Championships by a humongous margin. The name is fitting if you aren't focused on football and basketball only.

How do I pass time on Selection Sunday?

I will set the clock forward 1 hour. It will get here quicker.

Nice breakfast. Laundry. Watch the last of the conference tourney championships. Catch up on unread newspapers.

Read the MBB. . . .pray for the soul of Dave Pasch. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Sleeping in, and then eating and waiting for the notification that selection Sunday is full blown going. Seems like this year we will know whether the Zags are a 1 or 2 earlier than not. If lower, then we'll complain earlier about it. Hoping this year our overall momentum carries us into the promised land!!!

Going rafting down hangman creek. Only get to do it a few days a year. Have to record it

Doing lots of house cleaning and yard work...build up as much credit in the 'doing my share of household duties' department as possible so I can sit on my ass and watch college hoops the next two weekends. Similar work strategy, go early and stay late Mon thru Weds to get a lot done, leave early Thurs and Friday to watch tourney
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDredZag View Post
    Going rafting down hangman creek. Only get to do it a few days a year. Have to record it
    Sweet! I'm out north along the Little Spokane. It's well over its banks. Play safe on Hangman!
    I have a date with garage cleaning today to pass the time. If I get ahead of things I just might take your cue and get the kayak out. Looks like this will be the driest day for a stretch. Streams should even get higher through the week.

I do my taxes. That way, no matter what the committeee does, the show is still the best part of my day!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Doing lots of house cleaning and yard work...build up as much credit in the 'doing my share of household duties' department as possible so I can sit on my ass and watch college hoops the next two weekends. Similar work strategy, go early and stay late Mon thru Weds to get a lot done, leave early Thurs and Friday to watch tourney
    Hard to build up enough credit around here! Although my wife of 53 years has had MS for 38 of them and is confined to a wheel chair ............ and that I do everything (except cook) she used to do that I took for granted.......she's also blond, Irish, Catholic, with maiden name of Peggy O'Neil. You know what I'm saying?!

Still, she's been uncharacteristily nice to me about Zag BBall this year. I'll cook breakfast this morning. That'll pass me some time and just maybe earn me a little credit and slack for the Zag's next 6 games. Better pray for me, though!

Where is Spring? Will spend time today to prepare for potential 2 feet of snow yikes...get the snow blower ready, grocery shopping, make lots of food, and bunker down for
    selection sunday.

Work and Church. Thankfully, I'll be home from all of that around 415 or 430. So, right as he brackets are staring to be unveiled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seldom watch any award show, the brackets will be out soon enough...I am going skiing...

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDredZag View Post
    Way cool. Be safe, that has to be some pretty cold water. Stay out of it.

In the last few years, I've been less interested in our seed (though last year shocked me as so low), way more interested in finally learning our path. Then reading people's breakdown of the match-ups
    Mark Twain.

Coach Crazy--the bracket announcement starts at 2:30. However, the talking heads will be discussing the selections the rest of the day and night. When you get home you can just download a bracket, and decide if you want to listen to the hype and complaining before filling it out. Enjoy!!

Quote Originally Posted by tyra View Post
    I do my taxes. That way, no matter what the committeee does, the show is still the best part of my day!!!
    I think you win, tyra. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Awesome .... I'm working on my taxes, too .....

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

It's Sunday... so grocery shopping. More of a necessity today since we are supposed to get 1 foot or more of snow on Tuesday.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

great idea, think I'll work on ours over here too.......

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    How do I pass time on Selection Sunday?

I will set the clock forward 1 hour. It will get here quicker.
    I forgot to set my clock ahead until I read your post. The last hour was the fastest hour of my life. Love it. I'm glad I forgot because it's already closer.

My TV is already on CBS and will stay there until it's all over. I'm anxious to hear what CBS analysts think. I already know all about how ESPN analysts think. I'm pretty excited to see the Big 10 Championship game. I've enjoyed watching Michigan play. What a great story about their journey to today, starting with the plane crash. Amazing. I too have house cleaning to do and laundry too, but my focus is on analysis of Selection Sunday. I enjoyed watching Iowa State in their conference tournament so I'm thinking I might watch our game with them. They had an awesome tournament. Wishing you all a Happy Sunday. Way too cold for me to go river rafting, but it is one of my favorite things to do in the summer.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!