Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bill Walton being a dumb ***

Default Bill Walton being a dumb ***

PAC 12 winner gets #1 seed in west. If not? Throw hands up and say rigged.

What the hell?
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    PAC 12 winner gets #1 seed. If not? Throw hands up and say rigged.

What the hell?
    You forgot to include #1 seed in the west.

He is actually worse than Bob Knight as a color guy.

I use to like Walton when he was 80% basketball and 20% schtick. Now that he's flipped those figures he's insufferable.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    You forgot to include #1 seed in the west.
    Oops. Yea probably cuz my anger took over my thought process.
    Love the zags for life

His partner is getting pretty tired of him too. He is completely insufferable to listen to. THE worst announcer I have EVER had the misfortune to listen to and we have to endure Heister.

Hippie Bill was either off his meds or drunk. Could not believe how hard he tried baiting Pasch to argue with him.
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world.
    Those who understand binary and those who do not.
    "Only a madman or an economist thinks exponential growth can go on forever in a finite world."

Func FOO

E .· ` ' / ·. F
    The FOO fuels me.

I keep telling everybody Walton is the worst. Tonight was just normal for him. He's the biggest Pac 12 homer in the world, of course he's going to call for the Pac 12 tourney winner to be a #1 seed. Try not to take anything Walton says too seriously.

AZ looked tough. VERY tough. OR-AZ tomorrow should be a huge game. He's just so inappropriate. A jerk. Not sure why anyone would want to listen to his garbage.

He was tough to listen to through the entirety of the game...ESPN seems to be paying him just to show up and talk about anything he wants. No research, ridiculous use of superlatives to describe routine plays, and he sounds like a constant marketing commercial for the Pac-12 that even probably makes them uncomfortable.

A bit of research across the college basketball spectrum would make a huge difference...watching a game with Bilas on color or one with Walton on color is akin to being in different dimensions...

I am obviously in a minority here (probably a minority of 1), but I love Walton. He's awesome. Though that's entirely based on his NBA commentary, not NCAA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jstock12 View Post
    I am obviously in a minority here (probably a minority of 1), but I love Walton. He's awesome. Though that's entirely based on his NBA commentary, not NCAA.
    He doesn't bug me most the time but comments last night were annoying as.....
    Love the zags for life

The winner of the PAC-12 tourney (hopefully Arizona) probably should get a #1 seed, just not at Gonzaga's expense. I would drop UNC to the 2 line, have Nova, Kansas, Zags and PAC-12 winner as #1s. Why should the West get only one #1?

Quote Originally Posted by beaverzag View Post
    The winner of the PAC-12 tourney (hopefully Arizona) probably should get a #1 seed, just not at Gonzaga's expense. I would drop UNC to the 2 line, have Nova, Kansas, Zags and PAC-12 winner as #1s. Why should the West get only one #1?
    Agree the west has 4 teams in the top 10 right? But sadly how many on the committee?

Has Walton ever worked on a Gonzaga game??
    He seemed to give the Zags no love for even being considered for a #1 seed.
    He sounds like a spoiled brat and argumentative.

Quote Originally Posted by beaverzag View Post
    if ducks win, argument for a 1-seed. If zona? don't think so.

now, between ducks and zags, i agree with your comment that both could deserve a 1-seed BUT: which do you think those coaches/teams would rather: a 2-seed in San Jose or a 1-seed in Memphis (I'm assuming nova goes to NY and kansas to K.C.). I'd rather the 2 out west and I bet Fewie does too.

It will do you no good to complain here...complain at ESPN...Walton is the embodiment of everything that is wrong in our culture.. a self centered, loud mouth bully who loves the sound of his voice .

Quote Originally Posted by NEC26 View Post
    He is actually worse than Bob Knight as a color guy.
    Knight really knows the game I thought he was pretty calm and insightful...Walton and Vitale are both insufferable

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    It will do you no good to complain here...complain at ESPN...Walton is the embodiment of everything that is wrong in our culture.. a self centered, loud mouth bully who loves the sound of his voice .
    I liked him, Walton, better with the studder.

Walton is a blowhard and a pac-12 homer but I really wouldnt be surprised if the 4 top seeds are Nova Kansas UNC and Zona/Oregon...whether we get a 2 or 1 the zags probably need to beat one of the three pac-12 heavyweights to get to a final four so Im not sure the seed makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Zigzag92 View Post
    Walton is a blowhard and a pac-12 homer but I really wouldnt be surprised if the 4 top seeds are Nova Kansas UNC and Zona/Oregon...whether we get a 2 or 1 the zags probably need to beat one of the three pac-12 heavyweights to get to a final four so Im not sure the seed makes a difference
    I agree that it COULD happen, but I don't think it will.

RPI
    Zags: 10
    Ducks: 7

Record against RPI top 25
    Zags: 6-0
    Ducks: 3-2 (If beat Zona today)

Record against RPI top 50
    Zags: 6-0
    Ducks: 5-2 (that's IF they win today against Zona)

Record against RPI top 100
    Zags: 12-1
    Ducks: 19-3

A bunch more top 100 wins (FWIW a good chunk of those are RPIs in the 80's and 90's) but otherwise the zags resume compares well.

If Zona wins I dont think the committee could resist having four darling blue bloods as the top seeds

If Zona wins I dont think the committee could resist having four darling blue bloods as the top seeds
    But we beat them...would be hard to swallow not having a higher seed. If Oregon wins convincingly I can see them bumping us...

Walton is a tool, but I find him quite entertaining...he can't believe all the dribble he spills!
    Go Zags!!!

Knight really knows the game I thought he was pretty calm and insightful...Walton and Vitale are both insufferable
    I really like Knight calling games. Very good at breaking down what the teams were doing and how/why it worked or didn't work.

He has a screw loose.

A trusted friend of mine from Portland told me a story about a private party he attended in Portland long ago that included Bill Walton. Apparently he is the life of the party. I won't go into detail, but the story is entertaining to say the least.
    I miss Mike Hart