Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Karnowski is the All-Time Wins Leader with 132

Default Karnowski is the All-Time Wins Leader with 132

I know that Battier has been touted as the all-time leader 133 wins, but this isn't correct. Duke won 133 games over his 4 seasons, however, Battier didn't play in two of the wins in the 1998-99 season. Those two games were against Fresno State and UNC. Hopefully the media can jump on this and Mt. Karno can get the credit he deserves.

Wonder if Goodman, Davis, and others, would actually give a hoot. . .

Congrats to Mr. Karnowski ! A mountain masquerading as a man. . .

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Is this record including Karno's wins from last year before he was injured? Because if it includes wins from 4 seasons + a bit of a fifth it might be a little tainted.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags_Fanatic View Post
    I know that Battier has been touted as the all-time leader 133 wins, but this isn't correct. Duke won 133 games over his 4 seasons, however, Battier didn't play in two of the wins in the 1998-99 season. Those two games were against Fresno State and UNC. Hopefully the media can jump on this and Mt. Karno can get the credit he deserves.
    Excellent. Hope the error is corrected. Didn't know about this so figured Karno needed 1 win to tie, 2 to stand alone.
    Stands alone for me, regardless!

Quote Originally Posted by nonzagzag View Post
    Is this record including Karno's wins from last year before he was injured? Because if it includes wins from 4 seasons + a bit of a fifth it might be a little tainted.
    Yes. Just like all other stats accumulated.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Wow, nice pick up! FYI, I found a box score of Duke vs FS and he's not listed. How did you find this out?

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Wow, nice pick up! FYI, I found a box score of Duke vs FS and he's not listed. How did you find this out?
    Too much time on my hands and I thought it was odd that Duke had exactly 133 wins. It's possible but seems fairly rare for a player to play in every game over 4 years. The other game was the final regular season game vs. UNC.

Too much time on my hands and I thought it was odd that Duke had exactly 133 wins. It's possible but seems fairly rare for a player to play in every game over 4 years. The other game was the final regular season game vs. UNC.
    Genius! Or close enough. Nice work!

Someone should tweet this to some of the big analysts to set the record straight...bilas, parrish? goodman?

If the Athletic Department publishes it with their next "Game Notes" Press Release, it might make the air. . .

So: How many games played did it take for Battier to get those wins ? Same question for Shem ??
    Last edited by RenoZag; 03-08-2017 at 04:04 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    If the Athletic Department publishes it with their next "Game Notes" Press Release, it might make the air. . .

So: How many games played did it take Battier for to get those wins ? Same question for Shem ??
    Battier: 146 (assuming that wasn't a borked stat as well)
    Mt. K: 146 (at the moment)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...5_games_played
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board

Quote Originally Posted by Once and Future Zag View Post
    Battier: 146 (assuming that wasn't a borked stat as well)
    Mt. K: 146 (at the moment)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...5_games_played
    Thanks. During his career, Duke played 148 games, winning 133. Shane B played 146 of the 148. His "wins" have to be 131, not 133.

Battier's wins are listed as 131 on page 126 of Duke's 2016-17 Media guide, games played as 146 on the same page. I wonder where the 133 figure originated?

http://www.goduke.com/fls/4200/media...edia_Guide.pdf
    Last edited by KStyles; 03-09-2017 at 12:04 PM.

This stat and JWs winning taps. Like to hear about these.

I hope this record stands for a while because I would love to hear people try to pronounce Przemysław Karnowski 10 years from now.

I think they are saying career wins=wins by team during your career. Doesn't have to play to count. Rem's numbers are huge, and he didn't play much.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk

Duke's media guide entry has this footnote re: Most Overall Victories

"Victories Count if Player Saw Action in Game." The same reference also indicates Battier as the NCAA Record Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    I think they are saying career wins=wins by team during your career. Doesn't have to play to count. Rem's numbers are huge, and he didn't play much.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk
    Different stat. You have to play in the game for it to count. According to the mist recent info, Karnowski is the leader.

Default Is Shem Already Ahead of Battier for Career Wins?

interesting...off of SSF...

In comments

"Karnowski is ALREADY the winningest player in NCAA history. Battier missed 2 games in the 1998-99 season against Fresno State and UNC so he only played in 131 of those wins. It would have been nice to have more of a buildup and celebration after the SCU and SMC wins but the fact is that Karnowski is already the outright winningest player with 132.

In case anyone doesn't believe this, check out page 126 in this Duke Media Guide
    http://www.goduke.com/fls/4200/media-guides/mbb/2016-17/2016-17_Duke_MBB_Media_Guide.pdf"

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2017...onzaga-bulldog

Go!! Zags!!!

Zags_Fanatic came up with that info.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...eader-with-132

I hope SSF credited him.

Yep... their guide says 131... pg 126.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    interesting...off of SSF...

In comments

"Karnowski is ALREADY the winningest player in NCAA history. Battier missed 2 games in the 1998-99 season against Fresno State and UNC so he only played in 131 of those wins. It would have been nice to have more of a buildup and celebration after the SCU and SMC wins but the fact is that Karnowski is already the outright winningest player with 132.

In case anyone doesn't believe this, check out page 126 in this Duke Media Guide
    http://www.goduke.com/fls/4200/media-guides/mbb/2016-17/2016-17_Duke_MBB_Media_Guide.pdf"

http://www.slipperstillfits.com/2017...onzaga-bulldog

Go!! Zags!!!
    Karno, Shem, The Mountain, Shemmick, The Presence, et al..................Now The King! King Karnowski, King Karno, take your pick. He Rules the Middle, too!

Just wanted to say that this thread was also credited by none other than Tommy Lloyd during the banquet tonight, just in case anyone ever wonders if any of the coaches are reading. Got one extra standing O for Karnowski and now the true record is definitely on the athletic department's radar.

Just wanted to say that this thread was also credited by none other than Tommy Lloyd during the banquet tonight, just in case anyone ever wonders if any of the coaches are reading. Got one extra standing O for Karnowski and now the true record is definitely on the athletic department's radar.
    So are you the stats guy he was referring to about digging out the truth. If so good job.

Good work, fanatic.