Thread: WCC Survey - Tournament Site.

Default WCC Survey - Tournament Site.

Hey Y'all, the Cougarboard has a narrative sprouting that it would be helpful to play the tournament in Salt Lake. Although I love my home town, I don't want any team to get a geographic advantage, especially when Las Vegas is already an easy trip from Utah County.

Anyhow, here's the survey they're all giddy about. Do your part.

https://www.research.net/r/WCC_BYU

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Hey Y'all, the Cougarboard has a narrative sprouting that it would be helpful to play the tournament in Salt Lake. Although I love my home town, I don't want any team to get a geographic advantage, especially when Las Vegas is already an easy trip from Utah County.

Anyhow, here's the survey they're all giddy about. Do your part.

https://www.research.net/r/WCC_BYU
    So the WCC office thinks we can be compared to the Big East...Zags & SMC would be competitive, but that's about it.

waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    waste of money
    No kidding...I don't think they have a strategy, let alone a clue. IMHO, it starts with improving the competitiveness, and attendance throughout the conference. When BYU plays at Pepperdine with less than 1000 in the stands, that's just sad.

You cannot get any valid or useful information from a self selecting poll because you don't have a representative sample. They are called SLOP...self selected listener opinion polls....

I imagine the Universities will decide where and when the tournament will be and for their own reasons..

Just imagine the amount of fans in a 19,000 seat arena for the WCC tournament play in game....

Vegas is the perfect place for this tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Just imagine the amount of fans in a 19,000 seat arena for the WCC tournament play in game....

I'm picturing the attendance at the BYU-Pepp game, 1000 comatose fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post

Agreed.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Not sure the love for Vegas or even thinking SLC would be good; however, with all the East Coast bias, the game should be played in Charleston, SC. Charleston is a great city and has a nice auditorium AND it is on the East Coast too!

I might be kind of biased but feel confident there would be at least 3 zag fans in attendance (me, the wife and GonzagaasaurusFlex)...

Hmmm Vegas or Salt Lake....that's a tough one.

I'll go with Vegas. The other correct answer would be "anywhere but Salt Lake."
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

okay I did it ...and I listed BYU LAST on the list of the WCC teams, as if an after thought....LOL

Didn't get past the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Not sure the love for Vegas or even thinking SLC would be good; however, with all the East Coast bias, the game should be played in Charleston, SC. Charleston is a great city and has a nice auditorium AND it is on the East Coast too!

I might be kind of biased but feel confident there would be at least 3 zag fans in attendance (me, the wife and GonzagaasaurusFlex)...
    +1 ; bump; this
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post

Didn't get past the first page.

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Be glad those were the only 3 choices! Gag...
    Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Respectfully, if you must "agree with her politics", do it somewhere else. Go Bulldogs!
    So are social political opinions only allowed if you agree?

At this point, holding the tournament anywhere but Vegas would be a HUGE downgrade. Just look at all the other conferences that have followed suit. It is *fantastic* to have the WCC tournament in a destination location like this. SLC would be a laughably bad choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

Count us is, Bogo! I've been to C-Town once, and loved it. My wife would definitely be on board with it, a major selling point. That should bump it up to nearly double digits!

If you are concerned about the costs of travel and the length of the stay in Vegas, you could shorten the tournament by protecting the seeded teams with another bye and...... play all the games on the campus of the better seed..

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    If you are concerned about the costs of travel and the length of the stay in Vegas, you could shorten the tournament by protecting the seeded teams with another bye and...... play all the games on the campus of the better seed..
    Or play on Sunday.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time