Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: West Coast Conference - Money Distribution

  1. #1

    Default West Coast Conference - Money Distribution


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy
    Posts
    2,364

    Default

    I'm pretty happy with how it all shakes out. GU should be proud what it does for the WCC - and for GU for that matter. But, I'd likely have been blacklisted in the 50s-60s for my socialistic bent (not far enough to be a commie though)
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6,880

    Default

    Looked at the numbers. Is that NCAA tourney money coming back to teams? Or total dollars (ticket sales and the like?)

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    2,871

    Default

    Does the WCC receive a "cut" of that money too?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    5,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Does the WCC receive a "cut" of that money too?
    I think the WCC office receives a share of the NCAA tournament money as if it were the 11th team in the conference.

    I'm not so sure they need $5+ million a year to staff and operate the Office of the Commissioner. Maybe it's because I haven't see the WCC Commissioner show much in the way of leadership. This year's WCC basketball schedule is for the birds IMO. Haven't seen any original ideas coming from them to improve the quality of the programs across the conference.

    A few hundred grand, if employed properly, could do wonders for each of the schools: better salaries for assistant coaches, video equipment, recruiting budgets, etc.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,697

    Default

    GU is a wonderful philanthropy. Does this include espn and spectrum sports rights fees? Meetings of the conference presidents and athletic directors must be interesting.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    5,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    GU is a wonderful philanthropy. Does this include espn and spectrum sports rights fees? Meetings of the conference presidents and athletic directors must be interesting.
    Just for you jazz:

    https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...sketball-fund/

    It's two years old, but not much has changed. Zags are prominently featured.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,697

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Just for you jazz:

    https://www.bloomberg.com/graphics/2...sketball-fund/

    It's two years old, but not much has changed. Zags are prominently featured.
    Good stuff, Tex. My question, how do officials from other conference members even show their faces in Vegas or at the FF?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    5,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Good stuff, Tex. My question, how do officials from other conference members even show their faces in Vegas or at the FF?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,697

    Default

    "Food, glorious food......."

    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ly7PONiKGUs

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    3,604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    +1
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •