• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ProVeeZag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by thegloriousgoateeofKP View Post
    I'd be curious to hear from someone who was actually turned away. Was it like, "Hey, you can't enter" or more like, "Hey, we're as packed as possible, you can come in if you want but you're gonna be really uncomfortable and have a bad view of the court?"
    Probably more like "We have a middle stall open, but the latch don't work. And the toilet's plugged solid. It's yours if you want it."
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• bballbeachbum
      Zag for Life
      • Dec 2008

Originally posted by thegloriousgoateeofKP View Post
      I'd be curious to hear from someone who was actually turned away. Was it like, "Hey, you can't enter" or more like, "Hey, we're as packed as possible, you can come in if you want but you're gonna be really uncomfortable and have a bad view of the court?"
      congrats on your first McKeon Pavilion experience and being there to enjoy such a huge win

Comment

• realtydog
        Kennel Club
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
        Way out of line. Moraga is a beautiful place to live and the campus is gorgeous. They have no desire to "aspire" to the absolute potty hole that is San Francisco and Oakland. That is literal, by the way. Walking in both of those towns means dodging human feces and smelling urine. http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...e-10459969.php

I don't know what your definition of hayseed is, but I can guess. What I detect is an elitist snob attack on millions of hard working people that prefer their way of life over city living. That's all.
        Well said

Comment

• soccerdud
          Zag for Life
          • Jul 2009

Way out of line. Moraga is a beautiful place to live and the campus is gorgeous. They have no desire to "aspire" to the absolute potty hole that is San Francisco and Oakland. That is literal, by the way. Walking in both of those towns means dodging human feces and smelling urine. http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...e-10459969.php

I don't know what your definition of hayseed is, but I can guess. What I detect is an elitist snob attack on millions of hard working people that prefer their way of life over city living. That's all.
          aye, and for anyone who knows reno (the city), the unintentional hilarity in that post is quite simply off the charts.

Comment

• 77Zag
            Zag for Life
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
            St. Mary's is a bush league operation. They aspire to " Bay Area" standards when they are really closer to San Joaquin Valley hayseeds. Might as well move them to Modesto.
            Hold on a bit Reno -- St. Mary's is not even in the league of San Joaquin Hayseeds nor good enough for Modesto. As a Valleryite out here in Oakdale and working in Modesto, I'm insulted you think SMC is good enough for our almond saturated dust bowl. By the way, speaking of dust bowl, a very fine brewery - Dust Bowl - Turlock, CA

The garage in Moraga is perfect for housing marsupials and Vegemite eating souls.

Go Zags - Beat the Dons!
            “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• 77Zag
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by jaydee77 View Post
              The athletic/ticket department at St Mary's should be embarrassed. They over sold this game by at least several hundred people. If the fire Marshall in Moraga was on campus he would have shut it down. There was absolutely no where to move. Biggest athletic event in school history and they screwed it up completely. People were paying $400 on stubhub and could not get in. Standing room only an hour and a half before tip off. On the lighter side: down thirteen with a few minutes left the P.A. Guy warns the crowd about storming the court. Gael athletic department not ready to host big events. Just awful
              JD - 100% correct
              The garage is a joke -- won't go again until or unless I have reserved seat back seats -- WCC needs to take a stance on this crap. Had a great seat at home with my vodka and big screen.

Go Zags - Beat the Dons!
              “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by soccerdud View Post
                aye, and for anyone who knows reno (the city), the unintentional hilarity in that post is quite simply off the charts.
                Watch it, son...my sister lives in Reno and my BIL is a retired sheriff. They must be enjoying life, because they haven't returned my past couple of phone calls.

Comment

• sittingon50
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                  They must be enjoying life, because they haven't returned my past couple of phone calls.
                  But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• soccerdud
                    Zag for Life
                    • Jul 2009

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
                    Watch it, son...my sister lives in Reno and my BIL is a retired sheriff. They must be enjoying life, because they haven't returned my past couple of phone calls.
                    haha, i wasn't getting hoity-toity. i was born and raised in elko. father and wife born in ely. dad played high school football at wooster, and i still have lots of family (aunts/uncles/cousins, parents-in-law, wife's sister and her family, etc) all there. parents-in-law moved to reno when he went from being a rural warden to being chief-of-game of the state (since retired). i was there over christmas and alternate between reno (technically, mogul) and elko for holidays.

growing up, we split our winter vacations between reno and slc (wasatch snow >>> sierra cement -- but i preferred reno if it meant staying at circus circus, which was a rare treat), and throughout high school every other week i was taking 6 hour bus rides -- school buses are slow -- down i-80 to reno for soccer or marching band, back when EHS was in the big school division. more than half my high school class that went to college went to UNR (yay original millenium scholarship), and the vast majority of them are still there. oh, and both my parents are graduates.

heck, our traditional family christmas dinner is the original pan roast recipe from john ascuaga's nugget, and i was always more excited about the nevada day parade in carson than trick-or-treating for halloween.

i know and love rural nevada. and i know what reno is and what it wants/pretends to be.

and someone from reno calling someone else "hayseeds" and talking about the standards they aspire to? i maintain my original position that there is much hilarity there. and this comes from a kid who had to drive 4 hours to get to a taco bell in high school (elko has had one for 15 years or so now, thanks for asking). reno is getting better tho: brother-in-law works for the engineering company doing downtown beautification. depot distillery is great. branded hearts was awesome, pretty much run by one guy (tastings by appt only). improving craft beer scene. we'll see what the tesla factory does.
                    Last edited by soccerdud; 02-16-2017, 10:30 AM.

Comment

• bettingman
                      Bulldog Fan
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 77Zag View Post
                      . By the way, speaking of dust bowl, a very fine brewery - Dust Bowl - Turlock, CA
                      Hops of Wrath! YUM.

Comment

• webspinnre
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

While I wasn't there this year, I've been there 3 times, once with an actual seat, twice GA. The key with GA is you've got to get there early to get an actual seat, otherwise its standing room in back. I've got no problem with the GA setup, but I could definitely see an issue if it was seriously oversold. I wasn't there, so can't speak to that part. I love Moraga, it's a delightful area, and a nice drive down to the game.
                        I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Comment

• Dirt McGirt
                          Gael Force Material
                          • Feb 2011

I'll have you know that Dirt McGirt is a native San Franciscan who now resides in Oakland. I will not stand for this kind of talk.

Congratulations on your season. Very excited for you guys!

Comment

• sittingon50
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

DIRT'S ALIVE!!!
                            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• roundup
                              Bulldog Fan
                              • Apr 2013

DIRT - come back to GIAG!!

Comment

• Dirt McGirt
                                Gael Force Material
                                • Feb 2011

"To all my love slaves out there; Thunderlips is here... in the flesh, baby."

Comment

Working...
                                X