Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: St Mary's athletic department

Default St Mary's athletic department

The athletic/ticket department at St Mary's should be embarrassed. They over sold this game by at least several hundred people. If the fire Marshall in Moraga was on campus he would have shut it down. There was absolutely no where to move. Biggest athletic event in school history and they screwed it up completely. People were paying $400 on stubhub and could not get in. Standing room only an hour and a half before tip off. On the lighter side: down thirteen with a few minutes left the P.A. Guy warns the crowd about storming the court. Gael athletic department not ready to host big events. Just awful

Do people bring their own folding chairs and sit where they want? Or does the athletic department squeeze the chairs in where they can and just ask the fans to fold them up at the end of the game and put them in a racks as they are leaving?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
    Do people bring their own folding chairs and sit where they want? Or does the athletic department squeeze the chairs in where they can and just ask the fans to fold them up at the end of the game and put them in a racks as they are leaving?
    It's called a standing room ticket

St. Mary's is a bush league operation. They aspire to " Bay Area" standards when they are really closer to San Joaquin Valley hayseeds. Might as well move them to Modesto.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    St. Mary's is a bush league operation. They aspire to " Bay Area" standards when they are really closer to San Joaquin Valley hayseeds. Might as well move them to Modesto.
    Thats not nice......but really funny

You been in that cracker box? Where is the "standing room"??

This is the game of the year, every year. What do you expect?

I think it's great. Much better than seeing the empty seats at LMU. Moraga does need a new facility though. SMC is a good program. I hope they stay in the top 25 each season. They gave the Zags a pretty good game and would not surprise me if they do well in the NCAAs against teams who do not defend as well as the Zags.

ESPN actually showed a shot of a guy hanging onto a rafter.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Reminds me of the game at USF when Adam was playing where they had that massive Wanted: Adam Morrison poster. There were kids hanging off the balcony and all sorts of hazardous situations. They asked the kids to get out the building, but they wouldn't, so they stayed.

On the lighter side: down thirteen with a few minutes left the P.A. Guy warns the crowd about storming the court.
    If SMC had made a come back to win the game, the students would've brought a new meaning to rushing the floor.

SMC has got to get a new basketball venue. As long as you have a gym like that, you're going to have safety issues.

Before the remodel

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee77 View Post
    The athletic/ticket department at St Mary's should be embarrassed. They over sold this game by at least several hundred people. If the fire Marshall in Moraga was on campus he would have shut it down. There was absolutely no where to move. Biggest athletic event in school history and they screwed it up completely. People were paying $400 on stubhub and could not get in. Standing room only an hour and a half before tip off. On the lighter side: down thirteen with a few minutes left the P.A. Guy warns the crowd about storming the court. Gael athletic department not ready to host big events. Just awful
    Nothing new here.....I think it has been that way for some time

Agree with this 100%. Hope they get cited. Occupancy codes and fire codes are there for a reason and are no joke. People literally die in these situations frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Reminds me of the game at USF when Adam was playing where they had that massive Wanted: Adam Morrison poster. There were kids hanging off the balcony and all sorts of hazardous situations. They asked the kids to get out the building, but they wouldn't, so they stayed.
    That game was still the craziest for me to see on TV as well. I remember all the kids sitting against the railing and the legs hanging down everywhere. The announcers brought it up several times during the game. Also the infamous 'reds' were on display. Man, that team had offense but really lacked on the defensive side. It was always a shootout.

IF YOU WANT A THING DONE WELL, DO IT YOURSELF. -NAPOLEON BONAPARTE

I was at the overflow USF game. Last night was worse. I get standing room only but three deep is a bit much. This was a dangerous situation that St Mary's handled poorly. A facility manager was apologizing to fans leaving before tip off. total bush league

Actually it is not a standing room ticket. The tickets were general admission. In a 3,500 seat facility it's not that difficult to estimate total capacity. When you intentionally over sell this small venue to the point of making it dangerous you are being irresponsible. I heard several references to the "ghost ship" fire. Anyone who thinks overselling to this degree is great was obviously watching from home

I have a couple friends that traveled a long distance to go to this game and weren't let in.

I use to live there and they have an airport and some large high school gyms there too! Oh, and if you like almonds and "fine" Gallo wines that's the spot!

Quote Originally Posted by theCOG View Post
    I have a couple friends that traveled a long distance to go to this game and weren't let in.
    Did they have assigned seats?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezag View Post
    This is the game of the year, every year. What do you expect?
    Not to oversell the tickets? That's not asking much. It's easy to make light of but I'll bet a person holding a ticket that couldn't get in, a ticket that cost $400, would be awfully mad and that anger would be directed quite appropriately at the AD department.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Just talked with a California (and Zag fan) friend who was there and paid $350 for a seat 4 rows behind Karno. He said they got there 15 minutes before, walked right in and that there were a bunch of fireman by the door. Just sayin.....

My favorite quote! It's sad to me when you realize this is the only other school that gives a darn about basketball.

Way out of line. Moraga is a beautiful place to live and the campus is gorgeous. They have no desire to "aspire" to the absolute potty hole that is San Francisco and Oakland. That is literal, by the way. Walking in both of those towns means dodging human feces and smelling urine. http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...e-10459969.php

I don't know what your definition of hayseed is, but I can guess. What I detect is an elitist snob attack on millions of hard working people that prefer their way of life over city living. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Way out of line. Moraga is a beautiful place to live and the campus is gorgeous. They have no desire to "aspire" to the absolute potty hole that is San Francisco and Oakland. That is literal, by the way. Walking in both of those towns means dodging human feces and smelling urine. http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...e-10459969.php

I don't know what your definition of hayseed is, but I can guess. What I detect is an elitist snob attack on millions of hard working people that prefer their way of life over city living. That's all.
    Sounds like seattle
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few