Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gonzaga vs Santa Clara...predictions and other thoughts

Default Gonzaga vs Santa Clara...predictions and other thoughts

GONZAGA 77
    SABTA CLARA 62

The Zags have a bit of a let up after a very big win last night. Santa Clara is no slouch. They are tied for 3rd place with BYU. The Zags had better be ready to play.

I hope Mr. Mathews can find his shot. I'm beginning to worry about him. I hope he breaks out of that slump and cans 6 thee's.
    Great defense holds this team together. .
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    GONZAGA 77
    SABTA CLARA 62

The Zags have a bit of a let up after a very big win last night. Santa Clara is no slouch. They are tied for 3rd place with BYU. The Zags had better be ready to play.

I hope Mr. Mathews can find his shot. I'm beginning to worry about him. I hope he breaks out of that slump and cans 6 thee's.
    Great defense holds this team together. .
    Hoping there's no letdown...Kennel Club needs to bring it!

Zags 88
    SCU 55

Not worried about Santa Clara in the Kennel. GU wins by 25. Also not worried about Mathews. He's a seasoned vet who is a little streaky at times, but his shot and consistency have been proven over time. Last night BYU did a good job on him. He can shoot contested shots, but few open looks passed his scrutiny against BYU. I hope Santa Clara throws some more zone at GU. That has ALWAYS been the GU weak spot. The zone leads to low scoring due to worthless passing around the perimeter until the shot clock makes us force up a shot. We can't rely on Goss having a career night to bail us out every time we face a zone. We need a better offense against zone defenses.

Like so many others, I would like to see Mathews hit a ton of threes and get his confidence going again. I'd like to see him attack the basket a bit more as well. GU needs everyone to by flying on all cylinders if they hope to win at SMC next weekend.

I'd also like to see the team REALLY put the clamps on Jared Brownridge. I am tired of seeing him draining threes against the Zags.

Put the game away early, and let the bench guys get some PT. Especially Tillie who has been out a bit.

Beat SCU on their home court by 30... Same result on our court.

More importantly, how are you Reborn? I know you've been suffering from some injuries and ailments. Hope you're feeling better these days!

I view the game thru a different set of lenses...where most want to focus on offensive improvement my concern is giving up almost 50 points in a half

I want to see extremely tough defense and rebounding

I want to see more ball movement seeking a good shot

Zags 84
    SC 58
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

94-61 Zags...

Go!! Zags!!!

Zags 90-70. Another one of those games where they'll be up by 30+ with 5 mins left and the subs will see some quality minutes, but give up some points and make the final score seem closer than it really was.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

No let up here bornie....

Gonzaga 99
    Santa Clara 53

Tillie with 20/10/3
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    No let up here bornie....

Gonzaga 99
    Santa Clara 53

Tillie with 20/10/3
    Now there's a bold prediction!

87-69 Gonzaga!

Zags 80
    SCU -60

Hope to see some shooting slumps go bye-bye
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Zags 82
    Broncos 59

Hope to see Matthews make at least 3 treys. Also want to see Nigel's minutes limited to no more than 30 ... he's been the lead pack dog for months, it seems.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Zags 93-65

Bulldogs - 83
    Broncos - 60

Brownridge gets his. KJ Feagin is nursing an ankle injury and is listed as questionable.

SCU is 342 ( out of 351) in Possessions per game (FWIW, the Gaels are 351), Broncos will try to slow things down but without a prayer of winning @ The Kennel.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 02-04-2017 at 06:57 AM.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Thanks for the memories.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Beat SCU on their home court by 30... Same result on our court.

More importantly, how are you Reborn? I know you've been suffering from some injuries and ailments. Hope you're feeling better these days!
    Thanks for asking abd caring. I HAVE TO LAUGH as I look back at thge old days when we were like cats and dogs. So much better to feel like brothers. I'M DOING BETTER but have a ways to go. I'M getting ready for at least 6 weeks of PT. Most likely more than that. I've been out of my sling for 4 weeks. Been doing exercises at home for two months, I'll continue to do those while I attend PT now. I DO PRETTY GOOD MENTALLY, BIT AT TIMES i GET A LITTLE DOWN BECAUSE IT'S so slow. Recovery is so slow and so long. The pain comes and goes from day to day, and hurts to do the exercises. I'm glad I learned what most athletes learn, "No pain no gain. " STILL TYPING WITH ONE FINGER. Getting a little better, but it's pretty slow.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Gu 90
    Sc 63

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Thanks for asking abd caring. I HAVE TO LAUGH as I look back at thge old days when we were like cats and dogs. So much better to feel like brothers. I'M DOING BETTER but have a ways to go. I'M getting ready for at least 6 weeks of PT. Most likely more than that. I've been out of my sling for 4 weeks. Been doing exercises at home for two months, I'll continue to do those while I attend PT now. I DO PRETTY GOOD MENTALLY, BIT AT TIMES i GET A LITTLE DOWN BECAUSE IT'S so slow. Recovery is so slow and so long. The pain comes and goes from day to day, and hurts to do the exercises. I'm glad I learned what most athletes learn, "No pain no gain. " STILL TYPING WITH ONE FINGER. Getting a little better, but it's pretty slow.

Hang in there buddy. I'm sending positive vibes your way!

NO INJURIES !!

Zags 84
    SCU 61

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Zags 80
    SCU -60

Hope to see some shooting slumps go bye-bye
    Is that even possible?

Zags 89 sc 69
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

92-58 Zags!
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

88-70 Zags
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Zags 100
    Santa Clara 65

1st game @ home this season with the #1. Think the team will show the home crowd some spiffy dunks and lots of 3s. 6 Zags in double figures and good D on Brownridge.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png