Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Things I do not care about:

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    Anything people claim as a piece of "herstory"....history is not a sexist term, it's from Greek. We're one day in to women's history month and my eye is permanently twitchy from that term. It's akin to the media adding "gate" after the name of every scandal.
    Yeah, I hear you. I'm generally all for increased awareness and sensitivity, "PC" for lack of a better term, but there's definitely some eye rollers. Gotta laugh, there will always be some "misses" in the process.

The "gate" thing is just media laziness, I don't like it either.

Things I do not care about:

I do not need an hour by hour breakdown of whether we go to the MWC. I think Gonzaga will survive in either one. I know the pros/cons of both being in a conference with Portland, versus being in a conference with UNLV, upside and downside to both is obvious. It will work out if we keep doing things right, either way.

I do not care about dark chocolate, though I am appreciating more and more that a carefully hidden, then presented at about 8:00 p.m. piece of dark chocolate beats off spousal anxiety better than most of the stuff they keep locked up at the pharmacy. Right, sis?

If I have to order out, Pizza Hut is about the best of the chains, do not care about Dominoes, definitely don't care about Papa Johns.

Need a job writing beer commercials. (not sure why that is in here but I'm going with it.)

Ornamental tomatoes.

Anaheim peppers (jalapeno and serrano are the way to go for salsa)

Hardees.

Small Big Mac - If you're going to do it, pull the damn trigger and get real size or full size. Embrace the horror! About every 6 weeks, need one.

Louisville, city and university and coach
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Yeah, I hear you. I'm generally all for increased awareness and sensitivity, "PC" for lack of a better term, but there's definitely some eye rollers. Gotta laugh, there will always be some "misses" in the process.

The "gate" thing is just media laziness, I don't like it either.

I do not care about dark chocolate, though I am appreciating more and more that a carefully hidden, then presented at about 8:00 p.m. piece of dark chocolate beats off spousal anxiety better than most of the stuff they keep locked up at the pharmacy. Right, sis?
    It's the nonsense term that makes me roll my eyes, "oh, they changed it to begin with a feminine pronoun and by creating this non-word it completely wipes clean the lower wages, years women didn't have the vote, and the better part of history where all their possessions became their husbands property. Gibberish=liberation?! "

I'm more of a milk chocolate fan and yes I hide it, hide it all over the house, laundry room check, in boring looking pantry boxes check, you don't even want to know the clever place I have Cadbury eggs stashed. But alas, the boys are on to me, they've come over and sniffed me after I snuck chocolate (I felt like Ripley with the Alien close to her face) "what were you eating Mommy?" Chocolate also tastes better when it's crazy cheap. I'm not a completely crazy coupon lady, but I have recently found Girihdelli squares and chocolate covered cherries for 7¢ thanks to coupons. Everyone else can have their couponing for mayonnaise and laundry detergent stockpiles, I'll take the chocolates!

It's the nonsense term that makes me roll my eyes, "oh, they changed it to begin with a feminine pronoun and by creating this non-word it completely wipes clean the lower wages, years women didn't have the vote, and the better part of history where all their possessions became their husbands property. Gibberish=liberation?! "

I'm more of a milk chocolate fan and yes I hide it, hide it all over the house, laundry room check, in boring looking pantry boxes check, you don't even want to know the clever place I have Cadbury eggs stashed. But alas, the boys are on to me, they've come over and sniffed me after I snuck chocolate (I felt like Ripley with the Alien close to her face) "what were you eating Mommy?" Chocolate also tastes better when it's crazy cheap. I'm not a completely crazy coupon lady, but I have recently found Girihdelli squares and chocolate covered cherries for 7¢ thanks to coupons. Everyone else can have their couponing for mayonnaise and laundry detergent stockpiles, I'll take the chocolates!
    I keep it hidden to give her at just the right time. Such a little thing, so appreciated. Even pills don't work the moment it hits the lips, but chocolate seems to.

It's a necessity. Though, it requires some discipline so that I don't eat it, and yes, hiding to keep from the little one who's not as little anymore. But, definitely worth it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Do not care about- fruit and chocolate. Great separate, bad together (banana ok)

Brussels Sprouts

Dallas Cowboys

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    Dallas Cowboys
    Absolutely.

And Rangers, Mavericks and Stars (they should never have been allowed to steal Minnesota's hockey team. They used to be the North Stars.)

Texas (except Austin, certain areas near Houston, South Padre, El Paso is supposed to be kinda cool, Ft. Worth is funkier than Dallas.)

Baylor

Waco

Amarillo

Houston Rockets

ATT stadium or whatever they call it now.

"Metroplexes" (can't even name your area after anything besides being big?)

DFW airport - god help you if you have a connection in 25 mins, land on runway 8 miles from terminal, have to take escalator, train, run, stairs to gate on opposite side of airport, with 8 year old, make it panting, sit down as they close door, open $12 sandwich you bought running by deli, out of breath half the flight.
    Mark Twain.

I'm more of a milk chocolate fan and yes I hide it, hide it all over the house, laundry room check, in boring looking pantry boxes check, I'll take the chocolates!
    Have you ever had frozen Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars?

I have ALL my chocolates in the freezer. I like it when it melts in my mouth.

These

And this guy:

Mark Twain.

I don’t care if Gonzaga moves to the MWC or stays in the WCC as long as I can watch most of the games. If the Zags move into a league that curtails viewing options, I will take up arms against such tyranny.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Quote Originally Posted by GPGUgrad View Post
    Have you ever had frozen Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bars?

I have ALL my chocolates in the freezer. I like it when it melts in my mouth.
    I actually like chocolate best when it's warmer, so when it's not summer I'll put them in my hoodie pocket for a few minutes before I eat them. Pop tarts, the ice cream and milk shake flavors are really good in the freezer!

The Kardashians

Sushi 🍣 with eel. The skin gives me the heebie jeebies.

Rick on The Walking Dead. Someone let me know when he dies!

Those new bread ties

Rick on The Walking Dead. Someone let me know when he dies!
    I am with you on this one. Dude is the worst leader of all time.
    You can't make a half sandwich. If it's not half of a whole sandwich, it's just a small sandwich.

Sushi �� with eel. The skin gives me the heebie jeebies.
    Huge sushi fan here, mother of god am I with you on this one. Never, ever, order the eel versions.

Zuchini in garden

Fire ants, when I see the mounds. When I don't see the mounds and accidentally step in one, as I did today, I care deeply.

Jeff Bezos being richest guy on Earth. You'd think after about $50 billion you'd be good and start sharing some dough with his workers

Non-caffeinated anything

College BB with leads greater than 10 with a minute left, unless it's the zags, in which case I am sure they can still lose

FT shooters less than 65%
    Mark Twain.

I do not care to hear another single argument, pro or con, as to moving to the MWC
    Mark Twain.

Arizona's head coach

Basketball Web Sites Listing

“ We tend to forget in times of reversal that life without risk is endless rehearsal.” -- Fran J. Polek

Hospital food
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Hospital food
    I hope you're doing okay and not experiencing the hospital food first hand, Phish.
    My hospital is in the middle of our Little Italy, so if they even manage to ruin a grilled cheese, I'm ordering takeout!

I hope you're doing okay and not experiencing the hospital food first hand, Phish.
    My hospital is in the middle of our Little Italy, so if they even manage to ruin a grilled cheese, I'm ordering takeout!
    Mrs. Phish is in the hospital for a bit. Long term monitoring on her brain in the possible (probable?) run up to surgery to address her super serious epilepsy. So I'm getting the food sorta second hand. It's just terrible.

OTOH, our hospital is located next to some decent places, so it's take out from now on. Her neurologist gently nixed my idea about smuggling in a bottle of wine, reminding me that we're on 24/7 camera monitoring. He added that cannabis was also not allowed, though I don't know why he felt prompted to say that.

:-)
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Mrs. Phish is in the hospital for a bit. Long term monitoring on her brain in the possible (probable?) run up to surgery to address her super serious epilepsy. So I'm getting the food sorta second hand. It's just terrible.

OTOH, our hospital is located next to some decent places, so it's take out from now on. Her neurologist gently nixed my idea about smuggling in a bottle of wine, reminding me that we're on 24/7 camera monitoring. He added that cannabis was also not allowed, though I don't know why he felt prompted to say that.

Good luck to Mr and Mrs Phish. I hope things go well.

Good luck to Mr and Mrs Phish. I hope things go well.
    Thank you.

Prayers for Mrs. Phish and for you my friend.